Chicago Quadio - 9 Quad Albums on Blu-ray Audio.

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Can anybody let me know what else was in the cardboard sleeve of Chicago VII? Evidently there are two replica sleeves. Was there a lyric sheet, booklet, or mini poster?

-- Greg

Nope, I get that the double albums are presented on 1 disc. I am definitely missing the disc unless I can't count to 9.
For salsdali, I am assuming that the double albums have two slip sleeves to replicate the original vinyl release. The other double album has two replica sleeves. One empty and one with the disc.

For VII there is just the sleeve for sides 3 & 4

--Greg

Ah then you're missing the VII BD-A Disc and the sleeve for Sides 1 & 2, I guess :(
Better make an appointment to see Dr. Rhino :(

Can anybody let me know what else was in the cardboard sleeve of Chicago VII? Evidently there are two replica sleeves. Was there a lyric sheet, booklet, or mini poster?

-- Greg

Here are the contents of VII..I supplied the white sheet of paper for a background...just 2 replica sleeves and the disc and it's protective cover..

001.jpg
002.jpg

To get an idea of the size of this box set..you can see how much smaller(and I like that)it is next to the "mondo" box set of aqualung...not having the vinyl really trims the size down...for ME I love the size of it...of course I'm in the minority as I'm not a fan of including all these books and accessories with these sets...this set is the perfect size for me:)...and you can see it next to a SACD title

001.jpg
002.jpg
003.jpg
004.jpg

To get an idea of the size of this box set..you can see how much smaller(and I like that)it is next to the "mondo" box set of aqualung...not having the vinyl really trims the size down...for ME I love the size of it...of course I'm in the minority as I'm not a fan of including all these books and accessories with these sets...this set is the perfect size for me:)...and you can see it next to a SACD title

View attachment 26533
View attachment 26534
View attachment 26535
View attachment 26536

Heck yeah. I love the compactness of Quadio as well. In fact, when the box arrived I sort of thought... "This cannot be Quadio". Then opened it....
A side note. I had ordered mine from Import CD's...and in this particular case I was NOT impressed with their packaging. Quadio was in a cheapo, cardboard box....no protection whatsoever. In fact, the box was so beat up and scarred I swear it was a used box. Odd. I was fully expecting to find damage to Quadio, but I lucked out.

The "Quadradisc" logo is KILLIN' ME---!!!!

Anybody know why they put it in there?
, as we all know, this wasn't a CD-4 LP, it was a RIVAL COMPANY and system.....the Columbia "QUADRAPHONIC" would have been more suitable (obviously WITHOUT the "SQ" LOGO or the "blurb")

Heck yeah. I love the compactness of Quadio as well. In fact, when the box arrived I sort of thought... "This cannot be Quadio". Then opened it....
A side note. I had ordered mine from Import CD's...and in this particular case I was NOT impressed with their packaging. Quadio was in a cheapo, cardboard box....no protection whatsoever. In fact, the box was so beat up and scarred I swear it was a used box. Odd. I was fully expecting to find damage to Quadio, but I lucked out.

That's funny because I had the same impressions when I got the package...mine too had some external damage but the item was perfect..I had bought box sets from importcds in the past and they were very well boxed...maybe because it was a box(the set)within a box they felt it was enough...and they were right...as long as it came undamaged that's all that counts for me..

That's funny because I had the same impressions when I got the package...mine too had some external damage but the item was perfect..I had bought box sets from importcds in the past and they were very well boxed...maybe because it was a box(the set)within a box they felt it was enough...and they were right...as long as it came undamaged that's all that counts for me..

Yep. Your post number (5555) jumped out and slapped me in the face. Funny how numbers jump off the screen sometimes.....as if to say "LOOK AT ME".

Yep. Your post number (5555) jumped out and slapped me in the face. Funny how numbers jump off the screen sometimes.....as if to say "LOOK AT ME".

I think it jumped out at you because you have undergone a huge transition...you have the "vinyl" effect going for you...it has introduced some "trippy" elements in your life...you notice numbers now...there is an extra bounce in your stride....your inner "hippy" has surfaced...some call it a mid life crisis...but you aren't buying sports cars and chasing young women..instead you have embarked on a musical journey...that turntable has been like a time machine for you...a "way back" machine that has unlocked memories from the past...I've seen this happen before...I could see the signs several months ago...as Chevy Chase said..."be the ball"

caddyshack-betheball.jpg

Yup, I love the packaging as well. It'll lay down or stand up and I like how when opened I can see all the discs and access the one I want without disturbing the rest. Hard to believe there are nine discs in there! For now it gets a prominent place on the display shelf :) Greg: like Clint posted, two sleeves and one disc, hope you get a replacement for the one you have missing...:(

IMG_1130_zpsbhmqdgfo.jpg
IMG_1134_zpsgxhkp7kk.jpg

What a great email to Rhino! There was also another email on here from someone about suggestions for more QUADIOs, but was lost with the purge glitch that deleted posts.

