'The Beatles' (White Album) [50th Anniversary Box Set with 5.1 Blu-ray Disc!]

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It was very nice of Lennon and McCartney to indulge their ladies by allowing their presence on musical ventures; and bless Linda and especially Yoko with keeping their Beatle husbands sane. But I am not a fan of either of their voices.

IF ONLY the Beatles would've remained SINGLE.......IMAGINE, what music they would've made?

This is one of those posts that would get the "like" and "thanks" buttons back in the day!

LIKE and THANKS markshan!

With 8 Multi~Tracks to work from, hope Giles channels his late father in doing THE WHITE ALBUM justice! This remix could sure use some LOVE!

[NO Video....JUST AUDIO]

Last edited:

I'm definitely in for this!
Not every moment on the White Album is made for surround sound greatness (like "Why Don't We Do It In The Road?", "Julia", "Yer Blues") but almost every other song on the album has some kind of layered production going on that would totally lend itself to a great surround mix.
Don't disappoint us, Giles & Sam! We're counting on you guys to make this one as good as it can be!

:)

Cool! Cherry cream, and a nice apple tart to you......it's lunch time here.

Don't you know it's "Good News"??

goodnews.jpg

I'm definitely in for this!
Not every moment on the White Album is made for surround sound greatness (like "Why Don't We Do It In The Road?", "Julia", "Yer Blues") but almost every other song on the album has some kind of layered production going on that would totally lend itself to a great surround mix.
Don't disappoint us, Giles & Sam! We're counting on you guys to make this one as good as it can be!

:)
Yer Blues? I think the way the vocal on final verse is so distant, I will be disappointed if the lead vocal isn't in the front center but moved to a rear corner for that effect.

I too have suffered the Surround Blues with the release of the new Pepper. We expect some discreetness with at least some unique activities in the back half of our listening room. I've gone as far as telling people it just isn't worth it. So months later I see the threads with back and forth remarks with those not as offended as most of us saying, "But, it is the best version I have ever heard." This stuck with me and the other night I gave the complete new Surround Pepper another'try'. For some reason it pains me to say but, it is the best version I have ever heard. It will never be a Surround Demo but it is the richest version where the surround gives the whole listening field more life by bringing the music out and into the room. OK, I have said it.

One last remark to others seeing A Hard Day's Night for the first time and the unbelievable screaming. I had already seen it once or twice when we were at our local theater. The movie and screaming started right away. Within minutes the house lights came up and the theater manager comes storming down the aisle. He announced )(yelled really) the movie would not play unless the screaming stopped...for good. He then stormed back up the aisle and the screaming never happened again. I have to admit, I chuckled at the whole experience at the time but, I was glad we could now hear the movie too.

Just for fun, let's assume this is going to happen. Knowing what type of box Pepper was, what would be the price of White? :censored:

I don't know about price, but I'm thinking this could be an 8-disc box set.
The album in stereo would take up 2 CDs. The album in mono would take up another 2 CDs. Then you probably have at least two 2 CDs reserved for alternate studio material. Finally, the 5.1 surround mix will probably be on both Blu-Ray & DVD, so there you have it.

I don't know about price, but I'm thinking this could be an 8-disc box set.
The album in stereo would take up 2 CDs. The album in mono would take up another 2 CDs. Then you probably have at least two 2 CDs reserved for alternate studio material. Finally, the 5.1 surround mix will probably be on both Blu-Ray & DVD, so there you have it.
I'm positive no DVD.
And they had better put the Mono on the Blu-ray this time.
That is the one thing I didn't get about the Pepper set at all.
Major F'up imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back