'The Beatles' (White Album) [50th Anniversary Box Set with 5.1 Blu-ray Disc!]

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
After listening to this album this afternoon, I remembered why it’s my least favorite The Beatles record. Yes, it doesn’t have a lot of songs that I could say, 🤔, I wouldn’t mind spending a lot of money on this box set. I think, I’ll take a pass on this one. Bring on Abby Road or Revolver.

After listening to this album this afternoon, I remembered why it’s my least favorite The Beatles record. Yes, it doesn’t have a lot of songs that I could say, 🤔, I wouldn’t mind spending a lot of money on this box set. I think, I’ll take a pass on this one. Bring on Abby Road or Revolver.

Ohhhhh Perpy buddy it Snood fave, followed by Abbey , Sgt Pepper, Revolver & Magical Mystery (Later Beatles as you can see) - but to each their own - name your top 5

Ohhhhh Perpy buddy it Snood fave, followed by Abbey , Sgt Pepper, Revolver & Magical Mystery (Later Beatles as you can see) - but to each their own - name your top 5

I already named two. Other three are Rubber Soul, Sgt. Peppers & MMT.

It’s not that I hate The White Album but to me, there’s a lot of filler and half-assed songs. It would have been better to put out a single album and add Revolution & Lady Madonna.

The Beatles White Album Filler Songs:

Don’t Pass Me By
I’m So Tired
Julia
Long, Long, Long
Revolution 1
Revolution 9
Sexy Sadie
Savoy Truffle
Wild Honey Pie
Why Don’t We Do It In The Road
Yer Blues

It’s not that I hate The White Album but to me, there’s a lot of filler and half-assed songs. It would have been better to put out a single album and add Revolution & Lady Madonna.

Don’t Pass Me By
I’m So Tired
Julia
Long, Long, Long
Revolution 1
Revolution 9
Sexy Sadie
Savoy Truffle
Wild Honey Pie
Yer Blues

Oooooh that list hurts me - Julia, Rev 9 and perhaps Pass me by & Honey Pie........but I think the rest have a flow and Tired, Long, Sadie, Savoy Road & YerBlues are Awesome.....especially Savoy & Tired - but that is what makes this hobby of music amazing - everyone has that note or chord that hits them, where others will go wtf!? :LB

My best friend for dammmmn 40 years.........him and Snood like alot of the same stuff Beatles, XTC, Knack , Crowded House, Elvis Costello - etc etc but then we have this valley where he likes his shit (One Republic, Imagine Dragons and deep Nick Lowe) and to him.....Snood like my shit lmao. We are talking my shit being Hendrix, Zeppelin, FLoyd, Rory Gallagher, Michael Bloomfield......

So go figure o_O

Last edited:

Don’t Pass Me By
I’m So Tired
Julia
Long, Long, Long
Revolution 1
Revolution 9
Sexy Sadie
Savoy Truffle
Wild Honey Pie
Yer Blues
Long long long is one of my favOurite Beatles songs...:love:

Long long long is one of my favOurite Beatles songs...:love:

Well, you're not alone Scott as Perp's Filler is our thriller.........:eek:cause, maybe, just maybe, Perps never done IT in that long long long road before perpendicular with Sexy Sadie nor Julia citing 'I'm so tired' I couldn't even scoff down a slice of Wild Honey Pie with a Savoy Truffle on top...and far as I'm concerned no Revolution No. 1 OR No. 9 nor Yer Blues, to boot, Don't [EVER wanna] Pass ME By!

Last edited:
I'm VERY excited about this release... and this time around I'll have more realistic expectations of what the mix will be like given the Pepper mix (expectations have a tendency to ruin everything in life). Who'd have ever thought we'd get TWO Beatles albums mixed in surround?! I order a lot of discs that sit on my shelf unopened for months (years?), but this one will play the moment it arrives.

My top 3 Beatles albums:
-Rubber Soul
-Abbey Road
-Sgt. Pepper
I'm with George Martin with regards to The White Album: It's an excellent single album with lots of great bonus songs!

I'm with George Martin with regards to The White Album: It's an excellent single album with lots of great bonus songs!

This must be one of those deals where I just heard something at exactly the right age and it stuck. I bought my first copy of the album back when it still had the embossed serial numbers (though I eventually traded that for a pre-recorded reel!) and have just always loved it without reservation. Well, OK, I don't exactly go through periods of craving "Revolution 9", but you get my point. I could even make the case that R9, if nothing else, makes "Good Night" OK just because the latter is such a total opposite to the former.

Don’t Pass Me By
I’m So Tired
Julia
Long, Long, Long
Revolution 1
Revolution 9
Sexy Sadie
Savoy Truffle
Wild Honey Pie
Yer Blues

I feel I have to give my take on this...

Don’t Pass Me By - What? No Love for Ringo? This needs to come off the list.
I’m So Tired- This needs to come off the list
Julia - This needs to come off the list. A personal Lennon tune like he would do more of after going solo.
Long, Long, Long - off the list, One of the best get high tunes on the album
Revolution 1 - off the list (why no love for this?)
Revolution 9 - this can be number 1 ON the list
Sexy Sadie - huh? are you serious? take this one off the list first
Savoy Truffle - stop this madness. This is an awesome Harrison tune
Wild Honey Pie - this is only a song fragment, but it can stay on the list.
Why Don’t We Do It In The Road - why don't we leave this one on the list
Yer Blues - This is a Lennon masterpiece.... seriously

You may also ADD Goodnight.

[drops mic]... {leaves}...:giggle:

Don’t Pass Me By
I’m So Tired
Julia
Long, Long, Long
Revolution 1
Revolution 9
Sexy Sadie
Savoy Truffle
Wild Honey Pie
Yer Blues

Savoy Truffle is my favorite George Harrison Beatle song, followed closely by Think For Yourself.
As for the albums, I've always had a love for Beatles For Sale (or Beatles '65 back in my day). The opening 3 songs, No Reply, I'm A Loser and Baby's In Black is a combo I can't get enough of. Hard for me to pick favorite albums. I love them all. :phones

Oooooh that list hurts me - Julia, Rev 9 and perhaps Pass me by & Honey Pie........but I think the rest have a flow and Tired, Long, Sadie, Savoy Road & YerBlues are Awesome.....especially Savoy & Tired - but that is what makes this hobby of music amazing - everyone has that note or chord that hits them, where others will go wtf!? :LB

My best friend for dammmmn 40 years.........him and I like alot of the same stuff Beatles, XTC, Knack , Crowded House, Elvis Costello - etc etc but then we have this valley where he likes his shit (One Republic, Imagine Dragons and deep Nick Lowe) and to him.....I like my shit lmao. We are talking my shit being Hendrix, Zeppelin, FLoyd, Rory Gallagher, Michael Bloomfield......

So go figure o_O

Snood has a friend or is it a mirror image........... Doons :unsure:?
Snood :LB got very good Taste :rocks, not so sure about Doons :whistle:

Or as I like to call it: Giles fiddlin' with the dials and [hopefully] coming up with a 360 experience!

Not so much "hopefully " as finally.........in Surround !!!!

A Beatle masterpiece , yet. Can't possibly think anything negative about this recording . And won't prejudge his work .
Without Giles curiousity....we would not be getting it in Surround at all.
It's the release of the decade , I think.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back