Santana "Welcome" 7-inch Sony Japan MultiCh SACD coming November 29th, 2023

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
https://www.cdjapan.co.jp/product/SICP-10150

Japanese original release. Santana's "Welcome" becomes available as SA-CD Multi Hybrid edition for the first time in the world. The SACD layer uses a DSD master converted from the original "Quadraphonic (4ch)" master. The CD layer uses the master from SACD (latest remastering). Features 7-inch mini LP packaging, faithfully replicating the artwork of the US Quadraphonic LP, including the ad poster.

IMHO, one of Santana's best!

Bought 2 ch LP day it dropped. Bought the SQ & Q8 when they dropped late Nov '73. Mother Africa split between 2 programs on Q8!

Got a text and E-Mail this morning from DHL. DELIVERING THURSDAY!!

PS: 2ch SHM-SACD of Louis Armstrong & Oscar Peterson and Springsteen Japanese singles SHM-CD's/DVD's also due Thursday.

1974 brought four new Santana Quads:
Santana I
Santana greatest
Santana/Alice Coltrane
Borboletta (butterfly)

Eagerly awaiting Greatest and especially Borboletta. SQ's until then.

Acording to a recent Foraging Rhino Post ...mid December!
Yes Ralphie, that’s when they’re expected to ship. Question is, when will they arrive to people who are still waiting weeks for their original orders? 🤔

Mind you, I DO APPRECIATE Rhino making things right for folks who purchased the Spinners!

Mine arrived today. Packed in the usual CDJapan cardboard box, padded with paper and wrapped in bubble wrap. I'm about 4 hours flight from Japan, so mine arrived a bit earlier than most.

IMG_2404.jpg

Last edited:
Back