The Band - Music From Big Pink (50th Anniversary CD/Blu-Ray/2LP/7" Deluxe Set)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have to admit, even though I have no interest in getting into vinyl (too much work, too many pops and crackles), the one thing about these releases that makes my mouth water is COLORED VINYL! :LB

I am a sucker for colored vinyl. And a vacuum record cleaner will do wonders for the crackles and pops. But I can't justify going beyond the box, which is bad enough, to get those pretty pink platters!

Marketers are cruel!

I am a sucker for colored vinyl. And a vacuum record cleaner will do wonders for the crackles and pops. But I can't justify going beyond the box, which is bad enough, to get those pretty pink platters!

Marketers are cruel!

Huh?..beyond the box...you can just buy the 2 LPs...no box purchase is required...did you see my post...it includes the option to buy those 2LPs without any box items..

My point is that I want the Blu Ray for the surround, and that I wish the vinyls in the big phat box were the pink ones....

Ah...I see...well you could buy the box set and keep the surround disc and sell the rest...I'm buying the box set and I don't even have a turntable and someone offered to buy the vinyl without me even asking...it would just take a little work on your part...but I understand....a lot of people don't want to do that....I am curious about the "regular vinyl" in the box set....the pink vinyl is 180 gram...I'm thinking the vinyl in the box set probably isn't...

I am in a similar position...love the thought of vinyl...but don't really want all the headaches(pops and crackles and just bad copies)but what I miss the most is the artwork on the covers...aside from the obvious pleasing appearance...it brings back memories of when I had a turntable....those covers made excellent "seed sorters"...you just put your weed on the covers...once you broke up the clumps...and tilt the covers and gravity did the rest...the seeds just rolled downhill:D
One cool thing about FLAC files is that you get the artwork on your big screen (I know some people like the room dark for listening, but I like artwork on the plasma TV, black lights and blacklight art glowing, and my plasma ball crackling!) As for the seeds, well, in Cali the herbs are medical grade and (I imagine) seedless ;)

Just a reminder....the low price at amazon is still good...and this indicates to me how serious amazon is at crushing the competition...poor Bullmoose is a few pennies short of $100...and if you don't have to pay tax(which I do)that puts the cost at only $77.52 with shipping...that's $22.45 cheaper than Bullmoose...now even if you like Bullmoose...which I do...it would take a lot of loyalty to spend that much more...and even importcds can't keep up on this one...UNLESS they have a major discount before the release date...

The other familiar spots...Acoustic Sounds...Music Direct...and Elusive Disc...are all a few pennies shy of $125...so they aren't even close..over $67 more than amazon...so why mention all these sites..well...if you are Acoustic Sounds...Music Direct and Elusive Disc...are you going to continue to stock these items when you can't move them...Music Direct has deep pockets...so they don't need them...Acoustic Sounds has other revenue streams...so they don't need them...now I'm not sure how deep Elusive Disc pockets are...but regardless...I doubt they are going to keep ordering these sets and not being able to sell them...so let's just say that they stop ordering them...and Bullmoose does have some brick and mortar stores...but is it enough to keep being beat by considerable margins by amazon?...I don't know...it's just that fewer competitors are never a good thing for us...and if amazon blows them out of the water....that's when amazon can start to control the market...and goodbye to these big price reductions...

Last edited:
One cool thing about FLAC files is that you get the artwork on your big screen (I know some people like the room dark for listening, but I like artwork on the plasma TV, black lights and blacklight art glowing, and my plasma ball crackling!) As for the seeds, well, in Cali the herbs are medical grade and (I imagine) seedless ;)

I know what you mean about the artwork on flac files..and don't get me wrong...it's nice and I like it...but for me these electronic images just aren't the same...something about the texture...yea..I know it's just cardboard...but seeing it displayed and touching it is so much better...for me...just think of the future...they will probably do away with art galleries and replace them with electronic images of the art....those generations will never experience seeing the masters as they were..flaws and all...in regards to the medical grade weed...I was born too early:censored:

Dang you guys! Just checked back on this thread. Long ago decided to pass on this but...
One bitch, if they are offering a vinyl only release then they should've offered a Deluxe minus vinyl but they aren't.
Reading that this will a have new remix sucked me in, plus Clint's incessant Amazon price updates ;)
Oh well, if The Weight on the BD sounds better to me than the DVD-A, I'll be happy.
Too late in the game to quibble about a few bucks over lasting enjoyment.

Last edited:
I thought I would bring this thread back to life...we are less than 2 weeks from the release date(8/31)...I know a lot of folks passed on this one due to the vinyl....and with all the discussion about Bitches...and anticipation of the Doobies and for me the non surround releases by Hendrix and Simon and Garfunkel...this one has been under the radar....amazon exhausted their supply($77.52 before tax if you are charged) finally....I'm not the least bit interested in Imagine so my attention has turned to THE BAND...

Last edited:
Well...I too went to the Dark Side!...Walton vs Drone boy...I'm going with John Boy on this one...LONG LIVE WALLY WORLD....as an added bonus I will probably receive it quicker(y)

VIVA WALLY WORLD. Likewise placed an order for BIG PINK!

823619-the-waltons.jpg

The Waltons in B&W, pre BIG PINK!

Last edited:
I just wonder it there is something else going on with Walmart....with Best Buy's public announcement about removing CDs from inventory...maybe Walmart sees an opportunity....just saying..

I saw on the news that Walmart is going the route of Amazon, Netflix etc. by producing original TV/motion picture programming and eventually start their own streaming services.

Back