What's the latest Multichannel SACD or DVD-A added to your pile? - Vol 1 (CLOSED)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Great disc, fredblue! Excellent sonics, music and mix!

I was listening to Florent Pagny's "Ailleurs Land" again the other day and though I've had it for a while, I thought I'd throw the title out here for people to take note. I love this disc, the sonics and music are fantastic. He has a great voice and the songs are all pop-rock at its finest. It was a totally random find (somebody had it on a list on amazon). Oh, and regarding the mix: it's okay. Not excellent, but always enveloping and immersive. I really recommend the album, no matter if you understand French or not.

thanks The Bright Side :) it's one I've had on my "to get list"/back burner for years.. but there's always been something else I wanted more to deplete my finances!

when I got a 2nd chance offer of it new/sealed cheap on eBay last week (either the first buyer pulled out, or the seller had multiples?) I thought 'what the heck!" and went for it. looking forward to hearing it now! :)

what format is the Florent Pagny disc you recommend?

thanks The Bright Side :) it's one I've had on my "to get list"/back burner for years.. but there's always been something else I wanted more to deplete my finances!

when I got a 2nd chance offer of it new/sealed cheap on eBay last week (either the first buyer pulled out, or the seller had multiples?) I thought 'what the heck!" and went for it. looking forward to hearing it now! :)

what format is the Florent Pagny disc you recommend?

That's on SACD. Available here: http://www.amazon.fr/Ailleurs-Land-...OKOE/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1346332592&sr=8-2

Probably other amazon sites as well, or eBay. Quite possible you'll find it cheaper.

Continuum - Jazz 'N' Spirit (M/C SACD).

Curious as to how this one sounds in surround.

the back cover blurb mentions it has a 2+2+2 mix, as well as 5.1 mix..

how I'm going to work that one out, I don't know.. but it could be fun trying (or a load of pointless hassle!? Ha!).

ELP - ELP (DVDA)
Tarkus - ELP (DVDA)*

*The pressing with the "Unknown Ballad" is still on sale at HMV Oxford Street (£10 - and it's sealed! woo!) .. just a tip for any London QQ-ers who want to pick it up and be sure of getting the 1st run press with that track.

BT - Music from and inspired by the film Monster - CD/DVD-V DTS - I like how the DVD is disc 1 and the CD is disc 2....

It was only $3.99 and I kept the gold slipcase and SA-CD tray. :)

ah! great idea! I can get some cheapo's and cannibalise the slipcases, stickers and stuff and put good SACDs in them!
(why I'd never thought of it...)

no good for the 1st pressed Sony's with the paper slips of course.. but I do like those shiny gold jobbies! :D

David Alan - Self Titled (DVD-Audio)

Another one of DTS Entertainments' "newer" (as of 10+ years ago) artists that's always v.cheap,
so I caved in and bought it "blind".

We'll see.. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back