What's the latest Multichannel SACD or DVD-A added to your pile? - Vol 1 (CLOSED)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sacred Love - Sting (DVD-Audio).

Now this really is the last DVD-A from Universal on my shopping list! :eek:

Waahh????

I didn't even know that one had a DVD-A release - sorta makes sense though - pity its mewtilated...

Waahh????

I didn't even know that one had a DVD-A release - sorta makes sense though - pity its mewtilated...

I only found out about the DVD-A by accident while looking around online.. Sacred Love was on the initial HFPA BD-A release list too but seems to have gone into eternal limbo hell..!

I wonder if there is a big difference in the 2002 release HERE and the 2007 version HERE

The are both Japanese pressings and one is hybrid and the another is not, sonic difference?

I think the picture is incorrect on the 2002 link... Its the standard Columbia release...CS 86556 (as far as I can tell)....

You are right about one being Columbia(which is Sony too) but both are multi channel and I wonder which is the better sounding disc. There are 3 versions HERE

Don't get the MFSL.... Apparently its not as good sounding as the Columbia.....

and no multichannel... :eek:

99% sure that they're probably identical - mixing, mastering and authoring in DSD is expensive and time consuming and I doubt Sony would ever go back and remaster a 5.1 mix - I don't think they've ever done that, in fact.

Energy - Fourplay (Hybrid MultiCh SACD).

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    76.2 KB · Views: 132
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back