Rush - A Farewell to Kings 40th anniversary box set (Steven Wilson 5.1 mix included)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just got a shipping notification from importcds! Guess they didn't cancel my order.
Interestingly, the price on the ship notification is $98.09. I wonder if that is the total charged to my card? :mad:@:

Guess who's getting two of these sets for Christmas!?

I just got a shipping notification from importcds! Guess they didn't cancel my order.
Interestingly, the price on the ship notification is $98.09. I wonder if that is the total charged to my card? :mad:@:

Guess who's getting two of these sets for Christmas!?

First thing...go to your credit card website and see what was actually charged...second thing...use the importcd form and explain to them that you had already cancelled this order and if it is too late to stop the shipment ask them if you can just refuse the package when it arrives......HERE

First thing...go to your credit card website and see what was actually charged...second thing...use the importcd form and explain to them that you had already cancelled this order and if it is too late to stop the shipment ask them if you can just refuse the package when it arrives......HERE

Good suggestions. Not sure what I'll do. I might be possible to make the money back on el :ebay
I might try that, rather than hassle importcds. They might have had trouble because there were two other items in my order I asked them not to cancel.

Good suggestions. Not sure what I'll do. I might be possible to make the money back on el :ebay
I might try that, rather than hassle importcds. They might have had trouble because there were two other items in my order I asked them not to cancel.

I see..so you only wanted 1 item taken off an order...I can see where that might be a problem..sounds easy on our end..but not so easy on their end...when you consider the volume of orders they process...I wouldn't count on getting your money back on ebay...not for this set...I would still submit that internal form on importcds... which I provided earlier... and explain the situation to them...if they can't stop the order then ask them for a return authorization number...scroll down to Returning an Item... and it explains the procedure HERE

amazon.com are preparing my order for shipment, along with “Eye in the Sky”!
If both come together in a single box, that’s gonna be a big box...
It’s also an expensive day for my credit card too...

:violin

Mine should arrive tomorrow from Burning Shed, who now seem to charge on shipment, which means things I think I've paid for a while back I haven't!

amazon.com are preparing my order for shipment, along with “Eye in the Sky”!
If both come together in a single box, that’s gonna be a big box...
It’s also an expensive day for my credit card too...

:violin

Same here RT :banana:

If I'm lucky mine will arrive tomorrow. If I'm even luckier the bad cold I seem to have caught will have diminished and I will be able to hear properly, everything is 'boomy' at the moment and I've been unable to listen to anything as a result :mad:

Any chance that one or more of us get one of these bad boys today?

Both "A Farewell To Kings" and "Black Sea" arrived today.

Minor bummer: I've become accustomed to immediately ripping everything I buy, and today the MakeMKV key expired! I guess I'll have to break down and listen to the blu-ray, old school!

I have to mention this: Both were preordered. "Black Sea" from Import CDs, and "AFTK" from Amazon. Released a week apart, both arrived today. It's a little maddening.

Anyway, I've got a busy evening ahead of me.

I'm only two tracks in, and I haven't recently listened to the Sector 5.1 mix so I can't compare, but I will say this:
1. The classical guitar at the very beginning is much cleaner, i.e., less noise.
2. There are many more discrete elements, particularly synthesizers and toms in the rear speakers (as Steven did throughout the "Stupid Dream" mixes).
3. Overall, it sounds more crisp, tigher, and more dynamic than previous versions.
4. It's NOT an ambient mix, but of course we wouldn't expect that from Steven Wilson.
5. The visuals are great!
6. Currently on "Closer to the Heart," and I never noticed those vibraslaps before!
7. Acoustic guitars all over the room in "Cinderella Man".

The fun has just begun.

I'm only two tracks in, and I haven't recently listened to the Sector 5.1 mix so I can't compare, but I will say this:
1. The classical guitar at the very beginning is much cleaner, i.e., less noise.
2. There are many more discrete elements, particularly synthesizers and toms (as Steven did throughout the "Stupid Dream" mixes).
3. Overall, it sounds more crisp, tigher, and more dynamic than previous versions.
4. It's NOT an ambient mix, but of course we wouldn't expect that from Steven Wilson.
5. The visuals are great!
6. Currently on "Closer to the Heart," and I never noticed those vibraslaps before!
7. Acoustic guitars all over the room in "Cinderella Man".

The fun has just begun.

OMFG. I have to wait 3 weeks to hear this... :((n):violin

I just finished my first time through, and I'm having a hard time understanding how an album that I've listened to for, well, around 40 years, can sound SO much better.

It is really f^&king amazing.

Thank you for your review! My set arrives tomorrow. It is a wonderful thing knowing I’m going to enjoy. Then again, Steven Wilson mixed it. That was why it was an automatic buy. One question concerning the mastering. How do you feel about the dynamic range? Crankable?

Back