Marillion - Misplaced Childhood in 5.1, Steven Wilson mix!

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just received mine in the mail and I have to give Racket Records a D- for packing. They took the signed book and just taped cardboard over it without any plastic or other protection from the cardboard. Then they put the cardboard-covered thing inside a thin plastic "envelope" without any padding and airmailed it. My copy arrived with 5 out of the 8 corners damaged in transit due solely to the cardboard leaving the corners exposed. Corners are a bit smashed and bent. NOT happy about that. But I'm not returning it. I'll vote in the poll once I've had a chance to have a listen.

I just received mine in the mail and I have to give Racket Records a D- for packing. They took the signed book and just taped cardboard over it without any plastic or other protection from the cardboard. Then they put the cardboard-covered thing inside a thin plastic "envelope" without any padding and airmailed it. My copy arrived with 5 out of the 8 corners damaged in transit due solely to the cardboard leaving the corners exposed. Corners are a bit smashed and bent. NOT happy about that. But I'm not returning it. I'll vote in the poll once I've had a chance to have a listen.

Mine arrived from Racket, packaged same manner. Only, protective cardboard was at least 3/4" wider than all 4 corners of disc. My corners were slightly bent too, but could not have been caused by poor packaging.
Either Racket received it this way, or they bent them while boxing up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I finally received my copy today and it arrived in [thankfully] mint condition with No bent corners. Sorry to hear that yours arrived with damaged corners but hopefully, the discs are unaffected.

Received my copy today...

2i945r8.jpg

The signatures on my copy look just like in the photo above. It looks like the one on the lower right is Ian Mosley. Any guesses on the other scribbles?

The signatures on my copy look just like in the photo above. It looks like the one on the lower right is Ian Mosley. Any guesses on the other scribbles?

I think lower right one is Mark Kelly, Top one is Trewavas. 2nd from top is Mosley and 3rd from top is Rothery.

But I could be wrong.

For those of you who already have your copies in the US, where did your orders come from?
Sounds like most of them came from Marillion's Racket store.
I ordered my copy from amazon, and it was supposed to have shipped in time for me to receive it today, but now amazon says "In stock on July 24th"

(n) :( :mad: :howl

For those of you who already have your copies in the US, where did your orders come from?
Sounds like most of them came from Marillion's Racket store.
I ordered my copy from amazon, and it was supposed to have shipped in time for me to receive it today, but now amazon says "In stock on July 24th"

(n) :( :mad: :howl

Yep - Marillion's Racket store. Got to Ohio, USA, on July 20.

I just checked Fish's online store (where I purchased to get a signed copy) for news on shipping and apparently, all US and APAC shipments have gone, with EU shipments go today, but UK shipments won't be leaving until Friday, the day of release.

I find it bizarre, in this day and age, that every market bar the home market will most likely be in possession of the product either in advance of, or on the day of release, and yet those of us in the UK will most likely receive ours on Monday, with a few possibly getting theirs on Saturday. I appreciate the need to ship long distance orders well in advance, but I don't understand why UK orders cannot go out until the day of release, meaning we're the last to get the item. Ok, yes, I know. It's a day or two's delay. Big deal. But these kinds of logistical issues should be, and very often are, a thing of the past. :mad::mad:

From Fish's website (in his own words):

"2600 vinyl and cd box sets signed, 500 more to sign on Wednesday when the last shipment of our order arrives from Parlophone.

The packages to North American, Australian, Japanese and other faraway places are now on their way and ones to European and closer overseas places go out from Wednesday.

The UK will be going out from Friday on the official day of release.

Parlophone have announced they are making another production run of the ‘Misplaced Childhood’ Deluxe CD and I have put in another order for 500 more albums. I was disappointed to hear that there isn’t another run on the vinyl versions and I don’t think there will be anytime in the near future."

:rolleyes::mad:

Well I'll be...

My copy just arrived, from Chocolate Frog, signed by the only Marillion vocalist I'll ever officially recognise.

I take everything back. Can. Not. Wait. To. Hear. This. :banana:

20247680_10155362589100499_7148027415272310343_o.jpg

Mine has arrived today from Amazon UK. I'm listening to the surround for the first time and am liking it so far. What I don't like is that the sticker was on the front cover underneath the shrinkwrap, so directly on the cover itself. I took the sticker off carefully, but in doing so it removed a lot of the picture from the cover underneath. So I'm left with an ugly, sticker shaped mark on the cover :mad:. Has anyone else had this issue?

Mine has arrived today from Amazon UK. I'm listening to the surround for the first time and am liking it so far. What I don't like is that the sticker was on the front cover underneath the shrinkwrap, so directly on the cover itself. I took the sticker off carefully, but in doing so it removed a lot of the picture from the cover underneath. So I'm left with an ugly, sticker shaped mark on the cover :mad:. Has anyone else had this issue?

Mine arrived with the shrinkwrap torn so that Fish could sign it. There was no hype sticker on it, so I guess it went when they tore the wrapping. I saw some pictures on Fish's site and they clearly showed the sticker on the shrinkwrap, not the cover.

IMG_40101.jpg

Two thirds of the way through my first listen and I am more than impressed with this mix!!

A few more listens before I leave a rating and a review...

My copy from Amazon UK had sticker on the shrinkwrap not on the actual cover....strange that they are not all the same (from the same source)

Listened to the multichannel mix a couple of hours ago. I liked pretty much all of it, save for the moment in Blind Curve, when Fish repeats five times "The Childhood". It goes once for every channel, ending in the center front channel. And while on the regular stereo mix the last "The Childhood" is quite powerful, before the musical explosion... here I find it too soft.
Apart from this, several great immersive moments spread throughout the album.

Got it today from Amazon Italy, sticker on the shrinkwrap (I would have been enraged otherwise).

Yes, and it's infuriating. They obviously had to remove the shrinkwrap in order to get the signatures, but they stupidly put the hype sticker on the front cover. When I removed it, some of the color underneath came off with it. Not a lot, but it is obvious.

I reported earlier that the corners on mine were bent/smashed in transit because of inadequate packaging. I will NOT buy anything from Racket again. Seriously pissed off!

Back