SPOTLIGHT 6 Vocalion Surround SACD Releases - Argent, Blood, Sweat & Tears, BW Stevenson, Guess Who, Buddy Miles & Santana, Don Sebesky (Dec 2019)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ugh...it's an odd number. 5 new multi-channels........what to do? Pretty sure I have all the other titles..don't like classical......
To be clear, I don't think it's in any way anything but a matter of taste what one likes, and it's cool to just not like classical in general. But this has an awful lot that's really popular "classical thunder" material, in great quad mixes: https://www.duttonvocalion.co.uk/proddetail.php?prod=2CDLX7369.

Come to think of it, this is too: https://www.duttonvocalion.co.uk/proddetail.php?prod=CDLX7362. In fact, although they've become part of the classical repertoire, they're both adaptation of film scores. Here's probably the most famous bit:

To be clear, I don't think it's in any way anything but a matter of taste what one likes, and it's cool to just not like classical in general. But this has an awful lot that's really popular "classical thunder" material, in great quad mixes: https://www.duttonvocalion.co.uk/proddetail.php?prod=2CDLX7369.

Come to think of it, this is too: https://www.duttonvocalion.co.uk/proddetail.php?prod=CDLX7362. In fact, although they've become part of the classical repertoire, they're both adaptation of film scores. Here's probably the most famous bit:

Thanks for the suggestions! Actually, I do have the Tilson Thomas, and I do like it. Don't have the other. Maybe I'll give it a try. I want to buy 6, not 5. :)

Thanks for the suggestions! Actually, I do have the Tilson Thomas, and I do like it. Don't have the other. Maybe I'll give it a try. I want to buy 6, not 5. :)
If you've seen Woody Allen's "Love and Death," he uses the Lt. Kije Suite very heavily, as well (it was originally the score to a early Soviet comedy, suffice to say the music is the only memorable part). It's a lot of fun.

This is probably the most famous part (although I actually like the finale the best, especially in Michael Dutton's surround mix, that spreads the multiple themes going on at the same time around the room):

If you've seen Woody Allen's "Love and Death," he uses the Lt. Kije Suite very heavily, as well (it was originally the score to a early Soviet comedy, suffice to say the music is the only memorable part). It's a lot of fun.

This is probably the most famous part (although I actually like the finale the best, especially in Michael Dutton's surround mix, that spreads the multiple themes going on at the same time around the room):

Greg Lake did a great job of stealing that theme for his "I Believe in Father Christmas." :)

I really hope this means there's more O'Jays in the wings. Speaking of that, if they can now dip into the Capitol vaults, would be neat if we could get a two-fer of both Macca & Wings Quads, maybe the Ringo's (Vienna + Unreleased). For O'Jays, there's still Ship Ahoy, Message in the Music, Live in London and quite possibly Backstabbers.

We now have all four Earth, Wind and Fire's with the two brought by Audio Fidelity and that is very cool.
Hmm, your avatar is X'd out there @Q-Eight ???

All these recent releases are great news for sure. :)
But, a part of me wishes they’d slow down (sacrilegious, I know) just a wee bit.
My wallet and I can’t keep up LOL

I started way too late...I'll never catch up...damn things like $$$ blocking the way...im trying to get some new n some old stuff...OOP can be spendy

That’s my situation too, started too late.
I’ve bought quite a few (9 or 10) in recent months but despite that am farther behind

Well in the last 5 months ive had to switch jobs. .now 1/2 what i was making. .3 weeks of not working...watching sister die
relatives ive not seen in person for years in town...then new job but laid off temporarily for xmas with no pay...add to that some major expenses for other issues...

Yep sometimes "things" just s*ck...and since mid july its just too much shit all at once :(

Oh well this too shall pass...

You’ve had a rough go, sorry to hear that. Hopefully things smooth out and the music helps you through.

I have both of those discs and haven’t had time to play them. That’s the other problem, even if my wallet could keep, my time wouldn’t

I'm making time...working less earning less but listening more. .getting lazy in my old age...REALLY LISTENING ALOT this surround music has me addicted...atleast im not addicted to drugs...just caffeine nicotine lil herbs n buying & listening to music.. Could be worse...no alcohol or crack :)

Back