Steven Wilson XTC - The Big Express (Steven Wilson Surround mixes coming in September!)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is great, although I am curious of what ever happened to Apple Venus Volume 1 that was announced back in 2021.. I think i'm in the minority that prefers their later stuff, so I'm pretty bummed and confused not hearing anything about that. Either way I'm still very glad this series is continuing and I'll definitely pick it up.

This is great, although I am curious of what ever happened to Apple Venus Volume 1 that was announced back in 2021.. I think i'm in the minority that prefers their later stuff, so I'm pretty bummed and confused not hearing anything about that. Either way I'm still very glad this series is continuing and I'll definitely pick it up.
I'm with you. But it was revealed a while back (in an interview with Steven Wilson by @sjcorne) that some key tracks for Apple Venus could not be found after all. Not sure whether Andy or SW have considered the possibility of stem separation technology.

I'm with you. But it was revealed a while back (in an interview with Steven Wilson by @sjcorne) that some key tracks for Apple Venus could not be found after all. Not sure whether Andy or SW have considered the possibility of stem separation technology.
Aw, bummer!! I didn't see that in the Apple Venus thread here, and I must have missed it (or forgot!) when I read the interview. Seems like stem seperation might help, but I reckon theyre just going to hold onto it until they (hopefully) find the rest. This recent news is definitely a very good sign for the rest of the series, the fact that they're still able to find more multitracks bodes very well. 🤞

Ooooh, fantastic news indeed! I had pretty much resigned myself to the series being over, especially after they jumped the gun and announced Apple Venus without being 100% certain that they had all of the multitracks in place.

I'm not a huge fan of the production on The Big Express, but my expectations are that Steven Wilson will mitigate the worst of it and open up the album in a way that elevates my opinion of it significantly, as he did with Oranges & Lemons.

Just to verify for myself I asked a Facebook friend that knows Andy Partridge and he confirmed that the multi tracks were found Steven Wilson is working on it but wasn’t aware of a timeframe for release. For what it’s worth!

Can I assume that English Settlement is a no-go for multitracks?
I thought they found the multitracks except for the singles and they were waiting to see if those could be found before proceeding. This series has been a long journey though so I could be remembering wrong.

Atmos mix of main album & 3 b-sides seemingly confirmed by L Acoustics' instagram page :)

XTC Insta Post.jpg

https://pitchblackplayback.com/prod...tions-westlake-village-los-angeles-california

I always liked Big Express - some really fine songs on it. Happy that this one looks to be a reality finally!

Back