Wham! - Fantastic & Make It Big Atmos Blu-Ray Audios w/bonus tracks (SDE Surround Series #19 & #20) March 22, 2024 (Delayed until April 26)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've always been a "pop tart," a phrase coined by the music director at a radio station that I programmed. (She claimed she was one, too.)
This is right up my alley and it's been ordered -- both.

You can keep the Gordon Lightfoots and Randy Newmans. THIS is what I live for. (I did buy the Gordon, but I just couldn't do Randy. Gordon had two pop hits off that album. Randy did not.)

Last edited:
If anyone wants to state how these mixes sound in Atmos (they are apparently available on a few streaming services rn), that would be really helpful!

While I don't plan to order these two releases, simply not my cup of tea I'm very excited by the fact that Paul has already managed three releases and the first quarter of the year isn't even over....and it gives me some amount of hope that there might be forthcoming George Michael solo albums in Atmos?? (bring on Faith and Listen Without Prejudice, please).

Am currently spinning SONY's exceptional HD K2 remaster of WHAM THE FINAL ...feel like a teenybopper all over again! Am looking forward to these two BD~A ATMOS reissues

Wham - The Final - K2HD Mastering 2014 (1986) Flac 24bit Hi-Res ...

R.a398467876ec92b32fb6372414cab73d

Last edited:
Took the plunge on the bundle. I had Make It Big decades ago, so I know that album, however I don't think I've ever heard Fantastic. So, this is kind of a 50/50 blind buy for me. I hope the Atmos mixes are good.

I've listened to Make It Big on Apple Music, and I can only speak to the 5.1 fold-down, but I'm not enthused at all -- there's not much discreteness going on, and the mix is very reverby, to the point where everything feels really diffuse and unfocused.

I would certainly buy a quality surround mix of Make It Big, but to my ears, this isn't it. YMMV, of course.

BTW, in the comments on the SDE site, Paul says the mixes were done by Chris Porter, the original engineer on Make It Big.

Frank Filipetti did the Atmos mixes of George Michael's solo albums, which are much more involving.

Back