What's the latest Multichannel SACD or DVD-A added to your pile? - Vol 1 (CLOSED)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wake - Sheila Nicholls (DVD-Audio),
Passion Dance - Herb Alpert (DTS),
Twentysomething - Jamie Cullum (Hybrid M/C SACD)*

The Sheila Nicholls I got primarily for her cover of "Love Song" but I'm looking forward to hearing how the 5.1 is on the album as a whole.. and as for the Herbie goes Mananas, I've had my eye on it for years but thought I better get it while its still cheap and seeing as there's not much else around that interests me now, what the 'eck!

* As for the JC, its another duplicate, of sorts, as I've had the (seemingly rarer/more pricey now, UPC - 06024 9866322) Twentysomething UK/Euro SACD for years now - the one with Jamie in a dark suit jacket, jeans and cute little blue sneakers sitting in a white room by a white painted door, with blue block capital logotype on the left... so it was great to find the USA issue SACD at a decent price here in the UK and in immaculate condition (UPC - B0002534-36) with the same artwork as the DualDisc, i.e. the cover with Jamie in a black leather bomber jacket jumping up in the air over his black piano against a deep blue sky!

Damn this SACD O.C.D...!! :mad:@:

Sheila Nichols disc is very good i have said it before but i dont think i have a bad DTS DVDA. i bought as it was available and cheap and for no other reason and was plensantly surprised by how good it was.

Kompendium - Beneath the Waves DVDA
Magenta - The Chameleon Project Dolby Digital (amazing music and mix, but sounds kinda dull)
Magenta - Seven Dolby Digital

Wake - Sheila Nicholls (DVD-Audio),
Passion Dance - Herb Alpert (DTS),
Twentysomething - Jamie Cullum (Hybrid M/C SACD)*

The Sheila Nicholls I got primarily for her cover of "Love Song" but I'm looking forward to hearing how the 5.1 is on the album as a whole.. and as for the Herbie goes Mananas, I've had my eye on it for years but thought I better get it while its still cheap and seeing as there's not much else around that interests me now, what the 'eck!

* As for the JC, its another duplicate, of sorts, as I've had the (seemingly rarer/more pricey now, UPC - 06024 9866322) Twentysomething UK/Euro SACD for years now - the one with Jamie in a dark suit jacket, jeans and cute little blue sneakers sitting in a white room by a white painted door, with blue block capital logotype on the left... so it was great to find the USA issue SACD at a decent price here in the UK and in immaculate condition (UPC - B0002534-36) with the same artwork as the DualDisc, i.e. the cover with Jamie in a black leather bomber jacket jumping up in the air over his black piano against a deep blue sky!

Damn this SACD O.C.D...!! :mad:@:

Oh! I just realised! There's more than just the cover art that separates the different Jamie Cullum "Twentysomething" releases!

The UK SACD has "Old Devil Moon" in 5.1 whereas the US SACD has "High & Dry" in Surround instead.. plus the US disc has a stereo only bonus track, "Frontin'".. Woo! :D

Jeez there have been so many lately. Ray Sings, Bassie Swings SACD, Elton John, GYBR SACD, Elton John self titled SACD, Yes Close to the Edge (ordered), Aaron Neville, Nature Boy DVD Audio, plus a couple of nice DTS CDs/DVDs which I consider excellent. Genesis Trick of the Tail, and for Christmas (Peter Gabriel, Play. The Peter Gabriel DVD is excellent.)

Found at the local Half Price Books for $10.00

8306826832_6c05ae3b8e.jpg

Snowhead - 35th Anniversary Ultra Deluxe Box audio-only DVD-V. Yes, it's advanced res, but only in stereo. The 5.1 is DTS. Sounds brickwalled, perhaps to make up for less bottom than the SACD 5.1. Of course, my SACD sounds better, and it is the same mix. I bought this for the Hammersmith Odeon and outtakes. How could I go wrong for $25!! Thanks, amazon.ca. If you don't have the SACD, you can make due with the DVD-V 5.1.
View attachment 8595

this box-set @ $25 no brainer. we got more than we can bargain for.
not yet listened LP and DTS stream but rest, including CDs sounds well.
in fact i like this live concert, wish they did it in surround or at least HiRez on DVD.

A nice one. Is Propaganda well known and still remembered outside Germany?

Markus

I don't really know if they are now Markus, I kind of doubt it.. the general music scene here probably has no clue about them now, more's the pity!

still, its an SACD I didn't buy when they were still cheap and easy to get.. and it's been on my sa-cd.net wish list ever since the prices started to go up.. the usual story.. blah blah!! so I'm happy to have found it at last for not a complete arm and a leg.. and look forward to hearing it, hopefully tonight! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back