Bitches Brew Quadraphonic SACD from Sony Japan

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Man, the Quad mix on Bitch will simply wear you out. lmao! You really have to be prepared for this one my friends.

I’m starting to get sick of this Bitches Brew…

Woo, thank God that is over, listening now to … …Way more better than Bitches Brew.

Trying to get through both discs in a marathon is not for the faint of heart.
Please, pace yourself and don't over-do it all in one go if you're not feeling it.
Maybe try an LP side's worth at a time, perhaps mixed with other late 60s-mid 70s jazz & fusion for context.

I just picked up this book at the local library.
The music professor author hears Miles deconstructing the melody from Spinning Wheel by Blood, Sweat & Tears in the title track.
Check out Bitches Brew around 4:50, 5:50, 9:50... see if you hear what she's referencing.

51Nvg7MXYiL._SX312_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

Finally received my shipment notification from Import CDs yesterday. It says it may still take up to 10 days to reach me. Long wait from this vendor!

The Panthalassa Miles Davis re-mix album by Bill Laswell was a gateway for me into Mile's electric period.
One might try this in simulated surround as a warm-up to a side or two of the Bitches Brew in full quad.

https://web.archive.org/web/2015060...sound.com/sos/may98/articles/billlaswell.html

Laswell is an archetypal musical revolutionary who has the perfect qualifications to re-work old material from that other archetypal revolutionary, on Panthalassa.
The opening track of the album sees Laswell compressing the 35 minutes of the original In A Silent Way album into a suite that lasts just 15 minutes, and the improvement is remarkable.
He's brought a new, tight structure to the music, composing a totally new piece from totally familiar material.
It now has a beginning, a build-up, a middle and an end, instead of starting somewhere arbitrarily and ceasing somewhere equally arbitrarily.

Whooo !!

I can't claim any kind of intimate familiarity with this album. I've heard it a few times down through the years, but I guess the timing wasn't right or something; it just never stuck with me. But this quad mix - holy shit!

Bitches Brew is the musical equivalent of opening a bunch of paint cans and just chucking them at the canvas. I like that kind of art (I don't always understand it, but I like it), and I am loving the hell out of this music. And if any music was meant for multichannel, this is it right here. Wow! And once again, the sound quality is so f890ing good, it sounds like it was recorded last week. Dayum...

Well I got back from the Festival today and checked the tracking on my copy of BB, and as expected its still in &$%*ing Coventry Parcelforce Customs office (since the 9th!!!). :poop::poop::poop::mad:
Clint reckoned they were Quad fans, I reckon they think the SACD is an alien flying saucer so have put it in quarantine. So I've emailed Parcelforce who are supposed to deliver it to ask why its still there, I expect silence.
Well silence from UK Parcelforce (so far), but maybe.... just maybe.... my email caused a reaction, as my copy of Bitches Brew has at least left the Customs Dept. after 12 days :eek: Now I have to wait for the Customs Demand & Handling Fee :sick:

1534848067521.png

Well silence from UK Parcelforce (so far), but maybe.... just maybe.... my email caused a reaction, as my copy of Bitches Brew has at least left the Customs Dept. after 12 days :eek: Now I have to wait for the Customs Demand & Handling Fee :sick:

View attachment 34440
Wow...you really have to jump through the hoops for this one....I'd hate to see what might happen if Gos had to experience this kind of delay:eek: it would be ugly at the Customs office:D

Wow...you really have to jump through the hoops for this one....I'd hate to see what might happen if Gos had to experience this kind of delay:eek: it would be ugly at the Customs office:D
I would be unhinged.......I do tend to get a little impatient...
Luckily (for them) I can't just saunter over, I live about 170 miles from Coventry, so 5 hours travelling on UK roads with all the traffic and roadworks!

That's the way a lot of these major outlets do it these days...sometimes multiple carriers before it reaches the Postal Service...and until it reaches the USPS the tracking is "cloaked"...like a Klingon Bird Of Prey...and I hate those Klingons:rolleyes:

Uncloaked! After 5 days under cover with DHL, the package has shown up at my local post office and is out for delivery today...

Unfortunately neither ImportCDs or Deep Discount ship to Canada any more (or at least not to my address), but if I order through Amazon marketplace they do. Amazon Canada is terrible lately with pre-orders, they never get anything in till weeks or sometimes months after release date. My order for Bitches Brew is slated to ship mid September and Eye in the Sky in early September. I don't know of any other sources in Canada that sell at reasonable prices. I've used CD Universe a couple of times lately, a little more pricey but good service.

Luckily (for them) I can't just saunter over, I live about 170 miles from Coventry, so 5 hours travelling on UK roads with all the traffic and roadworks!

My poor UK brethren: by the time you take shipment of Bitches Brew the foam on the Brew is going to go FLAT!:ROFLMAO:and beer ain't a nickel anymore!
Kerala-Blasters-Flat-Beer.jpg

Carbotek-beer_1100.jpg

islblog.com
779 × 1341 jpeg

Unfortunately neither ImportCDs or Deep Discount ship to Canada any more (or at least not to my address), but if I order through Amazon marketplace they do. Amazon Canada is terrible lately with pre-orders, they never get anything in till weeks or sometimes months after release date. My order for Bitches Brew is slated to ship mid September and Eye in the Sky in early September. I don't know of any other sources in Canada that sell at reasonable prices. I've used CD Universe a couple of times lately, a little more pricey but good service.

CDJapan will ship to your address. I buy from importCDs all the time both directly from their website and from their amazon.ca marketplace store with no problem. If you can, get yourself a Flexi Delivery address.

Well I had an email from Parcelforce telling me the reason it wasn't delivered was Tax was due - Doesn't explain 12 days in their Customs Dept.! So £10.49 Tax and £11.22 Tax Handling Fee :mad: which I have managed to pay on-line (their system failed first time!). So it should allegedly get delivered tomorrow.
So the cost of my copy of Bitches Brew comes to £54.27+£21.71=£75.98/US$98.09 not as bad as it could have been!

CDJapan will ship to your address. I buy from importCDs all the time both directly from their website and from their amazon.ca marketplace store with no problem. If you can, get yourself a Flexi Delivery address.

My mail is delivered to a community mail box now, so I don't see how a Flexi Delivery address would help. I've used CDJapan a few times but have had calls from Visa each time to confirm it is not a fraudulent transaction causing several days delay - a nuisance. I'm told ImportCD and Deep Discount us the same accounting system and that is where the problem lies. I've called them and they were totally unhelpful, telling me I must have entered my address incorrectly -not the case. Anyways, I'm done with them.

I pre-ordered from Japan, got an email that the disc was shipped 2 weeks ago, and I'm still waiting... it usually doesn't take this long (and I went the cheap route with no tracking:()

Reactions: GOS
Back