ELP Emerson Lake & Palmer Cataloge in 5.1 Surround

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:howl ELP's own store, and other online sellers, STILL say that the 3 disc set includes the 5.1 mix. BUT it looks like Amazon UK and Burning Shed have changed their description so it now reads that the 3 disc's DVDA only includes stereo. It would be nice to get confirmation of this, before I cancelled my 3 disc set, and considered the box set. I'm so pissed off with this, I'm not sure I can be bothered with the box set. I'm still holding out hope - ELP's own website store can't be wrong can it :mad:@:

Hard to tell - the Order Now button takes me to the Box Set, and the "download full press release" is an unreadable (for me) docx format MS Office file.
BTW - when was the meeting that decided MS Office is the de facto standard? PDF is far better - no dodgy office apps needed.

DTS 5.1 = 96 kHz / 24 bits
DTS Master HD = 192 kHz / 24 bits

The sound was remastered from analogic tapes (of course in '73 !) to digital master with "dts" technology (sorry, my english is bad !)

Pardon?????
DTS Core Audio is 48KHz, DTS 96/24 uses extensions to add the additional range.There is no DTS-HD Master Audio on this disc. That is a Blu-Ray form, and very unusual to find as most are 24/96 - 24/192 is extremely rare in 5.1 and I do not think I have a single one.

Master Source 24/96 refers to the transfers - they were done to, er, 24/96 direct & not upsampled.

So, does anyone still care about Trilogy now?

Well, I'm still looking forward this one too. The new mix is not perfect, but the previous one wasn't either. And the new stereo mix in high res is superb!
(I prefer to see the glass half full rather than half empty...)

Well, I'm still looking forward this one too. The new mix is not perfect, but the previous one wasn't either. And the new stereo mix in high res is superb!
(I prefer to see the glass half full rather than half empty...)

Thats right, positive attitude! (and yes, not 100% sure what the complaints were with the SW ELP mixes, but it could be missing bass or organ?)

:mad:@: :mad:@: :mad:@:

1. Is this a trick question?

2. I thought I was the King of posting silly questions.

3. One butchered KarnEvil 3rd Impression track couldn't possibly hold back the ever-burning desire for Trilogy in 5.1.

4. This whole mess with BSS was always simply a diversion while we continue to wait for ELP - Trilogy in 5.1

5. Your answer is "Yes".

Cheers! (y)

Of course!

IMO, it's the only other good ELP album that we don't have in 5.1 surround yet, so once we get "Trilogy" in 5.1, we can close the ELP chapter of 5.1 remixes.

(I'm skeptical that the live albums will sound good in 5.1 if they can even find the tapes, and I don't care for anything from "Works" onwards)

I will get Trilogy as long as no box set only 5.1 is involved and it I priced like the first two. And if by some miracle the 3 disc BSS ends up actually having the 5.1 disc I will probably end up getting it, not holding my breath at this point for that though.

Pardon?????
DTS Core Audio is 48KHz, DTS 96/24 uses extensions to add the additional range.There is no DTS-HD Master Audio on this disc. That is a Blu-Ray form, and very unusual to find as most are 24/96 - 24/192 is extremely rare in 5.1 and I do not think I have a single one.

Master Source 24/96 refers to the transfers - they were done to, er, 24/96 direct & not upsampled.
Here's one:
TrondheimSolistene - SOUVENIR

Pure Audio Blu-ray
DTS HD MA 192kHz/24 bit 5.1
DTS HD MA 96kHz/24 bit 7.1
Auro-3D 96kHz/24 bit 9.1
LPCM 192kHz/24 bit STEREO
mShuttle: FLAC 192kHz + MP3
Region: ABC - worldwide

Source: http://www.2l.no/pages/album/090.html

Of course!

IMO, it's the only other good ELP album that we don't have in 5.1 surround yet, so once we get "Trilogy" in 5.1, we can close the ELP chapter of 5.1 remixes.

(I'm skeptical that the live albums will sound good in 5.1 if they can even find the tapes, and I don't care for anything from "Works" onwards)

I hope a wild horde of "Pirates" pay you a visit and show you a thing or two...

ELP - Pirates in 5.1 would be absolutely epic. :cool:

Canceled my order on amazon.com, i'm convinced there is no 5.1 disc even though amazon says there is. Lost complete interest in this. I'll stick with my DVD-A from 2002.

What angers me and probably most of you is how they did not tell us the 3 disc set did not include a 5.1 mix until the big box had already been out. As I mentioned before I had the big box on order at a great price of only £40 but due to economics I changed my order to the 3 disc set only to find out the bad news a few days later!

It won't surprise me that this stupid decision will screw up sales of this and future issues of other so called deluxe issues.

I'm still looking forward to Trilogy for sure, and not just the 5.1 but also whatever extra bits they decide to include.

Back