Deluxe Edition of "Imagine" Coming Soon! (Remixed 5.1 and Remastered Quad audio)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The excellent book accompanying the deluxe box set is 120 pages long.
Interestingly, there is a 320 page “standard” hardcover edition shipping from Amazon on November 18...

Amazon is a bit of a mess, as usual, with different versions and editions.

In fact, tomorrow the 320-page book ships, priced at $31.45 with a coupon to cover sales tax.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/1538747154
I'm tempted, nearly pulled the trigger this morning.

I finally received my Copy today from AmazonUK [quicker than scheduled] and what a gorgeous presentation. Only played Disc One BD~A so far. Excellent. Probably need an entire evening to 'dissect' the contents of BD~A 2.

Excellent job, Yoko & Company. That hard covered book is exquisite and the size of the box is both user and storage friendly....indicative of 'the woman's touch!'

th

Last edited:
So I wonder if the Japanese released issue caught any of the printing mistakes and corrected them before pressing up 75,000 units?

Or is this something only a QuadraphonicQuad forum's members would catch?

Seems like all of the big boxes have been screwed up lately. I think it's unpaid interns running "product management" at all the big labels now.

So I wonder if the Japanese released issue caught any of the printing mistakes and corrected them before pressing up 75,000 units?

Or is this something only a QuadraphonicQuad forum's members would catch?

Seems like all of the big boxes have been screwed up lately. I think it's unpaid interns running "product management" at all the big labels now.
QQ and SHF are arguably the toughest online crowds with the largest BS filters. I would suppose that the most hardcore Beatlemaniacs can be equally tough. Haven’t said that, no one is looking harder for surround material than the folks at QQ. Also, anyone can count to 6. And you have to actually read or somewhat carefully scan a 120 page book to find a repeat paragraph. Anyway, people sometimes screw up and mistakes happen. Nothing that can’t be fixed with the next printing.

Woke up in the middle of the night with ‘How Do You Sleep?’ ringing around my head! How bizarre?! It was the BD1 version with strings. Sure it might be because of something else subconsciously but the fact I’ve played it quite a few times may also have contributed...

Funny about the typo! I could tell when ripping it was only stereo. Perhaps there’s an optimist surround fan at the printers?

Great stuff from Yoko here. John’s vocals are so clean and clear it really does come out well... She’s had a busy year with being in Isle Of Dogs as well! (Great Film).

Maybe Plastic Ono Band next year?!

Woke up in the middle of the night with ‘How Do You Sleep?’ ringing around my head! How bizarre?! It was the BD1 version with strings. Sure it might be because of something else subconsciously but the fact I’ve played it quite a few times may also have contributed...

Funny about the typo! I could tell when ripping it was only stereo. Perhaps there’s an optimist surround fan at the printers?

Great stuff from Yoko here. John’s vocals are so clean and clear it really does come out well... She’s had a busy year with being in Isle Of Dogs as well! (Great Film).

Maybe Plastic Ono Band next year?!

2:10 AM New York Time. The City Sleeps...the suburbs creak........ I don't sleep. Am just about to go subterranean and listen to both the QUAD and 5.1 remixes of Imagine on my Main System. My dungeon is neighbor~proofed.

Yes, Plastic ONO Band next. :SB

Mike-Loveland-Plastic-Ono-Band.png

Last edited:
2:10 AM New York Time. The City Sleeps...the suburbs creak........ I don't sleep.

I thought New Yawk was the city that never sleeps? So Signore Raphael is having to take the night shift instead? The quad could lead you nod off anyway in terms of mix, but the raw mixes will wake you up quicker then you can say double espresso! :cool:

I thought New Yawk was the city that never sleeps? So Signore Raphael is having to take the night shift instead? The quad could lead you nod off anyway in terms of mix, but the raw mixes will wake you up quicker then you can say double espresso! :cool:

8:35 AM New YAWK TIME....the City's Awake. I'm GOING TO SLEEP. The Quad made me Nod so I listened to Stan Getz and American Town......in surround!

1047.jpg

logo_sacd.png

Columbia CS 63759
Stereo/Multichannel Single Layer
Pop/Rock - Alternative

Amazon is a bit of a mess, as usual, with different versions and editions.

