xPropaganda / The Heart Is Strange SDE-exclusive Blu Ray Audio - Stephen Lipson Atmos Mix

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For those who thought 2000 copies werent enough.....we bring you 1000 copies.

Can they even make money only selling 1000?
Im not familiar with this artist so I dont know what the demand may be.

For those who thought 2000 copies werent enough.....we bring you 1000 copies.

Can they even make money only selling 1000?
Im not familiar with this artist so I dont know what the demand may be.
Hopefully if the early series releases continue sell out quickly, it will be a proof of concept to the labels and they will allow a higher limit on later releases in the series.

If it is the same band, I swear I have two of their songs on a mix tape I made focused on the movie "Some Kind of Wonderful". If memory serves, they were the next "it" synth band that "wasn't". Label issues too?

What the hell, I am in if it will help SDE truly get some kind Surround Series going. I'll use some of the $350 I am not spending on the Moving Pictures box ( but will I need that kind of bank for Who's Next? ) ;)

I tried to buy the bundle with the 2CD edition, but it returned "sold out" after entering my payment info (PayPal). Switched to just the Blu-ray and it went through. I'll just pick up the CD release elsewhere.

took the chance..
love Propaganda... even had the ACT cd which is Claudia Brucken...
Had the "remix" album "Wishful Thinking" for FOREVER and prolly listened to it more than " A Secret Wish".. was VERY pleasantly surprised when I joined the QQ ranks and found out there was a VERY GOOD MCH mix for ASW

took the chance..
love Propaganda... even had the ACT cd which is Claudia Brucken...
Had the "remix" album "Wishful Thinking" for FOREVER and prolly listened to it more than " A Secret Wish".. was VERY pleasantly surprised when I joined the QQ ranks and found out there was a VERY GOOD MCH mix for ASW

Knowing you Kap, you can never say "Nein' to a pretty face .... much less two of them!

I tried to buy the bundle with the 2CD edition, but it returned "sold out" after entering my payment info (PayPal). Switched to just the Blu-ray and it went through. I'll just pick up the CD release elsewhere.

From SDE

Paul Sinclair

Between both. Bundle has sold out now anyway because we are sold out of the 2CD and can’t get any more.

I wonder about the value of limiting these two issues to 1000 copies of the BluRay. The fact that they sell out within hours indicates there is a large audience for them, and unless you sleep with the SDE web page open on the pillow beside you, you have bugger -all chance of buying a copy. So with the time delay, if you are ensconced on the other side of the planet, don't hold your breath. It is a misguided and mean marketing policy. Lift your game all concerned.

I wonder about the value of limiting these two issues to 1000 copies of the BluRay. The fact that they sell out within hours indicates there is a large audience for them, and unless you sleep with the SDE web page open on the pillow beside you, you have bugger -all chance of buying a copy. So with the time delay, if you are ensconced on the other side of the planet, don't hold your breath. It is a misguided and mean marketing policy. Lift your game all concerned.
Would make more sense if they would say: a mimimum of x copies, and if more pre-orders are in , more copies will be pressed. Regardless, the SDE Surround Series is a great initiative and well worth supporting.

Last edited:

Isn't the whole idea of a "limited edition" is that there are a limited number of them? Or, given that this is a spin of from a (bluntly) obscure band from the 1980s, then I can understand why SDE would be cautious. All this indicates is that they were able to sell 1000 of them. I mean, like it or lump it, Atmos releases on blu-ray have a fairly niche appeal. I may be wrong, but I read that the XTC blu-ray releases only had a run of 5000, and XTC are a matter of degrees more widely known than Propaganda. I'd also be sceptical that everyone who is buying this is "actually" an Atmos user, or even aware of surround sound, as seems just as likely that there are completists who have to have it and, well, scalpers, who'll resell it on ebay when the opportunity arises. I think the approach of selling out a limited run from a small independent makes more sense, than pressing more (making it less limited and therefore reducing it's desirability) and having stock growing dusty on a shelf. We also don't know if as part of the conditions attached to this release was a stipulation of limited numbers. But who knows.

Propaganda may have less name recognition in the U.S. but were huge in Europe.
I , like many would have got this for the 5.1. not the atmos.
It remains an odd business model to serve the potential market. I don’t think there are too many deluxe sets of Euro bands, given they are usually excellent value, collecting dust on a shelf.

Back