ELP Emerson Lake & Palmer Cataloge in 5.1 Surround

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is it me or does the voice on "Unknown Ballad" NOT sound like Greg Lake? Maybe my computer speakers are not too good but if that IS Greg Lake I would be surprised.

As I said in my first post on the amazon mp3, I also believe that isn't Greg singing on Unknown Ballad, but instead it's Keith. Could be just a standard piano and vocal demo. Who knows?

As I said in my first post on the amazon mp3, I also believe that isn't Greg singing on Unknown Ballad, but instead it's Keith. Could be just a standard piano and vocal demo. Who knows?

Doesn't sound like Keith but I don't recall ever hearing Keith sing that far back.

Doesn't sound like Keith but I don't recall ever hearing Keith sing that far back.

I don't what Keith sounds like, as I've never heard him sing with the group, but I'd be hard-pressed to believe it's Carl Palmer singing. Whoever it is sounds pretty good, but they're no Greg Lake. :)

Hello all,

Just felt the need to clarify something about the postage charges.

1) We charge Royal Mail prices & it's all based on weight - we have to do that because unlike some online retailers we pay full whack for what we buy (not cutting bands/labels to the bone just to "up their numbers") and in many cases we voluntarily pay artists a royalty on top of that too. This means we don't make a killing on the prices we charge.

2) If you order a few titles that are on pre-order you get charged for each item shipping individually. Different titles and even different versions of the same thing can come in to us on different days so separate mailing is the only way. That's just on pre-orders though - wait until whatever you're after is on general sale and the cost will come down as we can combine shipping. We use "pre-orders" as a gauge but always buy in more so you won't lose out!

Any questions about this or anything at all? Please always feel free to email me on [email protected] and if I can't answer I'll find someone who can ;~)

Have a lovely day,

Lisa

not impressed.jpeg

LOL

What's your point, George?
Lisa was only trying to explain the postal charges, which are extortion in the UK right now - not Burning SHed's fault.

Good one Lisa. I don't know the circumstances behind that young lady's expression but it definitely conveys "not impressed." The US news commentators are getting a lot of mileage out of that picture in conjunction with daily events. My point, Neil, is regarding the second paragraph of Lisa's original post where Lisa describes Burning Shed's policy about charging pre-orders separately for shipping while combining shipping charges for later orders. I suppose Burning Shed has determined their customers desire this arrangement. Sure seems like an unnecessary expense from a customer's perspective.

Great Olympic Games by the way. You folks did a wonderful job at hosting the world.

I am more concerned with prompt shipping and transit time than with the actual shipping charges. I currently have Tarkus on pre-order from 3 different sellers, two US and one UK and the first ELP album pre-ordered from 2 sellers, one US and one UK. And I'll bet I STILL will be the last one on here to have it in my hands.
I will probably accept all of these orders. Nothing better than having an extra sealed copy laying around!

I am more concerned with prompt shipping and transit time than with the actual shipping charges. I currently have Tarkus on pre-order from 3 different sellers, two US and one UK and the first ELP album pre-ordered from 2 sellers, one US and one UK. And I'll bet I STILL will be the last one on here to have it in my hands.
I will probably accept all of these orders. Nothing better than having an extra sealed copy laying around!

HEY KEITH, are you reading this ? guess who is your biggest fan!!!

If everyone is wondering about the vocals (as I am) on "Unknown Ballad",
this sounds like it could be from Greg's solo album with Gary Moore. WTF?

I'm still a little confused about the 5.1 discs for the ELP and Tarkus from Sony. If you look on Amazon.com at the back cover of the Sony sets (the pictures of the back covers where you can enlarge them) it describes the 5.1 disc as "Disc 3: DVD (Audio Only) New 2012 5.1 Mix". A look at the Razor & Tie version of ELP & Tarkus states under the "Track Listings" for the 5.1 on each 5.1 track on Disc 3 "(DVD Audio New 2012 5.1 Mix)".
Since Sony, as far as I know, has never released 5.1 in DVD Audio, only their own SACD format, could it be that their versions are only Dolby Digital or DTS?

Maybe Neil Wilkes could answer this: could Sony have converted the DVD Audio Tracks supplied by Opus Productions to DD or DTS?
I just want to be sure which version I should order.

Thanks.

