'The Beatles' (White Album) [50th Anniversary Box Set with 5.1 Blu-ray Disc!]

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
That's if it EVEN comes within 7 ~ 10 days? How's your French?

Other than counting to five, Patti Labelle taught me the only French I know: "Voulez-vous coucher avec moi ce soir? Voulez-vous coucher avec moi?" That's the extent of it, and it is probably inappropriate for this family oriented website. I would not want to have to communicate with Amazon France if there is a delivery problem. The customer service rep would probably call me a son-of-a-window-dresser.

Other than counting to five, Patti Labelle taught me the only French I know: "Voulez-vous coucher avec moi ce soir? Voulez-vous coucher avec moi?" That's the extent of it, and it is probably inappropriate for this family oriented website. I would not want to have to communicate with Amazon France if there is a delivery problem. The customer service rep would probably call me a son-of-a-window-dresser.

In effect, what Russian composer Igor Stravinsky called French fashion icon/perfumer Coco Chanel which basically ended their torrid relationship!

Last edited:

Should anybody here ever need to communicate with Amazon France, simply send me a PM with your message and I'll gladly translate it for you so you may send a clear and to the point message in French. And there will be no need to coucher avec moi... ;)

Should anybody here ever need to communicate with Amazon France, simply send me a PM with your message and I'll gladly translate it for you so you may send a clear and to the point message in French. And there will be no need to coucher avec moi... ;)

Can you translate "native Snood"o_O

A SNOOD NATIF?

1413569250163_wps_11_PIC_BY_ANDREY_GUDKOV_CATE.jpg

Last edited:
Here is an article from Variety:
https://www.google.com/amp/s/variet...ite-album-deluxe-giles-martin-1202962127/amp/

For the sound of the White Album remix, Martin said he took his cues from McCartney, who told him, “Your job is to push boundaries, not to be safe.”

Though none of the new 5.1 mix of the album, to be included on a Blu-ray disc with the box, was aired, Martin indicated that some of it has a hold-onto-your-seat quality. He said of the roiling, experimental “Revolution 9,” “It’s really scary. You have to leave the lights on when you hear that.”

So from The Beatles side of things, it would appear that Giles would not necessarily have to be conservative (presumably also in the 5.1 mix). If The White Album surround mix is not immersive in comparison to Sgt. Pepper I will be disappointed. No limitations from the multitracks or resistance from The Beatles/estates, only Giles’ flawed approach to blame.

Here is an article from Variety:
https://www.google.com/amp/s/variet...ite-album-deluxe-giles-martin-1202962127/amp/

For the sound of the White Album remix, Martin said he took his cues from McCartney, who told him, “Your job is to push boundaries, not to be safe.”

Though none of the new 5.1 mix of the album, to be included on a Blu-ray disc with the box, was aired, Martin indicated that some of it has a hold-onto-your-seat quality. He said of the roiling, experimental “Revolution 9,” “It’s really scary. You have to leave the lights on when you hear that.”

So from The Beatles side of things, it would appear that Giles would not necessarily have to be conservative (presumably also in the 5.1 mix). If The White Album surround mix is not immersive in comparison to Sgt. Pepper I will be disappointed. No limitations from the multitracks or resistance from The Beatles/estates, only Giles’ flawed approach to blame.

Love showed us what Giles is capable of doing 5.1 with complete songs like Walrus, All You Need Is Love, Here Comes The Sun, etc. Hopefully he has used a similar approach on The White Album. The Pepper 5.1 was meant to sound close to the in-your-face mono version, and I think that philosophy really drove the mix. I mean, Pepper is a quintessential psychedelic work that lends itself to unbridled use of quadraphonic gimmicks such as sounds flying around the room. Some might cringe at that thought, but much of Pepper sounds like an acid trip to me.

[QUOTE="ar surround, post: 390524, member: 4840"]Love showed us what Giles is capable of doing 5.1 with complete songs like Walrus, All You Need Is Love, Here Comes The Sun, etc. Hopefully he has used a similar approach on The White Album. The Pepper 5.1 was meant to sound close to the in-your-face mono version, and I think that philosophy really drove the mix. I mean, Pepper is a quintessential psychedelic work that lends itself to unbridled use of quadraphonic gimmicks such as sounds flying around the room. Some might cringe at that thought, but much of Pepper sounds like an acid trip to me.[/QUOTE]

Here we go again.. down the same rabbit hole...this isn't going to be another LOVE....it just isn't...instead of saying "that ship has sailed"...I'll say.."that circus has left town":D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back