New Dolby Atmos BluRay discs from Rhino

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Formal announcement 3/28/24 but I couldn't wait....
View attachment 103913
This is incredible news!
Definitely in for the Doors & Fleetwood Mac titles, but might also get the other 2 if it helps get free shipping and also helps ensure that future titles get released!

And speaking of future titles...
I sincerely hope "Rumors" sells well enough that "Fleetwood Mac (75)", "Tusk", and "Mirage" will be released in a similar fashion, not only because it would be great to have those Atmos mixes on physical disc, but it would also be great to finally get those 5.1 mixes in lossless quality as well, especially FM 75.

Grateful Dead and Talking Heads titles would also be other great titles to upgrade as well

:)

This is incredible news!
Definitely in for the Doors & Fleetwood Mac titles, but might also get the other 2 if it helps get free shipping and also helps ensure that future titles get released!

And speaking of future titles...
I sincerely hope "Rumors" sells well enough that "Fleetwood Mac (75)", "Tusk", and "Mirage" will be released in a similar fashion, not only because it would be great to have those Atmos mixes on physical disc, but it would also be great to finally get those 5.1 mixes in lossless quality as well, especially FM 75.

Grateful Dead and Talking Heads titles would also be other great titles to upgrade as well

Go back even further. Mystery To Me, Bare Trees, Penguin, etc.

Go back even further. Mystery To Me, Bare Trees, Penguin, etc.
that would require them to remix those albums in Dolby Atmos (and maybe 5.1 too)
The other ones I mentioned (FM75, Tusk, and Mirage) have already been mixed and released in both 5.1 and Dolby Atmos, so those would be a lot easier for Rhino to release and profit off of

that would require them to remix those albums in Dolby Atmos (and maybe 5.1 too)
The other ones I mentioned (FM75, Tusk, and Mirage) have already been mixed and released in both 5.1 and Dolby Atmos, so those would be a lot easier for Rhino to release and profit off of

...and so....? Some of we here go back a few years. lol.

giphy.gif

...and so....? Some of we here go back a few years. lol.
The point being that it seems unlikely this series will feature any newly commissioned Dolby Atmos or 5.1 mixes, merely existing ones done for streaming and not yet released physically or in lossless.

giphy.gif

The point being that it seems unlikely this series will feature any newly commissioned Dolby Atmos or 5.1 mixes, merely existing ones done for streaming and not yet released physically or in lossless.

From what I've seen, that is a lot of material and a godsend to those of us who are low-res streaming holdouts.

Has anyone heard these Atmos mixes on streaming and can give impressions? I'd like to know if there are any weak ones or any especially great ones.
The Doors Atmos mixes are outstanding, and the earlier recorded stuff really pops out with the new mixes. That's why I hope we can get it all some day. I quite enjoyed the Atmos mix of Jagged Little Pill as well..

Not to be a Debbie Downer and just in the interest of open dialogue - unfortunately I found the Rumours Atmos mix quite underwhelming (Mirage and Tusk are the good Atmos mixes tbh) but it does come with the much better 5.1 mix. And of course it's one of the greatest records of all time... I'd need to listen to the Hootie again but I don't remember it blowing socks off... I'm sure they'll be greatly enhanced by being in lossless though...

It's such a cool sign we could be getting albums released as stand alone releases. I'd defo recommend adding these from WEA to the pile for contention @ForagingRhino

Classic albums with great Atmos mixes (and some previous mch)
Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers - Wildflowers / Greatest Hits / Mojo (Plus more hopefully)
Joni Mitchell - The Hissing Of Summer Lawns / For The Roses / Court And Spark / Miles Of Aisles (Live)
Carly Simon - No Secrets
Talking Heads - Full Back Catalogue
The Doors - Full Back Catalogue
Neil Young - Full Back catalogue
Chic - Risqué / Chic / C’est Chic / Tongue In Chic
Sister Sledge - We Are Family
Grateful Dead - American Beauty
Al Green - Greatest Hits
Grover Washington Jnr. - Winelight
LINKIN PARK - Hybrid Theory (Great Atmos mix not on streaming anymore)
Madonna - The Immaculate Collection (Some good mixes on certain songs)

Some cool modern stuff
Coldplay - Everyday Life (Not A Rush Of Blood To The Head though as the Atmos mix is pretty bad)
Robert Plant & Alison Krauss - Raise The Roof
Lake Street Dive - Obviously
Gorillaz - Cracker Island
Liam Gallagher - C’MON YOU KNOW
Foals - Life Is Yours
Portugal. The Man - Woodstock
Molly Tuttle - City Of Gold
William Orbit - The Painter

Classical albums that have brilliant Atmos mixes
Warner Classics - Spatial Audio - The 3D Orchestral Collection
Warner Classics - Spatial Audio - The 3D Film Music Collection
Warner Classics - Ben Gernon / LPO - The 3D Classical Collection

The great grazer said both Hootie & Alanis would be able to order today, and ship today. Well, "ship" The Doors & Rumours would be a pre-order.

Latest posts

Back