In the US and Canada, ELP are currently licensed to Razor & Tie, which is pressed by Sony, but is an independent company. In effect, this sets no precedent whatsoever for Sony introducing DVD-A titles.

Thanks Linda, I guess I'll order the Razor & Tie sets from Amazon.com and save about $12.00.

could Sony have converted the DVD Audio Tracks supplied by Opus Productions to DD or DTS?
Neil stated that Opus had sent 2 masters as DVD-Audio. to do so, Sony should re-author both projects with another
authoring house, which wouldn't make any sense.

Hi George,

I'm afraid sending pre-orders separately is the only way we can do things without letting ourselves fall into the realms of packing disasters!

Please bear in mind that we're dealing with hundreds, or often thousands, of pre-orders for any one title and unlike MegaCorps we pick and pack everything by hand - checking sleeves and cases etc on the way.

To combine shipping on pre-orders would mean asking our system to hold over not only order details but also stock of titles that are already out or out at different times. We prefer to try to get pre-orders out for release dates rather than have, say 2,500 orders that all need to go out simultaneously containing any of 3,000 titles we stock. With all the will in the world even the lovely Shed packers would have trouble dealing with that!

So, sorry, but we prefer to give the personal touch to every single thing we send - I'm afraid that means sending pre-order titles individually and separately.

You can always wait until something you want is on general release to combine it with anything else.

Thanks,

Lisa

I'm still a little confused about the 5.1 discs for the ELP and Tarkus from Sony. If you look on Amazon.com at the back cover of the Sony sets (the pictures of the back covers where you can enlarge them) it describes the 5.1 disc as "Disc 3: DVD (Audio Only) New 2012 5.1 Mix". A look at the Razor & Tie version of ELP & Tarkus states under the "Track Listings" for the 5.1 on each 5.1 track on Disc 3 "(DVD Audio New 2012 5.1 Mix)".
Since Sony, as far as I know, has never released 5.1 in DVD Audio, only their own SACD format, could it be that their versions are only Dolby Digital or DTS?

Maybe Neil Wilkes could answer this: could Sony have converted the DVD Audio Tracks supplied by Opus Productions to DD or DTS?
I just want to be sure which version I should order.

Thanks.

pretty sure that Sony released the Foo Fighters' "In Your Honor" DualDisc set,
with the 5.1 Elliot Scheiner mix on the DVD side of Disc 2 being in 24-bit/96k MLP DVD-Audio.

https://www.quadraphonicquad.com/fo...1-Foo-Fighters-IN-YOUR-HONOR-DVD-A-(DualDisc)

In the US and Canada, ELP are currently licensed to Razor & Tie, which is pressed by Sony, but is an independent company. In effect, this sets no precedent whatsoever for Sony introducing DVD-A titles.

Here in the U.K. these are definitely Sony Music/Sony Legacy releases, so if they do appear as true Adv.Res DVD-A (and not a DualDisc CD/DVD-A single disc, like The Foo Fighters I just mentioned) this will make for a first, true, non DualDisc, DVD-Audio disc from Sony.

Take a look at the rear cover on the Amazon UK listing and you'll see the Sony logo.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Tarkus-Lake-Palmer-Emerson/dp/B007Q4Y9HS/ref=pd_sim_m_h__1

Okay, for the last time, let me try to set the record straight here.
1. We authored both these titles to DVD-A/V hybrid discs.
2 - We supplied 2 sets of Masters
3 - Both these masters carry the Sony Music splash as first play item.
4 - I susopect the 2 masters supplied are for 2 separate territories, so the US gets a master & the EU gets a master.
They are both the same.
5 - It matters not what the imprint is, unless you are a completist and want both imprints, as the content is identical, IE MLP Lossless 5.1/2.0, DTS 5.1, LPCM stereo 24/48.
You can access both MLP & the DTS streams from the Audio Manager, but not the LPCM stream as I felt it was pointless (duplicated in the MLP Stereo)
6 - Yes, they are genuine DVD-A/V titles thanks mainly to Steven and also to Lisa at Sony (ELP is "her" act, and she made the final call on releasing these as DVD-A/V).
7 - This is not the same as Lisa from Burning Shed.
8 - This is the final time I am going to try to explain this as it is admittedly difficult to accept with the histories involved & the massive number of misleading releases.
These are the real thing though, no matter if you have the Sony Music imprint or the Razor & Tie imprint.

Back