In fact, tomorrow the 320-page book ships, priced at $31.45 with a coupon to cover sales tax.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/1538747154
I'm tempted, nearly pulled the trigger this morning.

I bought the book, $32.10 total shipped. Thanks.

Now, I cancelled my order for the Bru-ray edition I found at Amazon US for $82.07 (a great deal so far), everything included, only to change my mind again. But wait, too late, it's like Amazon's pricing A.I. decided to punish that cancelation by offering it for $5.00 more and no discount, bringing a reorder for over 90 bucks.
Anyway, I thought I'd wait, but fortunately I can still find deals. Importcds is on backorder, Amazon DE was the one! It's coming for only $70.85 total. So check it out and see if this works for those waiting for a good price.

https://www.amazon.de/dp/B07FDMZ25Y/ref=pe_3044161_185740101_TE_item

The crazy thing was Amazon US showed the price back down to $82.07, what I originally paid, five minutes later.

I bought the book, $32.10 total shipped. Thanks.

Now, I cancelled my order for the Bru-ray edition I found at Amazon US for $82.07 (a great deal so far), everything included, only to change my mind again. But wait, too late, it's like Amazon's pricing A.I. decided to punish that cancelation by offering it for $5.00 more and no discount, bringing a reorder for over 90 bucks.
Anyway, I thought I'd wait, but fortunately I can still find deals. Importcds is on backorder, Amazon DE was the one! It's coming for only $70.85 total. So check it out and see if this works for those waiting for a good price.

https://www.amazon.de/dp/B07FDMZ25Y/ref=pe_3044161_185740101_TE_item

The crazy thing was Amazon US showed the price back down to $82.07, what I originally paid, five minutes later.

Two days ago I got Imagine on Amazon.fr for €59 shipped (to the US). I would have gone with Amazon.de, which was four Euros cheaper, only Amazon.fr also had the Beatles White Album for €105 Euros shipped, whereas Amazon.de was 120-something. So I ordered both from France, and Imagine should arrive in five more days. Oh-la-la!

Last edited:
Still waiting for my Collector's set to be sent by the UDiscover store. For some reason the release date keeps getting put back (5th, 9th and now the 12th). Very frustrating.:(

I LOVE this set!!! It should satisfy every surroundaholic: the original Quad in hi-Rez, a 5.1 surround mix of the original album that stays “true to the stereo mix”, and a beautiful, discrete original surround creation in the “raw studio” mix... it’s perfect!

I can’t say enough about how wonderful the raw studio mixes are... all the reverb is gone and the drums are relegated to mainly the left rear, and yet it still sounds so full and balanced... and so clean (kind of like the White Album)... the only thing I can think of that would have made this slightly better is if the location of the instruments around the room was varied from song to song, but as is it’s still so cool... it really sounds like you’re in the studio with the band running through the entire album live... Dare I say it... yes, I’ll say it: THIS is the surround release of the year!

I LOVE this set!!! It should satisfy every surroundaholic: the original Quad in hi-Rez, a 5.1 surround mix of the original album that stays “true to the stereo mix”, and a beautiful, discrete original surround creation in the “raw studio” mix... it’s perfect!

I can’t say enough about how wonderful the raw studio mixes are... all the reverb is gone and the drums are relegated to mainly the left rear, and yet it still sounds so full and balanced... and so clean (kind of like the White Album)... the only thing I can think of that would have made this slightly better is if the location of the instruments around the room was varied from song to song, but as is it’s still so cool... it really sounds like you’re in the studio with the band running through the entire album live... Dare I say it... yes, I’ll say it: THIS is the surround release of the year!

I guess one thing still holds true...the actual album didn't get the ultimate surround treatment..just the "extras"...they still won't "go there"...I doubt if they ever will...so this should tell people that the White Album is going to be more like the Imagine album...not the raw studio mix...

Yeah, I guess the one thing missing is the original album with a fully discrete mix, but for me... I never liked all the reverb, so this is perfect! And I’m sure you’re right about the White Album, but I think there will be less disappointment all around as compared to the Sgt Pepper release since we now know what kind of mix to expect.

