The QQ pet & critters thread...

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My niece's two cats. Just look at the symmetry. If she gets two more kitties, she can have a purrrrfectly balanced quad system.

-7540747260035628839.jpg

My niece's two cats. Just look at the symmetry. If she gets two more kitties, she can have a purrrrfectly balanced quad system.

View attachment 98830
They say curiosity killed the cat, so typed in Cat Symmetry and got this surprising result!

Bilateral symmetry

Cats, like many other organisms, undergo a process called bilateral symmetry during embryonic development. This means that they have a left and right side that mirror each other. Inside a cat’s body, their skeletal structure, internal organs, and facial features are all designed in a way that promotes symmetrical appearance.

8 Awe-Inspiring Cats That Are Purr-fectly Symmetrical

blog.catbandit.com/8-awe-inspiring-cats-that-are-purr-fectly-symmetrical/

Last edited:
View attachment 98837
My greyhounds Dashiell and Senna demonstrating their spatial audio (and olfactory detection) analog technology: independently positionable and reconfigurable ears.
Seeing the snow and the two straps my first thought was they were sled dogs. LOL Then I realized those were leashes. Beautiful dogs.

They say curiosity killed the cat, so typed in Cat Symmetry and got this surprising result!

Bilateral symmetry

Cats, like many other organisms, undergo a process called bilateral symmetry during embryonic development. This means that they have a left and right side that mirror each other. Inside a cat’s body, their skeletal structure, internal organs, and facial features are all designed in a way that promotes symmetrical appearance.

View attachment 98835

Here is a pic of our non-symmetrical cat Gussie:

20150320_190615.jpg

Story behind her is she was one of 3 gray & white feral cats in our neighborhood. The others are long haired & about the size of Lamar. Gussie is petite. It turns out she was the mama cat to the other two. A neighbor took all all three to the vet to have them "fixed" (the long hairs were boys) and then the neighbor released them.

Gussie adopted us & the other two remained mostly outside except Gertie who would come in frequently esp if the weather was bad. The other one Gretta you can't get within a few feet of & she's backing off. Gertie was killed (we think) by an owl a couple of years ago. They all fell in love with our beagle. She was a tank and they loved rubbing up against her. I had to run interference just so she could get off the back deck. And Gussie would walk with Maddie the beagle and I when we went around the block. If I go to a neighbors house she is usually sitting outside the front door waiting for me. But Gussie is still living large enjoying music & movies with me when I'm in the Bassment. Gretta is always outside. Who knows how old these remaining two are but I discovered them about 11 years ago.

Last edited:
View attachment 98837
My greyhounds Dashiell and Senna demonstrating their spatial audio (and olfactory detection) analog technology: independently positionable and reconfigurable ears.
Those sight hounds are such lovely canines. We owned a Borzoi years ago, a black and white long-hair female. She was a joy.

Bilateral symmetry

View attachment 98835

Gee, I never really noticed the extent of the symmetry of the fur patterns of my (long gone) gray tabby. It is actually quite remarkable.

2010-05.JPG

How are Bodhi’s eyes doing? I see that he still needs the ski goggles.
Bodhi’s pannus is under control with eye drops. But this is a life long autoimmune disease that will require him to wear the goggles the rest of his life. Dogs with pannus have a sensitivity to UV light so they need the goggles outside during the day.
6CA510A1-7722-4724-AAF9-6DD8D3CD5FB8.jpeg

New memberof our family today. She’s a rescue, about 6 years old, and seemed to pick us out instead of the other way around. We’ve had about ten cats over the course of our marriage. This is our first tortoise shell.

No name yet. The shelter called her “Nitro.” She’s not that active, which is good.

Attachments

• 059BD784-68C8-4188-9B30-29EBEC7FEE8C.jpeg
    059BD784-68C8-4188-9B30-29EBEC7FEE8C.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 0
New memberof our family today. She’s a rescue, about 6 years old, and seemed to pick us out instead of the other way around. We’ve had about ten cats over the course of our marriage. This is our first tortoise shell.

No name yet. The shelter called her “Nitro.” She’s not that active, which is good.
We've had our one tortie since she was a kitten, about 12 years old now. She is active (sometimes HYPERactive), very smart, and very stubborn. Nitro may live up to her name after she's become accustomed to her new environment :)

Back