4 more Quadio titles coming in May 2024!

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That second color looks suspiciously like Paul Simon's Still Crazy After All These Years...
As much as I’d like that to be true, that title is not a possibility for a Rhino Quadio I’m afraid…

For two reasons,
It belongs to Sony now and Paul doesn’t want his quads re-issued.

Well, I haven't weighed in on any of this, but what I would like to hear is Alice Cooper's "Killer". in quad. "Love it to Death" wouldn't be bad either.
I'm with you. That is, by far, my favorite Alice Cooper album. Unfortunately, the oldest multichannel AC album I've seen is Million Dollar Babies. I think the latter was the first that it was by Alice the man rather than Alice the band and his contract was probably much more in his favor.

I'm with you. That is, by far, my favorite Alice Cooper album. Unfortunately, the oldest multichannel AC album I've seen is Million Dollar Babies. I think the latter was the first that it was by Alice the man rather than Alice the band and his contract was probably much more in his favor.
Inflation must have taken a toll. It's Billion Dollar Babies, not million.

And BDB plus the one that follows it Muscle of Love are both full AC band albums. The next one, Welcome to My Nightmare is the first solo AC recording. Incidentally, all of the three are available in surround

As much as I’d like that to be true, that title is not a possibility for a Rhino Quadio I’m afraid…

For two reasons,
It belongs to Sony now and Paul doesn’t want his quads re-issued.
Paul Simon sold his entire catalog, he may not have any say in the matter now.

Paul Simon sold his entire catalog, he may not have any say in the matter now.
https://variety.com/2023/music/news/paul-simon-sells-music-catalog-bmg-1235651960/
While terms of the transaction were not disclosed, a source tells Variety that the deal, which covers Simon’s work with the duo but not his solo recordings, was among the “most significant” of many the company has done in recent years.
There's also this:
https://www.nytimes.com/2021/03/31/arts/music/paul-simon-catalog-sony.html

So obvious that #3 shows Rhino have licensed the debut Eric Carmen solo album quad master from Arista/Sony.
I guess I'm the only one who spotted this. :geek:

Great to see that the Quadio series is branching out to include other labels' titles occasionally.

Last edited:
This is the most minor of quabbles - but Paranoid not having the same style spine as the rest of the series is messing with my shelves haha
Paranoid's spine very much resembles my UK imported LP from the 70s. I love that little detail.

Back