Yeah, I guess the one thing missing is the original album with a fully discrete mix, but for me... I never liked all the reverb, so this is perfect! And I’m sure you’re right about the White Album, but I think there will be less disappointment all around as compared to the Sgt Pepper release since we now know what kind of mix to expect.

There should be more realistic expectations for the White Album...but a couple will "meltdown"...just like they have in the past...instead of just waiting to hear some reports about the White Album they will charge in there with their list of demands and then act shocked that it isn't what they wanted...oh well...just human nature I guess...

There should be more realistic expectations for the White Album...but a couple will "meltdown"...just like they have in the past...instead of just waiting to hear some reports about the White Album they will charge in there with their list of demands and then act shocked that it isn't what they wanted...oh well...just human nature I guess...

I do believe after hearing the DTS Entertainment surround remixes of Band On The Run and Venus and Mars, the McCartney Years [DVD] and of course, the LOVE album, expectations were higher for more aggressive remixes as pertains to the Beatles Catalogue.

What we're getting instead, IMO, are probably the best sounding remasters of Pepper, Imagine and I'm sure WILL include the upcoming White Album with a much more conservative approach to surround remixing.

And of course it begs the question, how would Elliot Scheiner, Steve Wilson or even Sir George Martin himself approach these remixes with the intent of not only staying TRUE to the originals but expanding the soundscapes to satisfy rabid surround aficionados who would've preferred more discrete elements in these transfers.

I'm afraid this 'middle ground' approach is bound to divide Beatles' purists who still prefer the Mono versions and Beatles' fans/surround enthusiasts who are re~purchasing these albums for the umpteenth time with expectations of more expansive sound stages but unless things change, this will be the template for ALL future Beatles' box sets.

Coming in 2025: The Sir George Martin Celestial Beatles Remasters in Auro 3D!

Last edited:
I do believe after hearing the DTS Entertainment surround remixes of Band On The Run and Venus and Mars, the McCartney Years [DVD] and of course, the LOVE album, expectations were higher for more aggressive remixes as pertains to the Beatles Catalogue.

What we're getting instead, IMO, are probably the best sounding remasters of Pepper, Imagine and I'm sure WILL include the upcoming White Album with a much more conservative approach to surround remixing.

And of course it begs the question, how would Elliot Scheiner, Steve Wilson or even Sir George Martin himself approach these remixes with the intent of not only staying TRUE to the originals but expanding the soundscapes to satisfy rabid surround aficionados who would prefer more discrete elements in these transfers.

I'm afraid this 'middle ground' approach is bound to divide Beatles' purists who still prefer the Mono versions and Beatles' fans/surround enthusiasts who are re~purchasing these albums for the umpteenth time with expectations of more expansive sound stages and unless things change, this will be the template for ALL future Beatles' box sets.

It easy to affix blame to Giles Martin...but you are just shooting the messenger...those surround mixes you are mentioning were years ago...and Love wasn't even an album...if there was ever a clear indication of what you can expect it's on the Imagine "album"...this was the perfect storm for a super discrete mix(like the the raw studio mix)of the Imagine album...it wasn't a Beatle "classic"...it had Yoko pushing for the max and you still got the "true to the original" mix...it can't be any clearer than that..if it was ever going to happen...it was on this album...and it didn't...IMO Giles Martin.....could easily provide the mix you are wishing for...and yet it didn't happen...you gotta remember how small the surround community is and how big these releases are...they just aren't going to depart from the original material and believe it or not the masses don't want them too...it's hard to hear...but it's the truth...the majority could care less about surround sound...and we are talking about a LOT of fans when it comes to these releases....since you mentioned Martin's father...I have another thing to consider...he wasn't real happy with anyone making another run at the Beatles catalog....he spend years working on the 2009 re do of the Beatles catalog...and it's a huge part of his legacy...so he wasn't some driving force to replace it...from what I had heard it was just the opposite...

Ralphie..it is what it is...we just have to accept it and appreciate what offerings we do get...or if you in the unsatisfied group...buy something else with your money...there certainly are a lot of titles coming our way...

Back