Universal Music to Remix Thousands of Songs Into Dolby Atmos

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
...as if creating an Atmos mix merely requires running stereo tapes through the Atmosizer 9000 (big, expensive black box with lots of blinking lights) —

guide-to-blinken-lights-on-old-iron-featured.gif

reminds me of a PDP8 I was being taught assembler coding on (6th form doing A Level computing, so pre-Uni, High School level for non-UK) circa 1974-75, I toggled in some bits of code, something didn't happen :whistle: and I realised I'd crashed it! not popular as it took some time and many reels of paper tape for the operator to get it back up :geek:

Sorry for going off topic here, but this thread seemed the most appropriate:
Blackbird Debuts Dolby Atmos® Music Studio
"... Attendees were treated to a listening session with a wide variety of tracks including Elton John’s “Rocket Man,” Beck’s “Seventh Heaven,” and, for the first time ever, Prince’s “When Doves Cry,” newly mixed by multi-Grammy Award-winning engineer David Leonard ..."
Blackbird (Studio C):
1563641886863.png

Last edited:
Huh?

There are six ceiling speakers in that pic.

Height speakers (upward-firing) don’t work.
I have them.

I also have upward firing...and to be quite honest.....I'm not that impressed with mine either. That said, mine could be mounted up in the corners as down firing....I just haven't figured out how to do it.

I also have upward firing...and to be quite honest.....I'm not that impressed with mine either. That said, mine could be mounted up in the corners as down firing....I just haven't figured out how to do it.

Gene when I first read about up firing speakers for Dolby Atmos I was certain they wouldn't work. Same malarkey as soundbars which promise 5.1 and now atmos. AFAIK, there are NO shortcuts.

Reactions: GOS
And some duct tape to attach your speaker wire to a cable that you shimmy down through the wall. Then pull the whole thing up through the wall to the ceiling where your speakers are. That's how I did it in 1974.

Back