ALL ABOUT MUSIC #2 - Non Surround, Not Covered In Other Threads

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, it is the middle of the week - why not take a chill pill?! :cool: Calvin Harris is a bit shit though!

I’ve put on the new Music From Big Pink... It’s so so nearly perfect but just not quite there on a couple of songs...

For £3.99 for 4 RBCDs mastered by SONY, Master Smithers, who cares if Calvin Harris [frankly, NEVER heard of him] is accorded one cut. Actually, a great compilation! And so much cheaper than BIG PINK [which in all fairness, IS excellent].

Last edited:
View attachment 35764! :unsure:Ralphie on the cover? Either way its a good album

Elton John's Tailor, Dunc?

Signore Raphael wears RALPH .....Lauren, that is!

Ralph-Lauren-Purple-Label-Spring-Summer-2015-Menswear-26.jpg

For £3.99 for 4 RBCDs mastered by SONY, Master Smithers, who cares if Calvin Harris [frankly, NEVER heard of him] is accorded one cut. Actually, a great compilation! And so much cheaper than BIG PINK [which in all fairness, IS excellent].

Wow that’s good value... yeah sometimes you can get real bargains on cd’s. I just got 2 of the black keys albums for £3. I’ll rip them and then better then any streaming service.

I think I’ll have to play Big Pink regularly just to justify it. The fact it had Vinyl actually swung it for me... But I am pretty pleased with it..

Calvin Harris is a Scottish DJ I think? He went out with Taylor Swift before she dumped him for Tom Hiddleston... Tom Hiddleston was in The Night Manager which is quite a good series if you can get it. Not as good as Sharp Objects though! That’s the best thing I’ve seen in a long while = spooky ending! :eek:

Wow that’s good value... yeah sometimes you can get real bargains on cd’s. I just got 2 of the black keys albums for £3. I’ll rip them and then better then any streaming service.

I think I’ll have to play Big Pink regularly just to justify it. The fact it had Vinyl actually swung it for me... But I am pretty pleased with it..

Calvin Harris is a Scottish DJ I think? He went out with Taylor Swift before she dumped him for Tom Hiddleston... Tom Hiddleston was in The Night Manager which is quite a good series if you can get it. Not as good as Sharp Objects though! That’s the best thing I’ve seen in a long while = spooky ending! :eek:

I recorded all the episodes of Sharp Objects but have yet to watch them. So Taylor dumped Calvin for Tom Hiddleston. Did she write one of her infamous break up songs for poor Calvin. Taylor is going to end up a spinster with loads of cosmetic surgery as she goes through men like rainwater...........And she's probably worth half a billion .... and counting!

Actually, $320 million USD!

I recorded all the episodes of Sharp Objects but have yet to watch them. So Taylor dumped Calvin for Tom Hiddleston. Did she write one of her infamous break up songs for poor Calvin. Taylor is going to end up a spinster with loads of cosmetic surgery as she goes through men like rainwater...........And she's probably worth half a billion .... and counting!

Actually, $320 million USD!

Honestly one of the best things I’ve seen in a while. Like Pringles once you start you can’t stop... And one of the characters has a $112,000 sound system!

Hmmm maybe I should ask Taylor out on a date?!

Honestly one of the best things I’ve seen in a while. Like Pringles once you start you can’t stop... And one of the characters has a $112,000 sound system!

Hmmm maybe I should ask Taylor out on a date?!

Smithers, Champagne taste

.... and a BEER pocketbook. Horrors!

Perhaps you can lure her with your $112,000 sound system and Pizza~flavored Pringles! But she's SO VAIN, she'll probably write a song about YOU!

Last edited:
It looks like our very own top dog JonUrban is also checking on proceedings behind the mirror! :)

There is really so much going on in this cover........the transparent jacket....and yet in the mirror it's not and the underwear clad man to the left showing a different reflection than the main character and if you look at the tailor's reflection behind him ....a different pose altogether.

