Tom Petty amd The Heartbreakers Latest "Hypnotic Eye" Blu-Ray due July 29th

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've just had a quick play through, surround on this new one strikes me as an improvement (to me) and is more active/engaging 5.1 than the last two TP Blu-ray Audio's.

Is is it my imagination or has TP's voice deteriorated somewhat in the interim?

Still, I prefer the album itself to Mojo, this is rockier, much more like it! Great release guys, go for it!

I'll add.. video/interface is v.similar to Mojo BD-A.

Disc defaults to Stereo if you load up and don't hit anything but one touch of the "Audio" button on your remote and you're into the DTS HD MA 5.1.

Just two streams, PCM 2.0 and DTS HD MA 5.1, none of the HFPA "every format under the sun" shenanigans!

I was dreading the mix on this would be lacking but really enjoyed it, quite a lot of rear stuff going on, even if it's reinforcement of the fronts, it works. Nice!

Sound quality struck me as excellent. I didn't feel it suffered for being DTS (as opposed to PCM is the issue I'm guessing?) or 48k at any time while listening but that's just me my ears, my gear, etc.. I'm just thankful for a great sounding disc of completely new music with a decent surround mix :)

Yes. I agree sound quality is excellent ..... I'm just a pain in the butt about getting my quarterly 96/24 Surround fix....and I thought this one was gonna be like the DTT one, a 96/24 affair(I just like my cillia to tingle when I spend my hard earned money for these)...the least I ask for 96/24 MCH PLEEEEEAAAASSSSEEEEE........well....expectations...

The local store here doesn't stock this. They said since it's Blu-ray Audio a special player is needed. I straightened her out on that.

Probably it won't change anything. So is this in cardboard or did they use a nice case?

The local store here doesn't stock this. They said since it's Blu-ray Audio a special player is needed. I straightened her out on that.

Probably it won't change anything. So is this in cardboard or did they use a nice case?

My local store had the CD, but not the Blu-ray... :(

POS cardboard! personally i don't care as long as AQ is good...

p.s. congrat's on your 11 year anniversary!

I got the BD at my local store for $15.99. I was surprised that it was included in the new release sale pricing.

Yes!! Received the Blu Ray today! :) Haven't listened to it yet though...

Wish I had a Blu Ray drive in my PC so I could make FLACs for my collection. Does anybody have FLACs and would you be willing to share? I'll be happy to send you a photo of the disc to prove I have the original.

Jon, please delete this post in case it violates forum rules. Hope it's ok!

This is the best album rock release from Petty since his solo album or Damn the Torpedoes. It deserves a place in your collection regardless of the presentation....

My Deluxe Cardboard Edition arrived today. I read somewhere that rather than signing the first 100 Deluxe Editions, Petty bent each one individually. No two are exactly alike! Mine is bent to bloody hell so my guess is it's a top tier collectable :yikes

I've just had a quick play through, surround on this new one strikes me as an improvement (to me) and is more active/engaging 5.1 than the last two TP Blu-ray Audio's.

Is is it my imagination or has TP's voice deteriorated somewhat in the interim?

Still, I prefer the album itself to Mojo, this is rockier, much more like it! Great release guys, go for it!

i think he sounds as good as ever! surprisingly well in fact...all the years seem to have been very good to him. not many hold up this well... i love this new release :sun

i think he sounds as good as ever! surprisingly well in fact...all the years seem to have been very good to him. not many hold up this well... i love this new release :sun

Same here! I was surprised how well all the guys are in form. I like the disc, though I would have loved one or two more laid-back songs, like "Trip to Pirate's Cove", which was one of my favourites on Mojo. Agree about the Surround... Very active!

I thought TP's voice sounded a little shrill on just the first song but maybe he was going for that tone...Surround mix isn't bad just nothing to jump up and down about for me...as far as the music and sonics well, Hypnotic Eye is (as they say) da
bomb.jpg
:smokin:smokin

Although I am starting to like a lot of songs on this disc, the surround to me is not that impressive. Especially if you go from, for example, the Bob Marley disc to this one. Quite a let down.

Although I am starting to like a lot of songs on this disc, the surround to me is not that impressive. Especially if you go from, for example, the Bob Marley disc to this one. Quite a let down.

THAT's tough competition!

Back