Jeff Beck's "Wired"....now available as multi-channel hybrid SACD from Japan Sony

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
... shipping status updates are about as much fun as pulling teeth.. normally.. but CD Japan just emailed to say they have dispatched my order of the MultiCh SACD set of Jeff Beck's Wired.. and it should be with me within the next 5-12 days....

YEEEEEEEAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH BABY YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH... BRING IT ONNNNNNNNN.......!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:wave :woopie :nuke :eek:

... shipping status updates are about as much fun as pulling teeth.. normally.. but CD Japan just emailed to say they have dispatched my order of the MultiCh SACD set of Jeff Beck's Wired.. and it should be with me within the next 5-12 days....

YEEEEEEEAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH BABY YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH... BRING IT ONNNNNNNNN.......!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:wave :woopie :nuke :eek:

Ditto, AB. Shall we guesstimate that the QUAD SACD of Rough and Ready will be next?

Ditto, AB. Shall we guestimate that the QUAD SACD of Rough and Ready will be next?

hope so Ralpheeo..

followed by the complete Quadraphonic back catalogues of Santana, Edgar & Johnny Winter, Rick Derringer, Aerosmith, Poco, Dave Mason, Billy Joel, Bob Dylan, Billy Paul, The O'Jays, The Isley Brothers, Harold Melvin and the Bum Notes, Reo Speedwagon, MFSB, fArt Garfunkel, Earth Wind & Fire, Blood Sweat & Beers, Janis Joplin, Janis Ian, Jefferson Airplane, Jefferson Starship, Hot Tuna, Tuna Melt with fries, Herbie Hancock, Minnie Ripofferton, Sly & His Family Jewels, Johnny Nash, Johnny Cash, Charlie Rich, Lynn Anderson, Tammy Wynette, Andy Williams, Johhny Mathis, Babs Streisand, Burton Cummingsandgoings, Krispy Kreme Kriskriskristofersonson...

you get the picture ;)

hope so Ralpheeo..

followed by the complete Quadraphonic back catalogues of Santana, Edgar & Johnny Winter, Rick Derringer, Aerosmith, Poco, Dave Mason, Billy Joel, Bob Dylan, Billy Paul, The O'Jays, The Isley Brothers, Harold Melvin and the Bum Notes, Reo Speedwagon, MFSB, fArt Garfunkel, Earth Wind & Fire, Blood Sweat & Beers, Janis Joplin, Janis Ian, Jefferson Airplane, Jefferson Starship, Hot Tuna, Tuna Melt with fries, Herbie Hancock, Minnie Ripofferton, Sly & His Family Jewels, Johnny Nash, Johnny Cash, Charlie Rich, Lynn Anderson, Tammy Wynette, Andy Williams, Johhny Mathis, Babs Streisand, Burton Cummingsandgoings, Krispy Kreme Kriskriskristofersonson...

you get the picture ;)

Either you have a photographic memory or you're talking in your sleep.

Whatever, AB......I'm with you on ALL counts. My guess would be Santana!:banana: [which, BTW, rhymes with Banana]

Last edited:
Either you have a photographic memory or you're talking in your sleep.

Whatever, AB......I'm with you on ALL counts. My guess would be Santana!:banana: [which, BTW, ryhmes with Banana]

a quadraphonic memory never forgets the earth wind & elephant in the room..
in the words of Crystal Gayle, "you've been posting in your sleeeep.."

Goodnight QQ buds all over the world (y)

ps. is that a Santana in your pocket or are you just pleased to see us! :p

initial report from over @the SHF very encouraging..! :upthumb

The Jeff Beck Blow By Blow and Wired SACDs

SHF Member Ozric said:
"I am listening to the Multi Channel Layer of the SACD now. It is 5.1, but very minimal information is in the center channel. It is a very aggressive surround mix, probably very true to the original Quad Recording. Sound is excellent, most everybody will enjoy this." :smokin

My copy arrives today, looking forward to it.

Yeay! Go Markie! :wave

Please drop everything (including newborn babies and cute little puppies! :yikes ) and try it out for us as soon as it arrives, posting your findings asap - if not sooner than asap!!!! ;)

(ASAP = Advanced Super Audio Preview... :smokin )

Yeay! Go Markie! :wave

Please drop everything (including newborn babies and cute little puppies! :yikes ) and try it out for us as soon as it arrives, posting your findings asap - if not sooner than asap!!!! ;)

(ASAP = Advanced Super Audio Preview... :smokin )
Oh boy, that's a hard one, think I'm going to watch game 7 of World Series and listen to Wired on Thursday, sorry Adam.

A couple of pictures, courtesy of Discogs:

R-9289643-1478025109-4362.jpeg.jpg

R-9289643-1478025115-7683.jpeg.jpg

:)

IMG_0076.jpg

Plus a 16 year family tree. As always the Japanese packaging is stellar, with iron on patch, poster, Japanese liner notes. The disc is gold glitter. The slipcase is not gatefold with Hybrid SACD, multichannel 5.1.
Looking forward to a listen but watching World Series at moment. There is no doubt that it will sound fantastic.

Wow, wow,wow. Talk about discrete. This is the disc that will help all confused as to the difference between ambient and discrete. You will notice this in the left rear. The left rear will drop to 0db for guitar and keyboard solo. This freaked me out on first track as my amp meter went to zero, I have never seen this on a surround disc, and then BAM, here comes Beck's blistering guitar. Some tunes he is center. I think somebody above said there was a weak center output, not my experience. This definitely has dumped someone off my top 5 list. If you think AP's stereo SACD is good enough than it will be your loss, no comparison.

Back