What's the latest Multichannel SACD or DVD-A added to your pile? - Vol 1 (CLOSED)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
5969349652_fbf570e194_m.jpg

Very kewl So is your collection, especially the Money promo. How does Love Over Gold sound? Did you A/B it to another copy? I need one.

Have not been able to play the SACD yet. I just received the SACD on Saturday; didn't expected it only take 3 days to go from placing order to receiving the SACD in the mail. :D I think the only way I can do a comparison would be to compare the SACD to the now out-of-print Dire Straits compilation CD, "Money For Nothing".

Have not been able to play the SACD yet. I just received the SACD on Saturday; didn't expected it only take 3 days to go from placing order to receiving the SACD in the mail. :D I think the only way I can do a comparison would be to compare the SACD to the now out-of-print Dire Straits compilation CD, "Money For Nothing".

Private Investigations is the only track you can compare, because Telegraph road is live in the compilation.

I've been buying the King Crimson DVD-A discs. Just got a Dual-Disc of Cyndi Lauper's "Body Acoustic." I think the DVD is only "enhanced stereo." I was hoping for 5.1, but alas... It does sound very good, though. Also got Moodies' "To Our Childrens' Children...."

Grant Lee Phillips - Mobilize SACD
Insane Clown Posse - The Wraith : Shangri La DVD-A
Midnight Oil - Capricornia (6Ch, 24/44.1)
Ian Gillan - Gillan's Inn (Dual Disc....resolution??)
Mariah - Carey - #1's SACD (this one likely destined to be a trader)

Genesis - Invisible Touch SACD+DVD
Genesis - Duke SACD+DVD
R.E.M. - Around the Sun CD+DVD-A

Thanks to Gabe, 'Bach: Six Suites for Solo Cello - Janos Starker' on SA-CD is the newest kid on the block.

The are a few enroute that I hope show up soon.

Grant Lee Phillips - Mobilize SACD
Insane Clown Posse - The Wraith : Shangri La DVD-A
Midnight Oil - Capricornia (6Ch, 24/44.1)
Ian Gillan - Gillan's Inn (Dual Disc....resolution??)
Mariah - Carey - #1's SACD (this one likely destined to be a trader)

Hey Blair. If Capricornia won't play I have a fix.

#1's is a great disc.

Gunnar Idenstam & Johan Hedin - Låtar (swedish folk tunes) (SACD)
No-Man - Schoolyard Ghosts (DVD-A)
R.E.M - Monster (DVD-A & CD)

To me its just not in my possesion until I post here. Once I list acquisitions here then it becomes official. I am waiting on some real good stuff. When you buy discs several times a week it always makes it fun to get mail!

FU: Love the music on Nat. I think that I'll be listening to the 2ch information and synthesizing surround from there. It sounds so much fuller. The 3ch mix too often sounds more like a 1ch mix. I do like Miles, Fenell/Anderson and Heifetz in 3-ch. Still, if you're going to own one Nat title, this is the one to own.

Innervisions is the fourth copy I've owned. SHM SACD beats the Mofi Gold CD. It still sounds a bit compressed, but the SHM beats any copy of this I've heard! There are subtle things that I've never heard before. It can't get better unless they do a 5.1 mix. You need it!

Linda
I get these little notes, "we're out of corn flakes, FU." It took me two weeks to realize FU meant Felix Unger! - Oscar Madison

The Nat King Cole Story (finally) SACD Multi
Fire & Water-Free SHM-SACD Japan 2ch
Innervisions-Stevie Wonder SHM-SACD Japan 2ch I'll be A/B'ing it against my MoFi Gold CD promo copy.
I need the Love Over Gold SHM-SACD!

Linda

Linda,

No zipper, just the photo. But the packaging is nice. Folds out and up to reveal the RS logo and pictures from the original release. I only had a burned copy of this album from a friend, and not sure which edition is was. Doing an A/B (on Can't You Hear Me Knocking) there is definitely an improvement, but I wouldn't say by leaps and bounds. A bit more depth and less hiss. Seems like the drums seem to stand out the most on the SHM. Doesn't sound over-compressed at all which is always a fear on remasters. All in all, I'd say it's a great release.

Is there a zipper, or just a photo? How does it sound? Do you have another copy that you can A/B?

I have this on order. I need it!

Linda
Queen of Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back