ALL ABOUT MUSIC #2 - Non Surround, Not Covered In Other Threads

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
On a note that's sort of related to surround sound (but not really), before work today, I stopped into Barnes & Noble, and what did I find?
Two copies of Andy Partridge's new book "Complicated Game - Inside the Songs of XTC", which includes a forward by our favorite surround sound friend Steven Wilson!
It was only $20, so I had to pick it up.
Haven't had a chance to really go through any of the book yet, but if you're an XTC fan, I think this is something you will definitely want to have in your library! :)

Well, I had purchased a CD/DVD-Audio combo of Jackson Browne - Running On Empty on ebay. Only when I received it, it was a basic CD. Asked for refund and I got that today and the guy told me to keep the CD. I guess I'm happy I don't have to return it...but I really could care less for the CD. Oh well.....

Now, on for the search for a REAL DVD-A of ROE.

Well, I had purchased a CD/DVD-Audio combo of Jackson Browne - Running On Empty on ebay. Only when I received it, it was a basic CD. Asked for refund and I got that today and the guy told me to keep the CD. I guess I'm happy I don't have to return it...but I really could care less for the CD. Oh well.....

Now, on for the search for a REAL DVD-A of ROE.

That has happened to me more than once. Advertised as an SACD or DVDA.... get a Redbook. I think some of these sellers actually don't know the difference and they are too reliant on the canned Ebay description.

People people people...I've just rediscovered proper 2ch recordings by adding a Naim amplifier and CD player to the madness of my electronics. I have to testify....godammit it sounds incredible. I patched in my Oppo 105 through the balanced xlrs with a din connect and I'm 2ch sacd compatible too.

I always struggled with getting a half decent punch out of a 2 channel recording with an avr or a receiver. Once surround sound came along with the cheat of a subwoofer the sound became passable. Generally speaking though; a regular 2ch cd was so uninteresting that I simply lost interest in much of my music library....until today....

I have to say it out loud...the headroom is mind boggling...iit punches like Sugar Ray on a speed bag...it dances like no one is watching.

Steely Dan - Peg.....I'm hearing instrumentation that I've never heard before....

People people people...I've just rediscovered proper 2ch recordings by adding a Naim amplifier and CD player to the madness of my electronics. I have to testify....godammit it sounds incredible. I patched in my Oppo 105 through the balanced xlrs with a din connect and I'm 2ch sacd compatible too.

I always struggled with getting a half decent punch out of a 2 channel recording with an avr or a receiver. Once surround sound came along with the cheat of a subwoofer the sound became passable. Generally speaking though; a regular 2ch cd was so uninteresting that I simply lost interest in much of my music library....until today....

I have to say it out loud...the headroom is mind boggling...iit punches like Sugar Ray on a speed bag...it dances like no one is watching.

Steely Dan - Peg.....I'm hearing instrumentation that I've never heard before....

What are the specifics of these new "magic" boxes...model number...how bout a picture..

What are the specifics of these new "magic" boxes...model number...how bout a picture..

image.jpg

Supernait 2 amplifier with a Naim CD5 XS

fearandfablecover.jpg

When the artwork whispers softly to your ear: "Hey... this is for you"

[video=youtube;MjeV1wz4pHc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MjeV1wz4pHc[/video]

"There's a black bird over my door, singing: Nevermore... ♫♪ nevermore... ♫♪ nevermo͡ ♪♫ "

I have 3 or 4 extra copies of Bowie's Reality for that reason! Finally got the real thing from a QQer! (y)

I really haven't bought anything from anybody in fleabay for a couple of years (but I did buy a LOT back then!!!) since they enforced the "S&H" prices....

Now I get my stuff from Discogs...

I received this one today and am playing it already...something I haven't done for a long time...these compilation discs are so much fun for me...I'm less critical of the flaws and just enjoy the music...most of which I haven't heard in years...since I don't really listen to the radio...and the only "streaming" I do is once a year at the request of my urologist:spot

001.jpg
002.jpg
003.jpg

I'd complain, sounds like your Doctor is taking the p*ss :ugham:

.........my "An Adventure In Sound" is on its way, I think I might end up having the Santana track on infinite loop!

I received this one today and am playing it already...something I haven't done for a long time...these compilation discs are so much fun for me...I'm less critical of the flaws and just enjoy the music...most of which I haven't heard in years...since I don't really listen to the radio...and the only "streaming" I do is once a year at the request of my urologist:spot

View attachment 26171
View attachment 26172
View attachment 26173

I'd complain, sounds like your Doctor is taking the p*ss :ugham:

.........my "An Adventure In Sound" is on its way, I think I might end up having the Santana track on infinite loop!

Duncan, hope you won't be disappointed [like I was] with the Santana Track. I've had the DTS Entertainment mch version for years and was expecting a MAJOR upgrade with the SACD track (like tons of bass), but alas, NOT the case. It's alright. In fact, I'm playing The Collection right now. At almost 80 minutes in length, AF did a splendid job, all in all. You won't be disappointed.

Wasn't really sure if I should create a new thread for this upcoming release (since it's not confirmed if it's Multichannel yet) but a company called Analog Sparks are releasing a new SACD of Meat Loaf's "Bat Out Of Hell" towards the end of July: http://www.amazon.com/Bat-Hell-SACD-Meat-Loaf/dp/B01G3QL83W/

Since it was originally released as a Multichannel SACD, there's always the chance that this reissue could be the same. We'll just have to wait and see… :)

I know, I know...

This has absolutely ZIP to do with music...but this is a great video. No, it's not a music video...just watch the damn thing. It's on CNN...

:)

http://www.cnn.com/videos/tv/2016/05/12/dog-owner-reunite-daily-hit-newday.cnn
first my puppy i got when i was 9 y.o. since then i was quite involved in dog handling, including training (as a hobby) and even schutzhund competitions.
what can i say from my experience - there are no other animal more loyal to his/her owner than dogs are. i have seen the cases of negligence and even
cruel treatment by the owners to their dogs and yet the dogs remains being loyal and loves his master.

Back