Quantcast

Tidal Adds Dolby Atmos Music

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

humprof

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
Look for Sergio Vallin - Microsinfonias. He's the guitarist of a famous mexican band called Mana. He just released his instrumental album in Dolby Atmos and it's amazing. Featuring other artists such as Steve Vai and Santana and mixed by Mikel F. Krutzaga.
For people outside of Mexico who aren't familiar with Mana (or with Rock en Espanol), one place to start would be the new Netflix documentary series Break It All:

Last edited:

halbroome

1K Club - QQ Shooting Star
Look for Sergio Vallin - Microsinfonias. He's the guitarist of a famous mexican band called Mana. He just released his instrumental album in Dolby Atmos and it's amazing. Featuring other artists such as Steve Vai and Santana and mixed by Mikel F. Krutzaga.
I have Mana's 5.1 DVD -- it's very good!

César

1K Club - QQ Shooting Star
Nice record and mix, thanks for the heads up. And very dynamic it is, I almost had a heart attack with the sudden orchestra crescendo in track 1!

Monkish

I’ve gotten to hear some of the Tidal offerings in 5.1, and even without the Atmos effect, there are some *nice* mixes in there.

Am I correct, though, in that no additional classic-era songs (60s through 90s) have been added since the launch eight months ago, except for the Gimme Some Truth album (which was an album unto itself, as opposed to mixes specifically created for the Tidal Atmos project)?

If so, I’m wondering if there are any more “classic” songs in the pipeline, or if they’ve quietly dropped that part of the equation?

EricKalet

600 Club - QQ All-Star
QQ Supporter
I’ve gotten to hear some of the Tidal offerings in 5.1, and even without the Atmos effect, there are some *nice* mixes in there.

Am I correct, though, in that no additional classic-era songs (60s through 90s) have been added since the launch eight months ago, except for the Gimme Some Truth album (which was an album unto itself, as opposed to mixes specifically created for the Tidal Atmos project)?

If so, I’m wondering if there are any more “classic” songs in the pipeline, or if they’ve quietly dropped that part of the equation?
Spot on observation. They have only added "new" releases or recent mixes.