Listening to Now (In Surround) - Volume 2

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
SACD
51BWtlC4OxL._SX466_.jpg

Australian band Hunters & Collectors Live 2014 concert from The Palais here in Melbourne. (where I saw Steve Wilson last year).

This is an unreleased 5.1 album from multitracks (40 track), sounds awesome:
View attachment 53066
Bugga! I managed to completely miss this release! Appears to be VERY hard to find now, particularly in the 5.1 format. I would consume the nether regions of a low-flying duck for this! Then again, when you are Australian, it is almost impossible to find ANY old (or new) favourite Oz rock or blues releases with a surround sound treatment... I would LOVE surround versions of 'Human Frailty', or Sebastian Hardie and 'Four Moments', Chain - 'Towards The Blues', or The Church, or Cold Chisel, or Tully, or Taman Shud, or Deb Conway, or.... (you get the idea)

Bugga! I managed to completely miss this release! Appears to be VERY hard to find now, particularly in the 5.1 format. I would consume the nether regions of a low-flying duck for this! Then again, when you are Australian, it is almost impossible to find ANY old (or new) favourite Oz rock or blues releases with a surround sound treatment... I would LOVE surround versions of 'Human Frailty', or Sebastian Hardie and 'Four Moments', Chain - 'Towards The Blues', or The Church, or Cold Chisel, or Tully, or Taman Shud, or Deb Conway, or.... (you get the idea)

Welcome aboard Mate :hi :SG:LB:SG:dance

Did I hear that the Petty Estate is going to re release Wildflowers in a box set? Surround?
I know a new EP was released this week.
For now I listen to this fine BD-A 5.1, 24/96. Pretty cool that a modern day artist had 4 surround releases before his untimely death under his belt. Fantastic, artist, musician, band leader, song writer, loved by millions.
9465.jpg

This box set is after my heart, when this was released of course all I had was the cassette, but the music was so great and the album cover of Eric looking so relaxed, not all Creamed out made it all the better. And Ocean Blvd, doesn't every City have a Ocean Blvd, so as a youngster I thought well maybe he's close by, but Ocean Blvd in San Francisco doesn't have palm trees. If you are new to our hobby this is a worthwhile investment, multiple albums, stereo, 5.1, 4.0, probably one of the top 5 box sets a surround enthusiast can buy.
I am listening to 461 Ocean Boulevard in one of two choices, 4.0, absolutely stupendous. But don't be stupid and just listen to the surround, the Freddie King Sessions, all the CD quality stuff is great. Highly Recommend.
9461.jpg

Thanks for the tip, I know nothing about this release, just looked on Amazon, I really like Marillion and this BD is $12.21, so I purchased.

I'm actually playing the 3 disc set with all 3 nights from the "weekend" in 2015 - I got it from Marillion's web shop and was pretty good deal given all the content...loads of other goodies there that are not available elsewhere too so I apologize in advance to your credit card...
marillion.com | Racket Records Store

Back