'The Beatles' (White Album) [50th Anniversary Box Set with 5.1 Blu-ray Disc!]

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Are you talking about me again? Or... Is that a trick question? LOL!!! :ROFLMAO:

4-earredwonder said:
Within 6 months, Perp, Amazon Warehouse deals will probably drop the price to below $100 [or less] .... but who wants to wait THAT long?

It really depends on your level of Beatle fandom, Brett. I do think for those cautious to purchase this album on the basis of what I consider Giles' rather tepid remix of Pepper, perhaps the wait and see approach is the intelligent one.

And if you do purchase it at a much reduced price....all the more power because doubtful they'll be THAT limited.

Just pre-ordered the Super Deluxe Box from Amazon France. There is a €10 promo code (FRENCHDAYS10) currently available. With standard shipping to the U.S. the grand total is $113.77 (or €98,16).

Even with credit card international fees this is still the best deal I could find at the moment.

That IS the best price SO FAR.

It really depends on your level of Beatle fandom, Brett. I do think for those cautious to purchase this album on the basis of what I consider Giles' rather tepid remix of Pepper, perhaps the wait and see approach is the intelligent one.

And if you do purchase it at a much reduced price....all the more power because doubtful they'll be THAT limited.

I think that is good advice Ralphie(y)....for those that are looking for another LOVE type surround...this isn't going to be it....and if you didn't enjoy the Peppers mix....you probably won't like this one either...that way you save money for another purchase and those of us that enjoyed the Peppers release don't have to hear all the complaints...a win win situation for all involved(y)

Hopefully this time around the "expectation" wave won't drown all of us in it's wake:D...and like Ralphie mentioned....they aren't going to sell out of this title anytime soon..

They are different..... than the standard US editions...I've never dealt with any other Japanese outlets so I had no idea that other outlets provided SHM-CDs in their sets and different packaging...
Well, yeah that's why I buy them.;)
I thought the point was that CDJapan & Amazon.jp were selling versions that were different from each other.

Just pre-ordered the Super Deluxe Box from Amazon France. There is a €10 promo code (FRENCHDAYS10) currently available. With standard shipping to the U.S. the grand total is $113.77 (or €98,16).

Even with credit card international fees this is still the best deal I could find at the moment.
Sure you didn't get your Euro and GBP reversed? As in 119.99Eur and 98GBP? :)

Sure you didn't get your Euro and GBP reversed? As in 119.99Eur and 98GBP? :)
No confusion on my part:
4F7DB432-5699-4BB2-BBA6-9116ECEE7753.jpeg

4-earredwonder said:
Within 6 months, Perp, Amazon Warehouse deals will probably drop the price to below $100 [or less] .... but who wants to wait THAT long?

Sorry, Ralphie! I couldn't resist. It's not that my level of Beatle fandom is low or anything. I love there music. In fact, I just played Help and Please Please Me today. It's just that I've got too much other music tugging at my heartstrings...being the Classicist that I am, you know. :giggle:

Sorry, Ralphie! I couldn't resist. It's not that my level of Beatle fandom is low or anything. I love their music. In fact, I just played Help and Please Please Me today. It's just that I've got too much other music tugging at my heartstrings...being the Classicist that I am, you know. :giggle:

Well, Brett, there comes a time in every young man's life where he has to make decisions which may affect him the rest of his life.

Hopefully, as you played the Beatles' classic HELP.........you were afforded the answer: that little voice in your head which pleaded "Please, Please ME....." Meaning.....The White Album.

You were given a sign. Carpe Diem!:ROFLMAO:Narcissistic Classicist that you are!

Last edited:
The new stereo mix of Back in the U.S.S.R. is now on iTunes.
IMHO it's a big improvement on the original, lead vocal centred with double tracking ,harmonies and hand claps spread across the stereo field.
The overall clarity and impact is also greatly improved.
I can't wait to hear the whole album in Hi-Res and of course in 5.1

Amazon is playing the price game again...$145.34 right now

The games continue...amazon is "fishing" again...looking for someone to bite on the price change...now $138.74....BUT...this time around amazon didn't include any of the "special savings" which they did earlier... which took care of the sales tax...

Last edited:
The games continue...amazon is "fishing" again...looking for someone to bite on the price change...now $138.74....BUT...this time around amazon didn't include any of the "special savings" which they did earlier... which took care of the sales tax...
I don’t knoooooow.....that pricing is making me think again (rollercoaster o_O). Do I pay $149 with tax and have it on release day. Or, do I save approximately $30 minus the cc fees getting it through Amazon France and waiting 7-10 days to get it delivered? :unsure:o_O

I don’t knoooooow.....that pricing is making me think again (rollercoaster o_O). Do I pay $149 with tax and have it on release day. Or, do I save approximately $30 minus the cc fees getting it through Amazon France and waiting 7-10 days to get it delivered? :unsure:o_O

That's if it EVEN comes within 7 ~ 10 days? How's your French?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back