What's the latest Multichannel SACD or DVD-A added to your pile? - Vol 1 (CLOSED)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Shaggy - Lucky Day (SACD)
Irmin Schmidt & Kumo - Axolotl Eyes (DTS-DVD)

The next one is a stereo only DVD-A

Neil Young - On The Beach (DVD-A)
I got an original disk missing all artwork (Ok, it was just EUR 10).

Does somebody here have a scan of front and back covers of the DVD-Audio so I can restaurate it to some degree?

Markus

Last edited:
Nice one. I really like this.

I gave it a quick spin last night. it's a great album, mix is inconsistent..

first up, i must mention the lead vocals, which are gorgeous - as crystal clear and beautifully detailed as I've ever heard Moloko's lead singer Roisin Murphy.

one or two things really pan wildly (there was one all round the room panning & ping-ponging thing which was very cool..!) but there is also a fair bit of ambience & double stereo, which to be fair does suit the music in a way as it is fairly full-on at times.

there were one or two instances where I felt maybe little effects and suchlike could have been steered to the rears possibly to make it a bit cleaner & slightly less chaotic upfront but I really need to give it a few more listens to really take everything in.

is there a Hi-Rez Poll on here for this?

it doesn't seem to get a lot of attention but I've personally been looking for it for ages as I love Moloko.

it finally came up on the bay for £24 last week, so I jumped on it.

there's two copies floating about on eBay right now for £29, which also seems reasonable at this stage of the game.

PM on the way...

Thanks for the quick help!

Since you asked for

I wrongly stated this is an SACD. It just comes in a SACD case. Actually it is a stereo CD with very nice modern music (I think it is related to Can, while I never heard something from this group - shame on me) plus a DTS-DVD with a sound installation. I hoped to get the CD music in 5.1. But the DVD contains 1 hour and 52 minutes in sound and vision that can e.g. be played in a club as background entertainment. I just took a short look at my PC and I'm not sure if I like it or it is boring. The CD on the other hand has some very interesting electronic tracks and plays in a loop the whole morning. Since I got the package below 10 Euro I definitely think it is a winner.

Markus

Thanks for the quick help!

Since you asked for

I wrongly stated this is an SACD. It just comes in a SACD case. Actually it is a stereo CD with very nice modern music (I think it is related to Can, while I never heard something from this group - shame on me) plus a DTS-DVD with a sound installation. I hoped to get the CD music in 5.1. But the DVD contains 1 hour and 52 minutes in sound and vision that can e.g. be played in a club as background entertainment. I just took a short look at my PC and I'm not sure if I like it or it is boring. The CD on the other hand has some very interesting electronic tracks and plays in a loop the whole morning. Since I got the package below 10 Euro I definitely think it is a winner.

Markus

funnily enough, I got that Irmin Schmidt CD DVD set too, just last week.

I've not got round to hearing it yet but it sounds like maybe it's another dud from what you are saying Markus?

I got it for about the same price as you, maybe bit more, £8 I think. I will have to play it today.. but so much to get through!

I've got "Surrounded" by Tipper DVD-A on at the mo -- to anyone who doesn't already have it and loves great 5.1 mixes (hopefully thats everyone here!?) it is absolutely AMAZING!

I've got "Surrounded" by Tipper DVD-A on at the mo -- to anyone who doesn't already have it and loves great 5.1 mixes (hopefully thats everyone here!?) it is absolutely AMAZING!

I've got the Tipper one on Dualdisc - recommended by me (if you are into electronic)..

Depeche Mode - Sounds of the Universe - CD/DVD DTS - Late adopter on this one.. I have all the DM surround studio albums now (y)

Reggae Master - Bob Marley DVD-A/CD Drool Disc Silverline Quasi-Quad, but for $7.99 SEALED at FYE, why not?
515wy4E-xHL._SL500_SS500_.jpg

Reggae Master - Bob Marley DVD-A/CD Drool Disc Silverline Quasi-Quad, but for $7.99 SEALED at FYE, why not?
View attachment 7078

well when you've got everything else in quad and 5.1, what is there left to get unless it's new (not too much there!) or old Silverline toot..!? ;) ;)

is this the same tracklisting as the DVDA "Soul Rebels"..?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back