Bitches Brew Quadraphonic SACD from Sony Japan

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The tracking info for my order from ImportCDs says that my copy of Bitches "Departed Shipping Partner Facility" on August 16, but that "USPS [is] Awaiting Item" two days later. The "shipping partner"? DHL--which in my experience is awful about providing reliable tracking.

That's the way a lot of these major outlets do it these days...sometimes multiple carriers before it reaches the Postal Service...and until it reaches the USPS the tracking is "cloaked"...like a Klingon Bird Of Prey...and I hate those Klingons:rolleyes:

My final ImportCD price was probably $46 [or less] delivered so I'm really in NO rush. Some QQers paid WAY more....especially with expedited s/h. ImportCD usually comes through so I'm really not worried. As if I have nothing else to either listen to or watch!

This might be your most reasonable post ever...I'm proud of you(y)

Here's what ImportCDs had to say about my order:
Please be aware that orders are processed as
they are submitted online, first come first served!
Unfortunately by the time we got to your order
the item was already sold out, new inventory is
coming soon. We apologize for the inconvenience.
Vague, but encouraging.

They may have changed their policy but I know that in the past they would cancel an order and give a refund whenever an item was back-ordered.

The term "backordered" can mean different things on importcds….it's confusing the way it's used...when you make a pre order and it says "backordered" on your invoice...USUALLY that is ok...it simply means the item isn't in their warehouse...now if you are looking for a title and it says "backordered" BEFORE you order it....usually that means you won't receive the item....now there are times when importcds doesn't receive the amount of product they were anticipating...due to the distributor not filling their order...and then it becomes a case of the customer blaming the messenger...since we can't blame the distributor....I've never lost an order on importcds….but I have lost an order on amazon US...even they get shut out sometimes on these releases...

Yes ordered in July IIRC, paid via paypal which was charged at the time.

Just to let you know...whenever you use Pay Pal they collect the funds instantly...that is the way it's done with most business outlets...I use pay pal a lot...but NEVER for a pre order...not only are your funds tied up for long periods of time but the refund process takes a while...unlike a credit card which is painless and much quicker to process a refund...

Just for the record..dem "Bitches" be on da way:eek:...got shipping confirmation yesterday from importcds..

In true Gos fashion...I will answer my own post...I got the shipping notification on Wed here in Florida...a few days of "cloaked" shipping via DHL and it has arrived at my local Post Office and will be delivered tomorrow...that's pretty fast for non expedited shipping(y)..a couple of years ago importcds would take 2 weeks to deliver some of these titles...

All this shipping news is fascinating, just fascinating.

Anyway, regarding 'bitches' in the title, Carlos Santana has an essay in the booklet that comes with this (reprinted from the Complete Sessions boxed set, as is all the other text) and he notes that at the end of the 1960s, Miles had a coven of groovy younger ladies around him, including Betty Mabry and Jimi Hendrix's best girlfriend Devon Wilson, playing him new records to listen to, like the music of James Brown, Sly, and Jimi. Santana posits that *they* are the title 'bitches' , and the music of BB is their 'brew', what their suggestions inspired.

Last edited:
All this shipping news is fascinating, just fascinating.

Anyway, regarding 'bitches' in the title, Carlos Santana has an essay in the booklet that comes with this (reprinted from the Complete Sessions boxed set, as is all the other text) and he notes that at the end of the 1960s, Miles had a coven of groovy younger ladies around him, including Betty Mabry and Jimi Hendrix's best girlfriend Devon Wilson, playing him new records to listen to, like the music of James Brown, Sly, and Jimi. Santana posits that *they* are the title 'bitches' , and the music of BB is the 'brew' their suggestions inspired.

Now that is interesting. On a side note I just listened to "Get Up With It" (had bought it a month ago) for the first time. I was blown away. I see myself listening to a bunch more Miles Davis in the near future.

Also, I just got my tracking number. Yeah!

Back