What's the Latest CD/LP Added to Your Pile #2

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
MAD LOVE to @GOS – U da MAN!
5ADD45EF-D2AF-4141-A477-5FE4304C96F1_1_105_c.jpeg

I found a picture of when I saw Rick Derringer opening for Triumph in 1981 in San Juan, where I was in front row. It was posted by Benny King, who passed away in 2012 and is the one to the left-he went on to play with Patty Smyth in Scandal for a few years. This is the only pic I have seen from that awesome concert. My brother Pepe reminded me that someone with very little ethics turned on the HOUSE LIGHTS on Rick while he was playing his gtr solo to have him cut his set short but he still played on cause he is a trooper...
Here it is:
Benjy King derringer San Juan.jpg

I started looking for his releases from back then and found the 1980 LP he was touring it for:
Mi5qcGVn.jpeg

so I bought it with other Derringer LPs from back then...
OTItOTY4NC5qcGVn.jpeg

I remember seeing ads for this one on Circus Magazine... was not aware that it was produced by Mike Chapman! It also features good old Dan Hartman (RIP)...I got a PROMO version of it too..

OC04NzY4LmpwZWc.jpeg

This one is a doozy cause it basically has Pat Benatar's band on it; Neil Geraldo and Myron Grombacher, and it was produced by Todd Rundgren!!! It's weird cause the pic they have on Discogs has got a green background but my copy is BLUE!
MC05NzMxLmpwZWc.jpeg

The seller also had this other doozy which is basically Steely Dan with Rosie singing...the LP is in brown translucent vinyl which always is a plus soundwise...pretty minty too...
ODUtOTM5Mi5wbmc.jpeg

I also felt the urge to get another not so rare LP from another seller but, it's JEFF LYNNE..a VERY minty PROMO copy!
Mi02NTIzLmpwZWc.jpeg

Also visited the Salvation Army yesterday and got a few things...Jane Child's remixes from 1989, which is quite rare:
LTc4NzEuanBlZw.jpeg

Found another rare CD..Donna Summer in 1991 as a BLONDE!!!
Ny01ODY1LmpwZWc.jpeg

Also found this without a cover or sleeve in pretty decent condition..any Trevor Horn is GOOD!
LTc1NjkuanBlZw.jpeg

And with the cover still in shrink and in VG+ condition a Ray Conniff LP from 1973 which, weirdly, never got the Quad treatment that his contemporary LPs got!
NjctNzY0NC5qcGVn.jpeg

and , of course, since I have Volume I of this one, this one was making eyes at me.. pretty decent condition too
NS0yMDQxLmpwZWc.jpeg

good stuff...

Magic Smile by Rosie Vela has been one of my earworms since it came out in '86! Vela was a fashion model who was in a relationship with Jeff Lynne. Album produced by Gary Katz. Donald Fagen on keys

Yeah, I remember her from the excellent "Zoom Live" DVD , she was a looker and great singer.. I heard that she is going through some rough times...:(

Magic Smile by Rosie Vela has been one of my earworms since it came out in '86! Vela was a fashion model who was in a relationship with Jeff Lynne. Album produced by Gary Katz. Donald Fagen on keys

Its a great album, I heard a track on the radio, and when it was released I had to order it specially on CD (I was living in Cornwall then, so not many places down there sold CDs!)

Probably the last Triumph release I will get...cause there ain't no more! Very rarely do I pay more than $10 for a used CD but this one was very special, very rare and I am guessing that there were not that many pressed, and besides , it's on the long extinct "Victory" label....
Mi05NzcyLmpwZWc.jpeg

Hoo boy! I'm officially addicted to these 2 LP 45 rpm all-analogue reissues! Found these both new and unopened for a good deal, so i snapped them up. Won't be able to listen for awhile, but at least i have something to look . . . listen forward to! Read about both of these on MIKE'S PICKS Stay Surrounded, Comrades . . . and Keep Spinning!
1677620972408.png

https://www.discogs.com/release/111...-Featuring-Antonio-Carlos-Jobim-Getz-Gilbertohttps://www.discogs.com/release/3791080-The-Dave-Brubeck-Quartet-Time-Out

Last edited:
Back