Ten Years After - A space in Time (2012 4.1 Release!)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I did not find that Amazon offer, but thanks for the head's up anyway.

The only way I found it is by searching for the regular CD version and then looking down at the "Formats" box. Click on "Vinyl, Import, 2012" and it takes you to the page for the vinyl/DVD version (though it doesn't say anything about the quad DVD...However, the ASIN number matches up to the correct edition, as confirmed in this thread). It's still up there for $16.99 and it looks like they already restocked, as it now says "5 left in stock".

Hope that helps!

For some unknown reason AF is putting this one out on vinyl too. As if it will sound any different. You can be sure it will cost more and the DVD will be missing.

The big problem with the DVD is that front & rear are reversed.
There is a Q4 DVDA version also "out there" that absolutely smokes the Q8 and the DVD.....

I do have the DVD-A version (I assume it's the Q4), but for $16.99, it was hard to pass up the 'official' version, even if it is screwed up. In fact, I'm sort of curious to hear the reversed channels, as I'm always looking for new and interesting ways to hear music that I dig!

I do have the DVD-A version (I assume it's the Q4), but for $16.99, it was hard to pass up the 'official' version, even if it is screwed up. In fact, I'm sort of curious to hear the reversed channels, as I'm always looking for new and interesting ways to hear music that I dig!

You need a car like this with a surround DVD player for this....
Untitled.png

Just lossy dts on the disc?! Thanks for the warning!:)

Anyone compare it to the 24/96 transfer of the Q4 that I assume most of us are familiar with? Always been pretty happy with that.
Very cool surround mix here too! I don't think I've gone back to the stereo mix since I got the quad.

Just read your comment Neil. That's what I assumed.

Bought one a month ago, and it's the same color, although this one must have been a Monday assembly, 'cause it's bass ackwards!
Is that the Lirpa convertible? How about this ugly car here?

Attachments

• ugly_car.jpg
    ugly_car.jpg
    31.8 KB · Views: 252
Reversed fronts and rears not such a big issue for me. I'd held off getting the LP/DVD set and jumped on the new price thanks to this thread! Yay!
---------- Chris

It is correct... depending on what you have (any of the fan made ones were made from a quad reel or Q8 - and we actually care about that stuff)

It was probably done by someone in the know of quad. Sounds brilliant. It was done years before the official one came out.

Back