Listening to Now (In Surround) - Volume 2

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great disc for tonight

Attachments

• doobie.jpg
    doobie.jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 303
View attachment 17192

Niiiice!! (y)

Feels like I'm onstage at the Fillmore East.

Sadly - I haven't yet heard that (but I'm sure to listen someday) ..
I do though, miss the times when I was contracted by some passing entertainer - to either be backstage (registered electrician see) in case anything went wrong, or sometimes, to be out in the Front-of-House technicians "box" controlling the various sound levels and lights etc - (to "help the show be successful), such as a Billy Connolly comedy show - back in the 1980's in Invercargill .. or Vinesong - a christian music troupe, that toured NZ many years ago - back in the late nineties - when I was more involved with all set-ups and dismantling of each show (there was a lot as I remember in small towns all around Central Otago).

Nothing though - compares to the running of a music event that I was a DJ and set-up engineer within, Circle Disco - run by the Alexandra Citizen Band (CB) group - to raise funds for our charity events.?

Being able to "play" all your favourite music - as well as anything any attendee brought along to "disco to" - was a delight, considering that I also used a LOT more speakers, than one should do - for a disco event, with them all being - surround sound speakers.. in a system I invented, designed and set-up on a regular monthly basis - until someone stole half my tapes and vinyls (whereupon, as son as I discovered them missing from a secure back room, I disbanded that disco event) - .thus - I must go and listen from the wings - the sounds you have heard - (normally) at front of house.

Also - to another user here - playing snowboard somewhere..

After moving another foot of snow from the driveway and surrounding areas, my brain kept playing "Snowbound", so once I came in and dried off, it was an easy move to the DVD-A of "Kamakiriad".

Wake me up when the wolves come out to play

The wolf came OUT to play - yet what he found wasn't worth playing, as the original artist loaded the frontal sections of his recording's sound stage - to the detriment of not getting enough balance - into the surround OR THE REAR of his studio . such that I lost interest very very quickly sorry - sitting as I was, up in the GODS of the recording studio's sound stage - a little left of center, on the LHS in the wings..
Too much audio in the frontal channels - made the rear of the stage a dead sound area.

If I had the time (I don't at 5am on a chilly winter's all-nighter), I could have switched my headphones BACK to just "L+R" frontal - to hear it as a casual monofied stereo..
But I'm on a missing mission - to discover as many good sounding surround sound playable items as I can - before I get bored and start playing (offline) my fav C&C video games..

Sorry = I simply lost interest

Australian band Hunters & Collectors Live 2014 concert from The Palais here in Melbourne. (where I saw Steve Wilson last year).

This is an unreleased 5.1 album from multitracks (40 track), sounds awesome:
View attachment 53066
That sounds mighty impressive! I caught the Hunters at their Mt Duneed winery show that year (supported by British India, Something For Kate, and You Am I) with four mates. So much fun, though I could barely speak the following day, as I'd sung myself hoarse. 😅 Will you please tell me a little about this release? I'm astonished I managed to miss it entirely, all these years. 😱

Back