Pink Floyd - Division Bell announcement 5.1 ? Possible release ?

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's just a Jedi Mind Trick, when you don't have any to sell, you can charge whatever you want, get it:xp:

Exactly.png

well...the eternal optimist...perhaps they are ramping up to sell a stand alone Blu Ray!?!! lol

Serious question: Do they have Amish towns that far west in PA?

In truth I do not know....the Amish that I am aware of live primarily in central PA [the area known as Pennsyltucky ;)] in Lancaster County...I don't recall seeing Amish people while growing up, but then again, that doesn't mean they weren't there.

well dare I say it (and delete this post if I'm going to far) ....but it hasn't taken long for pirates to launch with it into cyberspace

I guess this would happen eventually whether they press up more or not..?

the distinction being that if more copies were made at least PF fans and surround folks would have the option of buying it.

how many times have QQ members had to resort to downloading these kinds of things because the surround music they want to buy is either out of print or priced out of this world!? Bonkers :mad:@:

It's just a Jedi Mind Trick, when you don't have any to sell, you can charge whatever you want, get it:xp:

:mad:@: :mad:@: :mad:@:

No. I don't get it at all. Trust me my Lad, I've taken things from people and given them nothing in return, Its a dicey & sorted business and I don't recommend it unless
you want to wear a black mask and carry around two pistols all the time.

Right:

Colonel.jpg

I've ben informed there has been too much silliness in the Pink Floyd - Division Bell poll so I am doing my part to "bring it on home" so to speak. Ahem...

You watch. When the endless river gets released the rumoured 5.1 mix will only be available as part of an expensive box set.

If they plan to release TDB 5.1 as a standalone blu ray, fine. If they think they're going to drive more dollars to box sets forget it. Someone is calling the shots about this or there is plain incompetence in the business plan. Usually when a seller finds a demand for his product, he makes more available so he can make a profit. Only in the music industry have I experienced the problem of not being able to buy a new product on its release. Remember the special DTS Porcupine Tree edition that was gone on its first day of sale?

Ola Jefe Uno, :)

Though I'm loathe to defend the recording industry, sometimes there is simply an underestimating in demand for up & coming artists like Porcupine Tree, but yes, I agree with your point completely.
There is no excuse whatsoever for the Division Bell DVD nonsense.

It does seem that the recording industry is trying to change a bit but haven't yet got the expertise on releasing product world wide yet. TDB DVD was first sold via England's PF store, then they offered it on the USA store, now it is out of stock. They clearly do not know what they are doing. I bet things will get better with future releases. The Power & Glory Steven Wilson 5.1 has gone off without a hitch and everybody seems to be able to get a copy. I will keep the faith. :D

Although the high priced box sets annoy me, life is short, I will remain happy & joyous and play the shit out of the 5.1 mixes I do have. One thing for sure:

Record companies overprice their stuff = Same stuff showing up on the internet and people getting it from there for free. People love their music and people will hear their music!

:phones

Oh Thank you! Order placed! Im not going to be left out again...
If they had offered a stand alone bluray for more I would have jumped on that! They are still leaving dollars on the floor......

Well, what to say ? I've just received mine and it's exactly what you other fellows said : the music is living, breathing, the oversall sound is intact but there's so much more space and details it's nothing short of a miracle.

One of the very, very best surround releases of this year, which is already a heaven-sent year for 5.1 buffs.

BTW, I also received Rob Reed's Sanctuary, and believe me or not but it's in this year's top 3 also ^^ A great day for fredom (of sound spatialization) ^^

I am guessing that maybe Jon should consider marketing QQ to the major labels for advertising when surround titles come out. We just might become profitable! I am sure more than a few surround titles success is due in BIG part to us talking them up. I mean, we already have the ears of Steven Wilson, Andy Jackson, et al.

I am guessing that maybe Jon should consider marketing QQ to the major labels for advertising when surround titles come out. We just might become profitable! I am sure more than a few surround titles success is due in BIG part to us talking them up. I mean, we already have the ears of Steven Wilson, Andy Jackson, et al.

There are members here doing a lot for surround music in all sorts of ways but we can never do enough, we have to hammer home the message to the labels that there IS a market for surround music and a real hotbed of activity and interest here.

Meantime, I wonder whether any labels have considered doing some crowdfunding or kickstarting campaigns to finance future surround music releases.. that would really show just how much genuine interest there actually is..?

I know that if it weren't for you guys talking up the new releases, I'd not be broke, and I would only be buying used stuff I already know.

EDIT: This is where I say Thanks!

Back