Tears for Fears Tipping Point Blu Ray audio

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
wow, bold statement. Cant wait to listen to the whole enchilada. I no longer listen to singles, it's way easy to misjudge an album by them.
To be honest, I'm a little bit scared about the rest of the album, as they have set the bar too high with the first three singles. We'll be able to judge in less than one month

wow, bold statement. Cant wait to listen to the whole enchilada. I no longer listen to singles, it's way easy to misjudge an album by them.
I am not listening to the other two tracks they released. I will wait and hear the album as a whole. Doing the same with the new Eddie Vedder solo record.

I am not listening to the other two tracks they released. I will wait and hear the album as a whole. Doing the same with the new Eddie Vedder solo record.
Well done! I've applied that to all albums. The temptation is real, and we could be lured by the hype, but I guess the payback of waiting is more.

Really like the two songs I've heard so far, The Tipping Point and No Small Thing. So happy I managed to secure one of the blu-rays! BTW, if you missed out, Paul Sinclair, SDE, reckons there will be a few for sale later - some from cancelled orders (where they tried to get multiple copies to sell on) and 25 (I'm fairly sure that was that number he said) he held back in case there were issues.

Meanwhile, two great articles to keep us going:

The Guardian: ‘If there is a God, this is what he put us on Earth to do’: the unlikely return of Tears for Fears

NME: Tears For Fears on how personal and political trauma shaped new album 'The Tipping Point'

The Guardian one is particularly informative, and I love the bit about the karaoke bar. :love:

Wow, I'm listening to the Atmos mix in Apple and it's stunning, the kind of mix that automatically puts a big grin on your face. It's very, very discreet and mastering is miles better than the stereo version. I'm on repeat mode with the three available singles and very glad to have bought the Blu-ray
Where in Apple Music did you find the Atmos mix? When I search for it, I don't see the Atmos icon.

1644173404356.png

It's the same on the AppleTV and my phone.

Damn! This does sound great, love the mix on the first song Great use of all speakers. Got a preorder in, glad I did now!

Also sometimes when they pre release songs from an album the Atmos tag is not shown always…
The inconsistency is frustrating. The new Alt-J has three pre release tracks and the album listing shows as Atmos. What's weird, is I didn't trust the label and tried playing the songs and I swear there was nothing in the surrounds. Listened after asking question and there definitely music in the surrounds.

Only listened to the core 5.1 off Tidal but it does seem like a very active mix with lots of discrete information in the surrounds and dry vocals in the center.
Glad to see the Atmos mix being released on Tidal too seeing as I missed the Bluray by a couple of hours.. will have to make do with the Tidal rip.

So, judging by this conversation, 5.1 album mixes will be released earlier if they're being streamed, is that right? And so it's going to become a trend that we will first hear from streamers about how good a 5.1 mix is? Or am I getting this completely wrong and you're just talking about the two songs that have come out on youtube so far (albeit, the 5.1 mixes of them)?

So, judging by this conversation, 5.1 album mixes will be released earlier if they're being streamed, is that right? And so it's going to become a trend that we will first hear from streamers about how good a 5.1 mix is? Or am I getting this completely wrong and you're just talking about the two songs that have come out on youtube so far (albeit, the 5.1 mixes of them)?
It's just the three singles that have recently been released in Atmos on Apple and Tidal, the rest is coming no earlier than Feb 25 I'm guessing.

Last edited:
Back