Rush - A Farewell to Kings 40th anniversary box set (Steven Wilson 5.1 mix included)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had a reply from my e-mail asking if they're gonna do a stand-alone BD. To paraphrase:

They've received no info about a stand-alone BD but will forward my request (to whom, I don't know).

Better than an outright "no". In my job, I've dealt with marketing departments from all around the world and my experience has been that if enough people complain, they might relent (more often than not I've found).

If there were more expressions of interest of a stand-alone BD from interested parties such as ourselves, it could be a possibility.

Am I a huge Rush fan? Yes, but I won’t be spending my money on this deluxe box. Don’t want the vinyl, cover versions of songs or the trinkets. I would pick up a stand alone BD but won’t sweat it since the previous surround BD is good enough. I may be one of the few but I love the cover and may pick up the CD version just for that. You’d really have to be a collector or, a.....(fill in the blank here) to consider the deluxe edition.

I had a reply from my e-mail asking if they're gonna do a stand-alone BD. To paraphrase:

They've received no info about a stand-alone BD but will forward my request (to whom, I don't know).

Better than an outright "no". In my job, I've dealt with marketing departments from all around the world and my experience has been that if enough people complain, they might relent (more often than not I've found).

If there were more expressions of interest of a stand-alone BD from interested parties such as ourselves, it could be a possibility.
Thanks Tim. Where did ypu ask this question? If more people start asking it will be good when e use the same channel.

I want Fly By Night through Counterparts. Not asking for too much, right? :)
Since you got Counterparts in my head, I decided to spin it in my car yesterday (and maybe longer - I haven't hit eject yet).
Reminds me that this is hands down the best sounding Rush album there is.
Original pressing is best, but the remasters are ok.
Kevin "The Caveman" Shirely surely knew what the hell he was doing.
A few weak tracks, but some very strong ones too.
I've said it a billion times, but NO Rush album has benefited from being CD length. There is a certain quality control that comes from keeping an album to 40 min or so.
Anyway, if you want to hear how good Rush can get sonically, Counterparts is it.
Incidentally, it was my first "new" Rush release...

Sent from my TA-1025 using Tapatalk

I love the two discs Counterparts and Hold Your Fire, probably my head was into Rush at the time of those releases.
I always thought the drum line intro Counterparts, Track 1 Animate and Pearl Jam's, vs. Track 1 Go, reminded me as the same intro drum line.

Amazon is going to charge you tax aren't they...do yourself a favor...put Farewell in the shopping cart on importcds...and leave it in there for awhile.....maybe you might draw a $5.00 discount...I did(y)

Is there any special trick? Leave the browser window open, close it, do the hokey-pokey, etc?
And just to recap, do they do free shipping? Or cheap, at least? I wonder if they'll do tax to CA...
If I go for importcds, is bullmoose good about cancellations?

Is there any special trick? Leave the browser window open, close it, do the hokey-pokey, etc?
And just to recap, do they do free shipping? Or cheap, at least? I wonder if they'll do tax to CA...
If I go for importcds, is bullmoose good about cancellations?

Quoting myself! Yes, tax to CA and $3 to ship. If they give me a $5 discount it would bring it down to $115 for me, shipped.

Sent them an email asking for a standalone BD...
Please do so yourself if you are interested, maybe they'll change their minds....

My email:

Dear SRO,

First of all, as a long-time Rush fan and a surround sound enthusiast, thank you for teaming up with Steven Wilson to do a Rush remix. I am personally interested in any Rush album in surround.

Second, I have ordered the AFtK Super Deluxe, simply so I can own the Steven Wilson 5.1 mix.
IMO, this is a waste because some fan who would have liked the vinyl won't ever get to spin it. It will just be sitting on my shelf unplayed. Likewise, some fan who would have loved the blu-ray won't get to hear it because it will be on the shelf of someone who doesn't listen to blu-rays, but who spins vinyl!

There are those out there who want it all, sure. But could you please create an optical only package, without the vinyl? And bring the price down a bit for those who are primarily interested in the 5.1?

Even if you produce and release a cheaper version of this set with the 5.1 mix, I will keep my Super Deluxe order. I believe in supporting the Rush and Steven Wilson collaboration. Again, I will support any Rush in surround.

At the very least, once the Super Deluxe has sold out, please release the hi-res 5.1 on it's own?

It may go without saying, but please, please, please do Hemispheres and Permanent Waves, at the very least.

I also don't understand why you didn't put out Vapor Trails in 5.1 when David Bottrill did the stereo remix of the album from the multis. All those dense layers - Vapor Trails is meant for 5.1.

Again, thank you, thank you, thank you,

Mike

My email:

Let me give you some advice(of the constructive nature)about requesting things from someone in the music business....just try to resolve one issue at a time in each contact(email)...mentioning Hemispheres and Permanent Waves is overkill(one battle at a time) and brings the attention AWAY from the standalone blu ray request...and questioning their judgement on the Vapor Trails release isn't exactly the "tone" of this conversation that you want to convey...and last...but not the least...telling them that you ordered the box set just to get the blu ray just makes their decision look valid...and doesn't really help your case for a standalone blu ray...again...just giving you an objective opinion...I have some experience in this area...and as you are well aware...you are one of my favorite posters on here so the advice is friendly:)

Let me give you some advice(of the constructive nature)about requesting things from someone in the music business....just try to resolve one issue at a time in each contact(email)...mentioning Hemispheres and Permanent Waves is overkill(one battle at a time) and brings the attention AWAY from the standalone blu ray request...and questioning their judgement on the Vapor Trails release isn't exactly the "tone" of this conversation that you want to convey...and last...but not the least...telling them that you ordered the box set just to get the blu ray just makes their decision look valid...and doesn't really help your case for a standalone blu ray...again...just giving you an objective opinion...I have some experience in this area...and as you are well aware...you are one of my favorite posters on here so the advice is friendly:)

If everyone else does that, we'll be ok! :confused::mad:@:

Back