4 more Quadio titles coming in January 2024! (Titles Announced)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Final tweaks for the next batch this week....
Dear Steve,

just between you and me, a reveal of this next batch would be most appreciated. I would be as discreet and obfuscating as an EGOT awarded street mime on the Champs-Élysées.

Yours truly,

The Mutt

Mutt EGOT mime.jpg

Dear Steve,

just between you and me, a reveal of this next batch would be most appreciated. I would be as discreet and obfuscating as an EGOT awarded street mime on the Champs-Élysées.

Yours truly,

The Mutt

View attachment 100900

Blindfold Stock Photos, Pictures & Royalty-Free Images - iStock

FAT CHANCE OF THAT, JP!

Last edited by a moderator:
@ForagingRhino: I hate to be yet another Karen asking you a personal favor, but as long as you've added QQ Concierge Customer Service Agent to your many other duties (and as long as it's impossible to raise an actual human being at Gnarlywood): do you know if there could have been a problem with the "Add to Cart" coding on the Quadio Bundle #3 page when it first went live on the evening on January 18th?

I used the link that @watsontr published in Post #598 around 10:30 pm PST that night. I'm sure the page displayed Bundle #3 and its associated discs (AWB, Evans, Newman, War). I placed my order (R000069291US) using a working discount code, and went to bed feeling like god was in his heaven and all was right with the world. Got my order confirmation the next morning and filed it in my "Receipts" folder without even opening it. Only when I got a shipping notice last Tuesday did I actually scrutinize the thing and see, to my horror, that they were sending Quadio Bundle #2 (which I already happily bought last fall) rather than Bundle #3!

In a classic absurdist exchange with Gnarlywood's email bots, every one of which failed to register the relevant details of my concern, I eventually wound up with an assurance that "a request to ship out your replacement as soon as possible" had been submitted. But as far as they're concerned, the conversation is over, and I can't get anyone to confirm that they're actually correcting the error and "replacing" the wrong bundle with right one.

If this glitch is somehow unique to me then there's no need to hash it out here. But if there really was a temporary coding error--maybe somebody created the new bundle page using the old page as a template and forgot, at first, to edit the "Add to Cart" link?--and other folks got similarly tripped up, then a public solution might be of interest....
I think the folks here could help with this particular query.
I have not heard of this being a thing.

Final tweaks for the next batch this week....
Wow, the next batch is being announced later this week, how wonderful!!!

No really, but it's interesting and exciting that we do know the choices of titles are going to be great just based on previous creative decisions.

Maybe a little hint wouldn't hurt to keep us perked up. Probably maybe which labels are again being featured would be the most vague clues to start with. Or what labels are not being featured, like No Reprise, no Elektra?

Personally I'd like an Asylum, 2 Warner, and one mysterious Rhino family member label. I mean I'd take 2 Asylum titles sure, but I'm not going to ask (or hope) for so much right now. 1 Atlantic master?

The Rhino archeologists could have excavated something from deep in the EMI tombs as well?

Last edited:
My 4 ordered-at-retail Quadio Bundle 3 titles arrived today - in 3 packages! Two were in individual cardboard mailers, and the other two were in a double cardboard mailer but inside a large plastic shipping envelope. All arrived safely through the USPS system. The mailers these guys are using are pretty damn strong as it took a bit of effort for this old guy to get them open!!

I know there's always a lot of grumbling and stress with regard to getting these things delivered, just remember the ways of the post office are strange and the process of getting these things out to us really isn't something that ForagingRhino is involved with, and it's awfully nice of him to inject himself into resolving QQ members issues. He certainly does not have to do that at all

Was gone
My 4 ordered-at-retail Quadio Bundle 3 titles arrived today - in 3 packages! Two were in individual cardboard mailers, and the other two were in a double cardboard mailer but inside a large plastic shipping envelope. All arrived safely through the USPS system. The mailers these guys are using are pretty damn strong as it took a bit of effort for this old guy to get them open!!

I know there's always a lot of grumbling and stress with regard to getting these things delivered, just remember the ways of the post office are strange and the process of getting these things out to us really isn't something that ForagingRhino is involved with, and it's awfully nice of him to inject himself into resolving QQ members issues. He certainly does not have to do that at all

When I returned from Dallas yesterday (Sunday) Randy Newman and War were waiting for me in separate boxes. Today I got the double size box in a plastic bag just like yours with Gil Evans + AWB. Four-4-four here, never saw any shipping notices, just the original order.

Maybe a separate "shipping and tracking" thread next time around? I do think we should share our ordering and delivery experiences. But it would be nice in a thread to read purely music comments and notes and maybe a general review on the content and sound quality of a new arrived batch in advance of the "spotlight" polling. Just an idea... no?

Last edited:
arrived today. 3 separate packages. and the Rhino streak continues.......every Quadio shipment for moi ( all three bundles ) has at least one cracked jewel case.
minor issue - yes - but I buy a lot of music and other companies seem to know how to pack to avoid the issue
still grateful for Rhino Quadio though

Mine arrived packaged the exact same way, intact.

+1 on the second paragraph.

Back