New Steven Wilson Album confirmed, titled and tour announced!

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dutchies can also order from Plato, http://www.platomania.eu/album/2469025/hand-cannot-erase/wilson-steven

Jpc.de will also be selling the deluxe set.

Contents of the deluxe set,

'Hand. Cannot. Erase.' is the highly anticipated fourth studio album from Steven Wilson - four-time Grammy nominee and founder member of cult legends, Porcupine Tree.

The album is presented in an elaborately designed 96 page case-bound book, with several additional inserts - including a diary, a sketchbook, newspaper cutting, a letter etc - featuring artwork by long-term SW collaborators Lasse Hoile (photography), Hajo Mueller (illustrations) and Carl Glover (design).

Contents include:

- Hand. Cannot. Erase. album CD
- Original demos CD (exclusive to this edition and including music that did not make the final album)
- Blu-Ray containing hi resolution stereo & 5.1 audio (96/24 5.1 LPCM & DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1), seven additional alternative versions, mixes & radio edits, half-hour studio documentary, studio sessions photo gallery
- DVD-V containing stereo & 5.1 audio (DTS 96/24 5.1 & 96/24 Stereo LPCM)
The album follows the critical and commercial success of 2013's 'The Raven That Refused To Sing' (Germany #3, UK# 28) and an international run of sold-out shows, including London's prestigious Royal Albert Hall.

Joined by Guthrie Govan (guitar), Adam Holzman (keyboards), Nick Beggs (bass / stick), and Marco Minneman (drums) - all part of the world-class band that graced The Raven and the 2013/2014 world tours - Wilson recorded 'Hand. Cannot. Erase.' at the renowned Air Studios in London.

Pre-order for 2nd March 2015 release.

CD 1:

1 First Regret (2:01)
2 3 Years Older (10:18)
3 Hand Cannot Erase (4:13)
4 Perfect Life (4:43)
5 Routine (8:58)
6 Home Invasion (6:24)
7 Regret #9 (5:01)
8 Transience (2:45)
9 Ancestral (13:30)
10 Happy Returns (6:00)
11 Ascendant Here On... (1:54)

CD 2 - Extras:

1 First Regret (Demo) (2:28)
2 3 Years Older (Demo) (11:47)
3 Hand Cannot Erase (Demo) (4:52)
4 Routine (Demo) (10:06)
5 Key Of Skeleton (Demo) (4:06)
6 Ancestral (Demo) (13:42)
7 Happy Returns (Demo) (5:42)
8 Last Regret (Demo) (3:08)

Blu-Ray:

1 First Regret (2:01)
2 3 Years Older (10:18)
3 Hand Cannot Erase (4:13)
4 Perfect Life (4:43)
5 Routine (8:58)
6 Home Invasion (6:24)
7 Regret #9 (5:01)
8 Transience (2:45)
9 Ancestral (13:30)
10 Happy Returns (6:00)
11 Ascendant Here On... (1:54)

Bonus Material:

Instrumental Versions of all album tracks (96/24 Stereo LPCM)
Studio Documentary filmed and edited by Lasse Hoile - 29 minutes
Photo Gallery - 36 photos from the studio sessions
First Regret (Alternate Mix) (2:05)
Hand Cannot Erase (Radio Edit) (3:25)
Perfect Life (Grand Union Mix) (7:43)
Routine (Ninet Solo Vocal Version) (8:58)
Regret #9 (Alternate Take) (4:17)
Happy Returns (Radio Edit) (3:53)
Piano Themes From Hand Cannot Erase

dvd-v:

5.1 + Hi-Res stereo mix of each track (DTS 96/24 5.1 & 96/24 Stereo LPCM)

Extras:

Studio Documentary - 29 Minutes
(Filmed and Edited by Lasse Hoile)
Photo Gallery
(36 photos from the studio sessions)

image.jpg

Pretty neat set. Lots of music with the demo's and instrumentals. The book is extra special too, with the separate inserts :) nice.

Those who order the stand alone bda, also get a download card for FLAC and mp3 versions. Nothing about stereo or 5.1 downloads though.

- A download card with a unique code for FLAC and mp3 versions of the album

Pre-ordered the deluxe from BS, might also grab a standalone blu-ray later on as my "play" copy.

There goes more of my money, especially after I just bought the deluxe set of "Reckless", but hey, it will be worth it!
I love my deluxe books for "Grace For Drowning" and "The Raven", so I have high expectations for this album! :)

Hey- I'm looking to spring for the box set, due to it having the 2 CD's and the addition of the DVD-V disc. Whilst I love everything BS does, Top to Bottom, I so wish their shipping was cheaper to the US (and I have faith that BS does all they can to give us THE best price concerning shipping rates). In the case of the Deluxe Edition (w/shipping)- $105.45 from BS ($80.50 base price) and $110.98 from Newbury Comics ($99.99 base price). I know- WahWah. :)

Hey- I'm looking to spring for the box set, due to it having the 2 CD's and the addition of the DVD-V disc. Whilst I love everything BS does, Top to Bottom, I so wish their shipping was cheaper to the US (and I have faith that BS does all they can to give us THE best price concerning shipping rates). In the case of the Deluxe Edition (w/shipping)- $105.45 from BS ($80.50 base price) and $110.98 from Newbury Comics ($99.99 base price). I know- WahWah. :)

Eventually it will show up on Amazon.com and shipping will be free.

Ordered the Box Set from Burning Shed. If you try via Steven Wilson's own site you're directed to the Burning Shed pages anyway.

Really looking forward to this one.

The title track of "Hand Cannot Erase" is now available to purchase on iTunes.

Overall I really like it from a musical perspective. Lyrically it's a little suspect at times but it grew a little more on me after the 2nd listen. Reminds me of something he would write for Blackfield.

Back