Jethro Tull - A Passion Play CD/DVD set - Burning Shed pre-order

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
After Songs From The Wood, please. (y) Or how bout both at the same time. :)

Skating Away is a nice surprise as a bonus and will ease the wait until Warchild.

I see no reason why they won't continue to follow the original release order ("War Child", "Minstrel…" "Too Old…" "Songs from the Wood", etc)
So you will probably have to wait a few years for "Songs from the Wood", but it is a favorite of both SW and IA, so I think it's only a matter of time before we hear it. :)

Just got the word:

Burning Shed has posted for shipment!

Passion Play is on the way ! :smokin

I see no reason why they won't continue to follow the original release order ("War Child", "Minstrel…" "Too Old…" "Songs from the Wood", etc)
So you will probably have to wait a few years for "Songs from the Wood", but it is a favorite of both SW and IA, so I think it's only a matter of time before we hear it. :)

I wonder if Steven Wilson will be involved with any future remixes, he hasn't mentioned anything, nor Ian, who usually says something first. I see Jakko did the mix on Ian's latest disc, maybe he'll be doing the rest of the Tull stuff.

I wonder if Steven Wilson will be involved with any future remixes, he hasn't mentioned anything, nor Ian, who usually says something first. I see Jakko did the mix on Ian's latest disc, maybe he'll be doing the rest of the Tull stuff.

Steven. Wilson was suposed to mix Homo Erraticus but was ill at the time, so Jakko stepped in. I guess SW will continue to remix Jethro Tull.

Steven. Wilson was suposed to mix Homo Erraticus but was ill at the time, so Jakko stepped in. I guess SW will continue to remix Jethro Tull.

Jakko did a fine job and the disc was actually more dynamic than most of SW titles.

When you check the credits and you wonder who the hell is John Norman, well that would be me. I guess posting on the internet :D about Tull pays off after all.

APPcredits.jpg
Cheers!
JohnN
tootull

Yes Warchild soon please. Skating on the Chateau 5.1 disc is sublime.

I just received mine today. I played "Skating" and it sounded mono. Almost entirely center channel for all instruments
with just a faint whisper in the 4 other speakers. I thought my system perhaps had a problem so I then played
Nektar - Remember The Future and that was fine. All kinds of music all over the place!(y)

-Edit-

Looks like there is an HDMI bug with DTS and this disc and my Onkyo TR717 receiver in decoding.

Last edited:
I just received mine today. I played "Skating" and it sounded mono. Almost entirely center channel for all instruments
with just a faint whisper in the 4 other speakers. I thought my system perhaps had a problem so I then played
Nektar - Remember The Future and that was fine. All kinds of music all over the place!(y)

SW seems obsessed with the center speaker. "Skating" was horrible. I give it a 2 when compared to the old quad mix I have
of Warchild.

I have to say I am confused :confused:. I've just listened to Skating in 5.1 again and it IS sublime. Discrete instruments (flutes, glockenspiel, guitars, drums) coming from all 5 speakers, not mono, well balanced and not faint at all. Hopefully you haven't got a disc problem. Were you definitely on the disc's DTS 5.1 option?

I'm loving the screen on the Chateau disc too - a slide of live band photos changing as the disc plays.

I have to say I am confused :confused:. I've just listened to Skating in 5.1 again and it IS sublime. Discrete instruments (flutes, glockenspiel, guitars, drums) coming from all 5 speakers, not mono, well balanced and not faint at all. Hopefully you haven't got a disc problem. Were you definitely on the disc's DTS 5.1 option?

I'm loving the screen on the Chateau disc too - a slide of live band photos changing as the disc plays.

Great to hear it seems to be me. I play DTS with my Oppo 980 via HDMI. My Onkyo 717 receiver decodes the DTS. Other DTS discs play fine.
But I am learning that certain DTS discs seem to play everything in the center only(the receiver shows 5.1 channels being decoded). Then I must reset my receiver and then the DTS plays properly in all channels. I think Thick As A Brick did this problem as well...