Anyway, I wrote to them also the following:

Hello,

Just wanted to say thank you for the fabulous Chicago QUADIO box and releasing these great QUAD mixes finally on high-res Bluray Audio!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The sound and mixes are great!

Can we expect more? Pleeeeease!! I think you may have some other artists that would be great sellers in Quadio Bluray Audio box sets, like the Doobie Brothers (please include the four albums done in original quad (without the 5.1 remix done for DVD-Audio in the early 2000's) plus the rumored quad mix of Minute by Minute, never released) and Carly Simon's QUADs. Please pass this along to your planners.

Forever greatful,

Now, the good news was that we GOT the QUADIO Chicago box.
Now for their answer to my email (the bad news):

Dear ,

Thank you for your email and your feedback!

We do not have current plans for further releases, but I will forward your message to our suggestion box.

Dr. Rhino

The "Quadradisc" logo is KILLIN' ME---!!!!

Anybody know why they put it in there?
, as we all know, this wasn't a CD-4 LP, it was a RIVAL COMPANY and system.....the Columbia "QUADRAPHONIC" would have been more suitable (obviously WITHOUT the "SQ" LOGO or the "blurb")

Well, the box is from WB/Rhino so they are using the WB Quadradisc logo. They probably cannot use the Columbia logos as they are copyrighted, but they did mimic the red Columbia label design on the discs themselves. The art department people probably had no clue that the text CD-4 Channel Discrete described a technology that no longer exists, and that QUADRADISC was the definition of an LP.

At any rate, it still looks cool to see it there in 2016. Who'da thunk?

As a side note, when the Quadio DTS-DVD first came out of the CTA album, I was still having random phone conversations with Lou Dorren regarding the CD-4 Demodulator he was working on. When I told him that a new release came out from Rhino that used most of the CD-4 graphics and logo's from the original WB releases of the '70s. He was a bit taken aback and said he was "going to call those people" and speak with them about it. Not sure what he meant, but I don't think he was happy.

Well, the box is from WB/Rhino so they are using the WB Quadradisc logo. They probably cannot use the Columbia logos as they are copyrighted, but they did mimic the red Columbia label design on the discs themselves. The art department people probably had no clue that the text CD-4 Channel Discrete described a technology that no longer exists, and that QUADRADISC was the definition of an LP.

At any rate, it still looks cool to see it there in 2016. Who'da thunk?

I love the appearance of this set and the condensed size works for me...I wouldn't change a thing:)

Now, the good news was that we GOT the QUADIO Chicago box.
Now for their answer to my email (the bad news):

Dear ,

Thank you for your email and your feedback!

We do not have current plans for further releases, but I will forward your message to our suggestion box.

Dr. Rhino

Boooooo..!!! :p :(

Not shooting the messenger - at all - Thanks for enquiring and for passing on the info to us all at QQ, surroundophile :upthumb

...Please Dr. Rhino, write me a prescription for a Doobies Quadio Box.. I've an urgent medical need to have those Quads on Blu-ray...
the window is closing, time is fleeting, we'll soon be in another dimensionnnnn.. what are you waiting for Dr. Rhino?

- "Doctor! Doctor! I feel like a pack of cards!"
- "Sit over there and I'll deal with you later"

wocka wocka fckin wocka :ugham:

Boooooo..!!! :p :(

Not shooting the messenger - at all - Thanks for enquiring and for passing on the info to us all at QQ, surroundophile :upthumb

...Please Dr. Rhino, write me a prescription for a Doobies Quadio Box.. I've an urgent medical need to have those Quads on Blu-ray...
the window is closing, time is fleeting, we'll soon be in another dimensionnnnn.. what are you waiting for Dr. Rhino?

- "Doctor! Doctor! I feel like a pack of cards!"
- "Sit over there and I'll deal with you later"

wocka wocka fckin wocka :ugham:

I definitely wouldn't read anything into that response - even if they have something that they're considering, they're not going to say it anyway. They know that when they reply like that, it's likely going to get spread around on a forum. I'll bet they definitely have at least some rough ideas for a follow-up if this box passes whatever threshold they have in mind...

I definitely wouldn't read anything into that response - even if they have something that they're considering, they're not going to say it anyway. They know that when they reply like that, it's likely going to get spread around on a forum. I'll bet they definitely have at least some rough ideas for a follow-up if this box passes whatever threshold they have in mind...

I totally agree... :)

Yep...they don't want to model MoFi's approach...pre orders that last for years and sometimes never make it to production

Back