Quantcast

What's the Latest DISCRETE Quad LP Added to Your Pile? CD-4, UD-4

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

gvl_guy

I just bought Sergio Mendes and Diana Ross (Last Time I Saw Him) in CD-4, along with a John Lennon (Imagine) in SQ from a guy in Sweden. I had my eyes on these (Discogs) but with the pandemic, he wasn't shipping overseas for a while. Glad that changed. Sergio is always pretty good and I read in these forums that Lennon is -eh- for the SQ mix. I'm really hoping the Diana Ross is good (as in quality. You know how used CD-4's can be.)

quadjoe

I just got three, but haven't listened to them yet. All used, but look to be in very good shape:

America - Hearts
Jethro Tull - War Child
Jimmy Castor Bunch - Dimension III

fredblue

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
QQ Supporter
I just bought Sergio Mendes and Diana Ross (Last Time I Saw Him) in CD-4, along with a John Lennon (Imagine) in SQ from a guy in Sweden. I had my eyes on these (Discogs) but with the pandemic, he wasn't shipping overseas for a while. Glad that changed. Sergio is always pretty good and I read in these forums that Lennon is -eh- for the SQ mix. I'm really hoping the Diana Ross is good (as in quality. You know how used CD-4's can be.)
the Sergio Mendes Quad on Elektra & Diana's Last Time I Saw Him are two of my all-time favourites! they both have great Quad mixes and are musically very nice. i hope your discs demodulate well 🤗 fingers crossed for a good outcome🤞

ummagumma

I picked up Rick Wakeman's "journey to the center of the earth" on CD-4, but I don't know how I'm going to play it back as I don't have a CD-4 decoder. Bought it before I had done any quad research

surround.sound.enthusiast

300 Club - QQ All-Star
I picked up Rick Wakeman's "journey to the center of the earth" on CD-4, but I don't know how I'm going to play it back as I don't have a CD-4 decoder. Bought it before I had done any quad research
Hey, never hurts to add to the collection...

Eventually you'll either collect enough CD-4's, or happen into the hardware to play them back, or not be able to contain your curiosity any longer, and BAM! you'll be playing Quadradiscs too.

gvl_guy

the Sergio Mendes Quad on Elektra & Diana's Last Time I Saw Him are two of my all-time favourites! they both have great Quad mixes and are musically very nice. i hope your discs demodulate well 🤗 fingers crossed for a good outcome🤞
I just bought a total refurbished Sansui QRX-9001. When I pair it with my Shure CD-4 cartridge and a true Shure replacement stylus, it's works perfectly. Everything else I've tried has been iffy. But I'm a happy camper. So I have high hopes! 😃

ummagumma

yep I think I have everything except a decoder: NOS Empire 4000 DIII cart & stylus, Empire 698 TT

I guess I need to figure out the wiring impedence but it should work, I'd think?