Glad you are enjoying the disc. I must try it again when I get home from work tonight....

Great to hear it seems to be me. I play DTS with my Oppo 980 via HDMI. My Onkyo 717 receiver decodes the DTS. Other DTS discs play fine.
But I am learning that certain DTS discs seem to play everything in the center only(the receiver shows 5.1 channels being decoded). Then I must reset my receiver and then the DTS plays properly in all channels. I think Thick As A Brick did this problem as well...

Glad you are enjoying the disc. I must try it again when I get home from work tonight....

You should not be allowed to vote for anything!
Your setup, my friend, makes you vote by rolling the dice! :rolleyes:

You should not be allowed to vote for anything!
Your setup, my friend, makes you vote by rolling the dice! :rolleyes:

Ah...hem....

Very witty Laddie, you even got a few laughs(likes) with this one...

How bout I vote "ones" from now on??? That will really skew the polls into the toilet.:smack:

@Timbre: Nice new avatar. (y) We're all still waiting for the next YES 5.1 announcement...

DMJ continue to vote your conscience and give no thought to sabotage on the ratings.

My Passion Play arrived today and I played the 2014 stereo mix on a round trip this evening and was over joyed. Seemed like I had to turn it up for being soft then realizing this was specifically because the dynamic range seemed to be intact! Tomorrow the 5.1 version and Chateau ASAP.

From QQ deep space

DMJ continue to vote your conscience and give no thought to sabotage on the ratings.

My Passion Play arrived today and I played the 2014 stereo mix on a round trip this evening and was over joyed. Seemed like I had to turn it up for being soft then realizing this was specifically because the dynamic range seemed to be intact! Tomorrow the 5.1 version and Chateau ASAP.

No worries m8, rest assured I will continue to use the exact same method & careful consideration I always have. ;) iMachine & I are just doing what we do best(I teach him how to vote - I think he is finally getting it!)

I've played the 5.1 mix of PP and the mix is typical SW excellence. But.... exactly like the folks who do NOT like Tales From Topographic Oceans(which I am not one of...) I never really connected with A Passion Play. So I will play it several more times to see if it grows on me now I have it in 5.1, before I vote. But for sure the 5.1 mix is a 10. I wonder which Tull is up next?

No worries m8, rest assured I will continue to use the exact same method & careful consideration I always have. ;) iMachine & I are just doing what we do best(I teach him how to vote - I think he is finally getting it!)

I've played the 5.1 mix of PP and the mix is typical SW excellence. But.... exactly like the folks who do NOT like Tales From Topographic Oceans(which I am not one of...) I never really connected with A Passion Play. So I will play it several more times to see if it grows on me now I have it in 5.1, before I vote. But for sure the 5.1 mix is a 10. I wonder which Tull is up next?

As much as I love the SW mixes the content on A Passion Play just doesn't interest me:(. I've tried to like it over the years but it just doesn't resonate with me. I don't need another "demo disc" that I won't listen to.

No worries m8, rest assured I will continue to use the exact same method & careful consideration I always have. ;) iMachine & I are just doing what we do best(I teach him how to vote - I think he is finally getting it!) I've played the 5.1 mix of PP and the mix is typical SW excellence. But.... exactly like the folks who do NOT like Tales From Topographic Oceans(which I am not one of...) I never really connected with A Passion Play. So I will play it several more times to see if it grows on me now I have it in 5.1, before I vote. But for sure the 5.1 mix is a 10. I wonder which Tull is up next?

For me it's the exact opposite in that I connected with "A Passion Play" before "Tales" (and still prefer the former)
The pros of APP is that it has more drive and energy to it than Tales and since it's half the length of Tales, it makes it an easier listen for me.
One thing these albums do share in common (besides being released in the same year) is that Steven is convinced that the remixes of both of these albums will receive much greater acclaim than the original albums received when they were released.
And they will both work really well in surround as well.
That does it for my 1,000th post! :)

Back