Rush - A Farewell to Kings 40th anniversary box set (Steven Wilson 5.1 mix included)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So, how do you contact Amazon with complaints? I don't want to call them....not in the mood. Now they say my order will arrive Tuesday. I'm effing pissed. That is horse shit. I dropped another provider to get the damn thing faster and they messed it up. OK, UPS messed it up, but I don't care. They chose UPS to ship it and now it's several days late. That's not my problem. I will raise hell. I give them way too much money to tolerate this. I took the day off work in anticipation of getting this. I don't want some $100 item sitting on my front porch in the weather. Sorry.....I have that right.
I find the most effective and expeditious means to communicate is to open a chat session through customer service. This is especially quick if there is any damage. My box had damage to the corner. Not significant, but disappointing. Same thing happened with the Sgt Pepper box. The shipment packaging is not the problem, rather these dings are obviously occurring before they ship. They will ask to choose between return for refund or replacement. I always suggest a discount. They give it without question. Received $26.22. Suggest you ask for a discount based on the delay in delivery. Try that with ImportCDS! By the way, as always, Steven Wilson hits a home run. Discrete and crankable...

Gee, I got home about a half hour ago and there was an Amazon box for me, must weigh over 5lbs, wonder what it is? I’m gonna get some alcohol in me before I open.

I love packaging and this is maybe the most elaborate box set I have ever seen. They have an MP4 download card hidden in one of the LP sleeves. The 5.1 disc is its lonely little paper sleeve. Gives me the impression the descion makers set the whole thing up for the surround heads to grab the one disc and now can resell the whole box with no interference to the box set itself.

One little note of constructive criticism... I wish they would put the album title on the spine of the box so you could line up the boxes the way you would vinyl lps on the shelf (the only identification is on the front and back)... like the Sgt Pepper box.
Nice heavy-duty box, though!

All Snood can say is that the box set is impressive :yikes

But man oh man can you imagine Steven Wilson Box Sets of 2112, Hemispheres, Permanent Waves and Moving Pictures :yikes:banana:

Snood would even go as far as Signals.........

Hopefully this will be just like the XTC lineage :worthy All Hail Steven Wilson & Rush :worthy

One little note of constructive criticism... I wish they would put the album title on the spine of the box so you could line up the boxes the way you would vinyl lps on the shelf (the only identification is on the front and back)... like the Sgt Pepper box.
Nice heavy-duty box, though!

Are you wearing the Ring tho lol:upthumb:bounce17

At least wear it when your son is away :mad:@:

Ugh.

Now expected December 2 - December 5
We're sorry your package is late
We're working to get your package back on track.
Please come back Wednesday if you still don't have it and we'll help you out.
Was expected today by 8PM

Cheez - call them - they will give you credit or amazon bucks ask for 20 - especially if you are a Prime member.

I informed them of the delay on chat and they immediately offered a $20 credit. Thanks.

They should however train their support people not to make promises they can't keep. Check this out...

Please be assure that it will not happen again.We will personally take care of your future orders.We will take the ownership of your order and it will deliver to you safely on time.

First listen was pretty impressive for what I thought would be consistently muddy sounding tracks. Lots of usage of the surrounds. Cygnus X-1 is predictably fun.

Well...the record company should be happy by the early sales...importcds...deepdiscount...bullmoose...are all out of this box set...music direct has a note on their item description under availability...AWAITING REPRESS

Acoustic Sounds and Elusive Disc don't have them yet...

Freaking Tom Brady Fan.....even worse a Steeeeeler fan :howl :banana:

Mock the ring if you must; I too once walked down that road.

I am proudly wearing my ring as I rock this disc... fits perfectly!

On another note, I love how the surround disc is buried at the bottom of the entire set, like treasure!

Does anyone know if this will get a stand alone blu ray audio release like the Alan Parsons? I just can't afford these fantastic sets over 100.00. Thanks.

Back