Roxy Music - Roxy Music (1st album 1972) on 5.1 DVD mixed by Steven Wilson!

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There's an interview with Andy Mackay today over at SDE. He had this to say about the 5.1 mix:

The article also ends with the following:

If the record company really wanted to boost sales... all they would have to do is re-issue Avalon...they wouldn't have to remix or remaster the surround version..of course a lot of us on here would have to be talked off the ledge of a tall building...considering what we paid for that SACD...I know a lot of fans have never heard the surround version...due to the cost..

If the record company really wanted to boost sales... all they would have to do is re-issue Avalon...they wouldn't have to remix or remaster the surround version..of course a lot of us on here would have to be talked off the ledge of a tall building...considering what we paid for that SACD...I know a lot of fans have never heard the surround version...due to the cost..

Back in 2014-2015, when Universal were regularly releasing High Fidelity Pure Audio Blu-Ray releases, I did request several times that they reissue both "Avalon" and "Boys & Girls" (Bryan Ferry's follow-up solo album) on the HFPA Blu-Ray format, cause I hated the fact that they were not only out of print but that they were only available on SACD, especially since I now have a car that can 5.1 DTSCDs and DVD-Audio discs, so I want(ed) the ability to create my own DVD-A versions of both albums from an easy-to-work-with digital source.
Of course, Universal appear to have stopped all production of single HFPA Blu-ray Discs, which is a shame because besides those titles, I also wanted them to the do the same with the Elton John 5.1 titles, both the ones that have already been released on SACD and the four which still linger in the vaults...

did your order show up???:mad:@:

Nope...it actually made it here to the local post office..but wasn't delivered today...because these items are sent by media mail...there is no rush when they come in at the last minute...I have the luxury of seeing when they got to my destination city and it would have been difficult to get it ready for today's deliveries...really it's not bad at all in terms of delivery time..about 8 days...which is faster than usual...

How about you...you should have gotten yours from amazon..

Nope...it actually made it here to the local post office..but wasn't delivered today...because these items are sent by media mail...there is no rush when they come in at the last minute...I have the luxury of seeing when they got to my destination city and it would have been difficult to get it ready for today's deliveries...really it's not bad at all in terms of delivery time..about 8 days...which is faster than usual...

How about you...you should have gotten yours from amazon..

Yeah - I got it Monday! It is one heavy package. :)
I haven't opened it yet..... :yikes

:yikes Snood been :kaboom by amazon.ca. I wonder how many they were sent? I checked my order and it says preparing for shipment!

Well Snood just got off the chat with Amazon Canada -asking why it has not been shipped as yet. Snood was told they have not been sent stock and it might ship in 1 to 2 months :yikes

Was like ummmmm looking at the site and it says in stock, was told well those are by 3rd party and mine was ordered through Amazon and stock has not arrived or some BS :rolleyes:

Got a 10 dollar promotional credit argh :howl - they offered 5 and me said how bout 10

So can only sit and wait and hope they do not cancel over no stock :howl

Weird thing is they pre charged my card 103 dollars last week a couple days before Feb 2nd then canceled the charge a day or 2 after :howl:howl:howl:howl - went to check my card balance and since I paid it already sitting with a negative 103 plus balance. :rolleyes:

Here is an example of why people buy these signed copies...and also what happens if you don't read these forums and get low prices on articles...keep in mind that there are 17 people watching this item...HERE

I suspect that the majority of the watchers are other "re-sellers" looking to see if this gets purchased at such a price. The seller has it as a buy now item not a bid item so I do not think there is really much reason to watch it other than to see if it sells. Maybe you would watch it as a reminder to make a lower offer on it once it sits there without selling after a few weeks.

I kinda have a disdain for investment buyers of this sort (clearly buying something with the speculation of reselling at a profit immediately). Especially when they get their hands on something I would have bought at the market price but for whatever reason I couldn't secure a purchase through retail channels.

This particular one not so much though, I was not going to buy it $159.00 anyway. I hope he isn't a fan and gets stuck with it or has to sell it at a loss.

I suspect that the majority of the watchers are other "re-sellers" looking to see if this gets purchased at such a price. The seller has it as a buy now item not a bid item so I do not think there is really much reason to watch it other than to see if it sells. Maybe you would watch it as a reminder to make a lower offer on it once it sits there without selling after a few weeks.

I kinda have a disdain for investment buyers of this sort (clearly buying something with the speculation of reselling at a profit immediately). Especially when they get their hands on something I would have bought at the market price but for whatever reason I couldn't secure a purchase through retail channels.

This particular one not so much though, I was not going to buy it $159.00 anyway. I hope he isn't a fan and gets stuck with it or has to sell it at a loss.

All good points...people will watch so they can set the "market price"...I just wonder how many of those 500 sets were purchased by "resellers"..

Here is an example of why people buy these signed copies...and also what happens if you don't read these forums and get low prices on articles...keep in mind that there are 17 people watching this item...HERE

What is even worse to me is what goes on with concert tickets. A year or so ago Paul McCartney did a tour stop nearby in Buffalo NY. A week ago Elton John scheduled one for his farewell tour. In both cases the entire venue (the large hockey arena where the Sabres play) sold out in less than 10 minutes. When I went on line to get tickets I was put into a queue, only to be told a few minutes later that no tickets were available. In less than an hour there were hundreds of these tickets available on the aftermarket sites with markups of 3-5 times face value. The local television station followed up on complaints from the fans and explained how resellers use phone bots to grab all the available tickets in a matter of minutes. Compounding the problem is the availability of tickets to premium credit card holders before they go on sale to the general public. Several politicians offered a lot of lip service about preventing this after the McCartney issue, but a year later the same thing happened again with the Elton John show.

In the case of the McCartney show, there were people in line at the venue box office who had been there for quite some time. The box office opened and sold tickets to the first 8 or 10 customers (max 4 tix per person I think), and then closed down because the tickets supply was already exhausted.

Enough is enough with this BS. Apparently being a lifelong fan doesn't count anymore. You have to be a lifelong RICH fan to see McCartney or Elton John. What I wished McCartney had done at the time was schedule a second show the next day after he realized the first one had sold out so quickly. It would have dropped the aftermarket asking price significantly.

Justin Timberlake is the superstar show that's up next (not my cup of tea), and I'll bet it all happens again. :howl

Just got a notification that my order of the first Roxy Music album has been shipped by Amazon.ca with an arrival date of February 14, 2018. So there is
hope for those who ordered from that source!

Best of luck to those who ordered from Amazon.ca.

Jim

Just got a notification that my order of the first Roxy Music album has been shipped by Amazon.ca with an arrival date of February 14, 2018. So there is
hope for those who ordered from that source!

Best of luck to those who ordered from Amazon.ca.

Jim

Ahhhh crud U are in Canada Snood Florida.........no email yet :howl Thank you tho :banana:

Got my copy a couple of days ago. I even got a bit of a refund as shown below. Message from Amazon below.

Here's a detailed breakdown of your refund:

Item Refund: CDN$ 0.25
Item Tax Refund: CDN$ 0.04

The package is huge, most of it is the book! The CD's and DVD are tucked away on the last page.

Got my copy a couple of days ago. I even got a bit of a refund as shown below. Message from Amazon below.

Here's a detailed breakdown of your refund:

Item Refund: CDN$ 0.25
Item Tax Refund: CDN$ 0.04

:bounce17:bounce17:bounce17: Snood gonna retire on that shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii.............Wait Whaaaaaaaaaaaaa:yikes

Back