Marillion - Misplaced Childhood in 5.1, Steven Wilson mix!

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
28 days from the UK to the states? Are they travelling by sailboat? I've never heard such nonsense! This is an outrage!

28 days from the UK to the states? Are they travelling by sailboat? I've never heard such nonsense! This is an outrage!

I think all shipment estimates from Europe to the US are overestimated to some extent. Unlike shipments from China, which typically do take that long.

Over 20 years of history with frequent purchasing from Marillion/Racket & Fish/ The Company Scotland.

Marillion's Racket shipments:
Shipments usually take 7 days to ship from their Buckinghamshire, England HQ to Long Island, NY
The fine folks at Racket tend to ship the farthest reaching pre-orders out first and then work their way into the closer destinations.
Great attempt for a small shop to get products to arrive as uniformly as possible to an official release date. Their system sometimes glitches on email shipment notifications but the web store provides accurate status updates.
Don't sweat it if the shipment is still pending. Aside from the possibility of a shipment getting lost in the post, Racket does a great job of getting stuff delivered as close as possible to the release date.

Fish's Company Scotland shipments:
Shipments usually take 16 to 20 days to ship from East Lothian, Scotland to Long Island, NY
Fish seems to have a slightly smaller operation when it comes to fulfillment. Typically one office manger, his wife, himself + family & friends for larger releases.
I believe he tends to just to deal with fulfillment in a first-order-first fulfilled method but I have no proof other than the longer shipping times I have experience.

Long live Marillion / Fish!

I just checked Fish's online store (where I purchased to get a signed copy) for news on shipping and apparently, all US and APAC shipments have gone, with EU shipments go today, but UK shipments won't be leaving until Friday, the day of release.

I find it bizarre, in this day and age, that every market bar the home market will most likely be in possession of the product either in advance of, or on the day of release, and yet those of us in the UK will most likely receive ours on Monday, with a few possibly getting theirs on Saturday. I appreciate the need to ship long distance orders well in advance, but I don't understand why UK orders cannot go out until the day of release, meaning we're the last to get the item. Ok, yes, I know. It's a day or two's delay. Big deal. But these kinds of logistical issues should be, and very often are, a thing of the past. :mad::mad:

From Fish's website (in his own words):

"2600 vinyl and cd box sets signed, 500 more to sign on Wednesday when the last shipment of our order arrives from Parlophone.

The packages to North American, Australian, Japanese and other faraway places are now on their way and ones to European and closer overseas places go out from Wednesday.

The UK will be going out from Friday on the official day of release.

Parlophone have announced they are making another production run of the ‘Misplaced Childhood’ Deluxe CD and I have put in another order for 500 more albums. I was disappointed to hear that there isn’t another run on the vinyl versions and I don’t think there will be anytime in the near future."

:rolleyes::mad:

That's interesting though another production run of the Deluxe CD set, so there is no call for surround ?

If you have the right product it will sell?

There were only two editions offered.
1: 5-disc box set (includes Blu-ray & surround mix)
2: 4LP edition

Your statement would have been absolutely true if they were making more vinyl.
The repressing of the disc version could mean a call for surround. I doubt it though.

Back