QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

Clint Eastwood

2K Club - QQ Super Nova

fredblue

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
QQ Supporter
..and to me that guy is dead.. wrong! :p

I've read his claptrap before too. There always have been and always will be anti-surround people, it's their loss if they don't "get it".

Meantime, we are enjoying a bumper year of terrific new surround music releases. Long may it continue!

leevitalone1

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
..and to me that guy is dead.. wrong! :p

I've read his claptrap before too. There always have been and always will be anti-surround people, it's their loss if they don't "get it".

Meantime, we are enjoying a bumper year of terrific new surround music releases. Long may it continue!

Agree, he is out of touch with what is really happening. Perhaps someone should tell him about Atmos too! These guys at the AVS forum are just waiting to get their hands on the tech.

blue.monk

1K Club - QQ Shooting Star
The article was posted in February. I wonder what he'd say about the growing list of surround titles released or announced since then.

PK

800 Club - QQ All-Star
QQ Supporter
Some of his movies are good for a laugh though...

Police-Academy.jpg

Ranasakawa

1K Club - QQ Shooting Star
That article made me angry. He didn't recognise the people who 'do' have surround systems and are supporting the format. Good for him.

leevitalone1

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
well he is right about sound bar sales..they are starting to take over a large part of sales....and every one of those sales means no surround receiver sales

I see that sound bars are popular, but soon enough people want the real thing. The direct cause of this and our failure to have lots of surround media is demonstrated by the total lack of any type of education. I know it's not conducive to the rules here, but all you need do is see the yahoo article about Spielberg shooting a dinosaur, and the response's he got.
And wonder no more.

DuncanS

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
QQ Supporter
I rarely watch a film in surround, stereo is good enough! Music however its got to be in surround :51banana:

JonUrban

Forum Curmudgeon
Staff member
Admin
Since 2002/2003
Soundbars are probably fine for apartments, people with unenthusiastic spouses (notice I did not say "wives" :) ), limited budgets, etc. You can't kill their existence as they do serve a purpose. However, to claim that their fast acceptance indicates a negative attitude toward surround sound is totally foolish. With that reasoning, headphones, ear buds, and stereo-only car audio systems would also indicate a negative attitude toward surround.

If the default stereo is the only choice, then it's NOT a choice.