The SDE Surround Sound Series (Updated list of titles with links in post #1)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hoping this news item at SDE signals that @PaulatSDE is working behind the scenes to orchestrate an Atmos mix of Hounds of Love. (I can dream, can't I?)
https://superdeluxeedition.com/news/kate-bushs-hounds-of-love-to-be-reissued-later-this-year/
If so, and of course Iā€™d be all in for it, believe Iā€™d prefer to wake up thrilled one morning with definitive news of it locked in; rather than be teased by rumors and never materialize. Remember the bullet to the head of Revolver?

However, dream on!

Regarding paper sleeves for the surround series. They come from factory very tight and flat. Not the easiest to open, but I found a trick.
If you have any experience in rolling doobies, use that technique.
Start at one side, index finger on both sides inside and roll with thumb, slowly, turn over and do other side the same. Works well and no bends in the paper sleeves.

I can't seem to get this right.
Gilbert O'Sullivan, thought I ordered and didn't.
Orbital, ordered 2 (mistake) with a 2nd XPropaganda jacket.
Oh well.

Your not alone. I just got a second Orbital disc without the XProg jacket this time.
- Have to say that Orbital has a killer Atmos mix. I was originally on the fence about ordering as I wasn't loving the lead off song "Dirty Rat".
Glad I pulled the trigger (apparently twice).

Same here, thankfully Dirty Rat is the worst song on the disc (IMO) so a worthwhile purchase overall.
I actually really like the Dirty Rat track and it was listening to it that made me get the disc in the first place. But it probably resonate more to the European/British listeners as it has quite a strong current political theme which may not be as on topic across the pond.

Regarding paper sleeves for the surround series. They come from factory very tight and flat. Not the easiest to open, but I found a trick.
If you have any experience in rolling doobies, use that technique.
Start at one side, index finger on both sides inside and roll with thumb, slowly, turn over and do other side the same. Works well and no bends in the paper sleeves.
ā€˜Rolling doobiesā€™ - what do you speak of, Markie?

Just had an email, see below
1678055755514.png

Back