Rush - A Farewell to Kings 40th anniversary box set (Steven Wilson 5.1 mix included)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Order of the Arrow Ordeal requires complete silence throughout the initiation.
And yes, those were great times.

Yes, it does -- I should know . . . however, I got a notch on my stick when an older scout tricked me :howl but those days of youth are full of a soundtrack of Rush, KC, Genesis, and all these SURROUND bands that we all love!

See how I brought it back to Rush? :)

Clint! My long lost Webelo\Order of the Arrow Brutha, but I think you may have confused Webelos(Cub Scouts) with Order of the Arrow(Boy Scouts). ;)
The Order of the Arrow Ordeal requires complete silence throughout the initiation.
And yes, those were great times.

No confusion...yes it was for Cub Scouts but the Boy Scouts were in attendance:)

ImportCD has a storewide 10% off. So, I am now buying this title from them....sorry Moose...

Even with expedited shipping and tax, the total out the door is $109.51
That beats my current order via Moose for $134.96

ImportCD has a storewide 10% off. So, I am now buying this title from them....sorry Moose...

Even with expedited shipping and tax, the total out the door is $109.51
That beats my current order via Moose for $134.96

I just did the same. Even with this being the lowest price so far, I'm not happy about the price tag..... But it's Steven Wilson mixing Rush into 5.1, resistance is futile.... :yikes

Item status is "backordered". Any chance of getting screwed?

I admit, ImportCD loves to use the backordered tag. My Bruford was "backordered" and it came in similar to the Shed. Yeah.....I haven't cancelled my Moose order yet......I have a little time.

I'd like to think all will be OK.

For those looking at the price...here is the latest deal...importcds price is $108.99...and because of its weight they add $2.99 shipping...and NOW there is a promo code that will get you 10% off...so if you aren't in one of the states that charges tax you could get this release for $108.99 +$2.99-$10.90(promo code discount)which would equal $101.99...the promo code is TAKE10....CHECK IT OUT

I admit, ImportCD loves to use the backordered tag. My Bruford was "backordered" and it came in similar to the Shed. Yeah.....I haven't cancelled my Moose order yet......I have a little time.

I'd like to think all will be OK.

I know this backorder status is confusing...the way I understand it is that anything that is not physically in the warehouse gets the backorder status...but if you order it in the pre-order stage you should be fine...I have never been "shut out" when I pre ordered something from them...but it is confusing when it says pre order on the website and then the invoice you get says backordered...but keep in mind that is the warehouse designation...

I've never been let down by ImportCDs either when I've pre-ordered AF SACDs, they've sent them later than a lot of other websites, but they've always got them.

I know this backorder status is confusing...the way I understand it is that anything that is not physically in the warehouse gets the backorder status...but if you order it in the pre-order stage you should be fine...I have never been "shut out" when I pre ordered something from them...but it is confusing when it says pre order on the website and then the invoice you get says backordered...but keep in mind that is the warehouse designation...

Our friend Mike Mettler has an advance copy of the "Farewell to Kings" box set and posted this image of the Blu-Ray menu on his Facebook:
23434738_10155228236738178_4845146089512122152_n.jpg

Two things intrigue me, which I have asked him about:
1) There is an asterisk by "Xanadu" saying "stereo & 5.1 will not sync", so that makes me wonder if Steven Wilson's 5.1 mix is longer than the original stereo mix
2) The menu also says "Visuals (album only)" so I wonder what kind of visuals are on the disc.

This is so exciting!

:)

I just want to mention this to those that aren't getting the box set.....due to the price....there is another option...if you notice on the Sgt. Peppers thread...several members have gotten used sets from amazon in the $60 range...there are still some left HERE...the point is the same thing will happen with the Farewell set...it always does on amazon...now it might take 6 months for the right deal to come along...but so what...you can get the blu ray...plus the rest of the set...and when it states FULFILLMENT BY AMAZON...that means you can return it if it's not in good shape...AND amazon will pay the return postage...so if you can wait it out...you can get the blu ray you want within your budget parameters..

Back