If you ever saw Francis Ford Coppola's DRACULA, it was reminiscent of the scene where Jonathan Harker [Keanu Reeves] is seated at the desk and Dracula's shadow is moving in a different direction than the movements generated by Dracula himself.

Very spooky.

There is really so much going on in this cover........the transparent jacket....and yet in the mirror it's not and the underwear clad man to the left showing a different reflection than the main character and if you look at the tailor's reflection behind him ....a different pose altogether.

If you ever saw Francis Ford Coppola's DRACULA, it was reminiscent of the scene where Jonathan Harker [Keanu Reeves] is seated at the desk and Dracula's shadow is moving in a different direction than the movements generated by Dracula himself.

Very spooky.

Ooh spooky indeed, I hadn’t noticed the tailor’s reflection! That’s really creepy the story about Dracula’s shadow... My hairs on my arms jumped up when I read it. Sounded like Vincent Price! Maybe there’s a line in horror for you Ralph?!

Ooh spooky indeed, I hadn’t noticed the tailor’s reflection! That’s really creepy the story about Dracula’s shadow... My hairs on my arms jumped up when I read it. Sounded like Vincent Price! Maybe there’s a line in horror for you Ralph?!

I not ONLY grew up over a funeral home [in an eerie 1869 Victorian mansion] but am still in the business. Don't ask when I first saw Night Of The Living Dead and I had to pass by three remains to walk up a forbidding spiral staircase to my upstairs bedroom. They're coming to get you, Signore Raphael!

BTW, Dracula in 4K is simply astounding with an equally gorgeous Atmos soundtrack!

031-dracula-theredlist.png

Last edited:
I not ONLY grew up over a funeral home [in an eerie 1869 Victorian mansion] but am still in the business. Don't ask when I first saw Night Of The Living Dead and I had to pass by three remains to walk up a forbidding spiral staircase to my upstairs bedroom. They're coming to get you, Signore Raphael!

BTW, Dracula in 4K is simply astounding with an equally gorgeous Atmos soundtrack!

031-dracula-theredlist.png

Another thing I’ll have to check out! 🧛🏻‍♀️🧟

Wow that’s a spooktacular story! I haven’t seen NOTLD but I’ve heard it’s scary. I know I had weird dreams after watching the exorcist when I was young. Here’s hoping not all the ghouls are creepy...

Funny I think Tubular Bells was one of the first sacd’s I got... But how scary is the exorcist.... brrrrrgh

Another thing I’ll have to check out! 🧛🏻‍♀️🧟

Wow that’s a spooktacular story! I haven’t seen NOTLD but I’ve heard it’s scary. I know I had weird dreams after watching the exorcist when I was young. Here’s hoping not all the ghouls are creepy...

Funny I think Tubular Bells was one of the first sacd’s I got... But how scary is the exorcist.... brrrrrgh

NOTLD pre~dated The Exorcist and it was shot in lowest budget Black & White outside of Pittsburgh Pennsylvania. In some ways, I do find it more chilling than the Exorcist but of course so many more frightening movies have succeeded it.

I thought the recent Hannibal on Network TV was likewise chilling and the acting was beyond spectacular.

Tubular Bells was a great soundtrack to the Exorcist and remains so to this day.

But, Master Smithers, the litmus test is Hereditary. That's on my must see list with Halloween rapidly approaching.

NOTLD pre~dated The Exorcist and it was shot in lowest budget Black & White outside of Pittsburgh Pennsylvania. In some ways, I do find it more chilling than the Exorcist but of course so many more frightening movies have succeeded it.

I thought the recent Hannibal on Network TV was likewise chilling and the acting was beyond spectacular.

Tubular Bells was a great soundtrack to the Exorcist and remains so to this day.

But, Master Smithers, the litmus test is Hereditary. That's on my must see list with Halloween rapidly approaching.

Yes Heriditary is on my list too. I’ll make a deal to see it before Halloween! Looking forward to Halloween. I don’t usually go crazy with the dressing up but I’m quite happy having a boogie to Monster Mash! :dance

Back