UK "Night After Night" CD/Blu-Ray set (with Bob Clearmountain 5.1 mix)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I started to listen the other day but I got sidetracked.....just from the very brief segment...the fidelity was good..but it was more like background music for me as I was involved online.....but any surround evaluation will have to come later....I have to warn you that I have never heard this band before so I have no real feel for them

It's a NICE album but doubtful, Clinty, you'd ever listen to it NIGHT AFTER NIGHT!

Supposed to receive mine later today from Deep Discount!

Clint, you still haven’t posted your full evaluation.
I know Clint......he likely hasn't sat down and listened to the whole thing......and even if he has....he usually doesn't slather on about the releases on the forum. He leaves that up to the rest of the members...who LOVE to talk it up. :)

Nothing wrong with that. Just sayin'

I know Clint......he likely hasn't sat down and listened to the whole thing......and even if he has....he usually doesn't slather on about the releases on the forum. He leaves that up to the rest of the members...who LOVE to talk it up. :)

Nothing wrong with that. Just sayin'
I can dig it, Gene!

I've got to say, in light of how absolutely completely botched the entire rest of the box set is - from volume war mastering (even the HD stereo blurays) to inferior copies of the live 2 track recordings to missing multitracks for the studio albums - this 'after the fact' live recording got one of the best mixes it could have ever had. This deserves to be heard and it's great to see a live recording get this kind of proper attention! Liberating this with a stand-alone release was the thing to do. Avoid the box.

this 'after the fact' live recording got one of the best mixes it could have ever had. This deserves to be heard and it's great to see a live recording get this kind of proper attention! Liberating this with a stand-alone release was the thing to do. Avoid the box.

Unless you're a completest fool for the band like me; terrific mix AND a full length show is so gratifying. Made a DVD-A for the car and recently made a second copy because to the wear/handling on the first copy. ;)

I will say that the BD authoring on this is minimalist to the extreme. The initial welcoming screen with the front cover art has options for stereo or surround. Beyond that, there’s nothing else. Once surround is selected, the first song starts playing with the front cover art on display, but no song titles are displayed. There literally is no menu. I’m sure this is budget driven but seemed a little strange when first encountered.

I too received my copy today. This band passed me by, which is a shame, as this live recording is really worth listening to.
Er..this is live in surround ain't it..:unsure:
Mr Clearmountain has done a superb job in getting out of it what he could, to deliver a very good live surround release.
And just as important ..I'm enjoying the music.(y)
Totally agree, that it seems skimping on any menu must be an oversite or just being cheapskates!!
But I wish to end on a positive...It is well worth your pennies to grab a copy....imo.
Cheers 'rtbluray' for the heads up :SG

Can you translate that to English for me?

Eddie Jobson gets money from sales ...John Wettons's estate too ...and "the rest of the musicians got paid"? Meaning Terry Bozzio? That's bad?

Can you translate that to English for me?

Eddie Jobson gets money from sales ...John Wettons's estate too ...and "the rest of the musicians got paid"? Meaning Terry Bozzio? That's bad?

Kappy's post may not be entirely clear - there is an ongoing dispute between Wetton's estate and Eddie Jobson. I'll not take sides as I'm not privy to all details from either side - I guess that all needs to play out in the courts where most of the disputed $$ inevitably ends up in the various lawyers hands.

Finally received my copy of U.K.'s Night After Night Extended today (and playing it now). New 5.1 mix of the album sounds good (and an improvement over the original LP). And I agree with other posters about the lack of a proper 'main menu' screen with the ability to go directly to a song title on the disc (I would've also liked more in the way of liner notes for this set).

Enjoying this show. Lack of menus and minimal liner notes aside, Clearmountain manages to make this power trio sound HUGE. He also chooses lots of key moments for showcasing parts in the surrounds.
If LZ were mixed like this I'd die.
Sorry my brother but I couldn't help it! (giggling)

Back